Valero Texas Open > March 27th - 30th

Marty b

Hi everyone, The Valero Texas Open looks to be a very open event this year. The course usually plays pretty tough with not particularly high scoring. It does not favour any particular type of player but looking at the statistics players with a high ranked driving distance combined with a highly ranked GIR do well here. Here are my selections: Charley Hoffman 28/1 paddy power 6 places 5 pts e/w Charley has a brilliant record here finishing tied 3rd here last year and finishing no lower than 13th in 4 attempts here. Last two times out he has finished t12th and t25th and has made 9 out of 10 cuts. He is ranked 20th in driving distance and 23rd in GIR. Hopefully his long driving can make a real difference here. Seung Yul Noh 80/1 paddy power 6 places 2 pts e/w the Korean has made 10 out of 11 cuts this season and is ranked 44th in driving distance and 32nd in GIR. Yeung has been threatening to post some good finishes for a while now and he seems to perform better on the more testing courses. I'm taking a chance this could be his week. Trevor Immelman 125/1 paddy power 6 places 1.5 pts e/w The South African has been putting together a run of decent form finishing t37 in Puerto Rico and t26 last week. He is ranked lowly in driving distance and GIR so I have gone against that trend but I just feel his form is improving and that can over ride the statistics. He is a good putter so if he can hit those greens he has a chance. Total outlay 17 pts

Re: Valero Texas Open > March 27th - 30th Tournament preview: 1pt ew J.Walker to win Texas Open 22/1 Coral (1/4 1-5) I like Jimmy Walker this week. He is a local resident so the course should be familiar to him and he is hitting the ball as well as anyone this season. He has already won three times on the PGA Tour this season and while he’s had a couple of quiet weeks since his last win he should be ready to step it up again now. Walker ranks second in par four scoring which should prove crucial this week and with his putter working well and his long game in good order the local man is well worth supporting here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/valero-texas-open-betting-local-man-jimmy-walker-can-take-another-title

Re: Valero Texas Open > March 27th - 30th Top European preview: 2pts F.Jacobson Top European 7/2 Stan James Given the conditions TPC San Antonio usually faces it is no surprise Fredrik Jacobson has a decent enough record around there. He is very good at the shots you need to play in windy conditions and when he’s on the dance floor he knows how to get the ball in the hole too. In the four years this tournament has been here Jacobson has finished in the top 20 on each occasion including a couple of top 5 finishes. He has been in the top 20 on the last three starts on Tour so he looks a worthy favourite in this market. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/valero-texas-open-betting-fredrik-jacobson-looks-the-pick-from-europe

Re: Valero Texas Open > March 27th - 30th Hi guy's, Here are my special bets for the Valero Texas Open: Top Australian player ROBERT ALLENBY 10/1 Ladbrokes 2.5 pts e/w Robert has been in poor form this season but last time outs t32 nd in the Valspar Championship was a lot more encouraging. He is ranked 43 rd in scrambling this season which will be useful here. He is a confidence player so hopefully he can get on a role. Top European player PADRAIG HARRINGTON 11/1 Ladbrokes 2.5 pts e/w Again Padraig has been in poor form recently but he has a good record here. He finished t10 th last year and he is capable of having a good tournament out of the blue. If he can keep his iron play accurate, which has often been his achilles he can perform well. Cross double Ladbrokes 1.5 pts e/w

Re: Valero Texas Open > March 27th - 30th In a tournament that has seen triple digit winners across the past 3 renewals lets throw the form book out of the window and have some fun this week. TPC San Antonio certainly favours those who are accurate off the tee and if you are accurate and have a bit of length as well then you will have a definite advantage. Martin Laird had no form coming into this last year, but his driving was accurate pre event and he loves Bermuda Poa Trivialis greens. A couple have caught my eye at picker prices. Seung-yul Noh is an 80/1 shot but fits the bill. He's accurate enough for a long driver, his GIR% is trending nicely and his putting on Bermudagrass greens has been excellent of late. Played well here on his debut and I can't resist. I also think Jhonattan Vegas has a shot on this tough AT&T Four Oaks course. Popped up a few weeks ago at PGA National when his putter decided to co-operate and that's the deal with the Texas-based Venezuelan, whose power game from tee-to-green is consistently excellent right now. He eats Par 5s and if the putter fires I think he will go well. It's worth remembering that he won the Bob Hope Classic on these Bermuda overseeded Poa Trivialis type greens back in 2010.

Re: Valero Texas Open > March 27th - 30th I was really hoping to back Kevin Chappell this week but I missed the earlier odds and honestly I feel that 34 is too short. Shame too, because I felt his US Open pedigree was a great fit for this event as it is one of the hardest courses to score on. Instead I'll look for another big priced winner to continue this event's trend and the one that stands out is: Michael Thompson @ 350 Betfair He won the Honda Classic last year which is by no means the easiest course in the world and also came 2nd in the US Open back in 2012. That suggests a player who fares better when the conditions are tougher and as such I feel this could be a great fit. His form isn't the best but his win came off 3 MC and a 78th and he missed 2/4 cuts and had no Top 50's in the month leading to his US Open feat, so that's not really a concern.