Arsenal v Swansea City > Tuesday March 25th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Arsenal v Swansea City (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.47[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.61 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Arsenal v Swansea City > Tuesday March 25th Arsenal -1 AH @ 1.78 Pinnacle If Arsenal have any sort of reaction here then Swansea are the perfect opponent to thrash out some frustration on. Arsene refused to do the post match press conference and now he has cancelled the pre-match press conference as well. Also yesterday some reported "clear the air" talks were held at the club yadda yadda blah bluh. All these indicate a show of strength and solidarity vs Swansea on Tuesday. Swansea are in horror form and Monk is a clown of a coach which is good for us because if Arsenal score early then Swansea are more likely to fold than if Laudrap was still there. They have lost 5 of their last 6 road trips in all comps the other being a 1-1 draw at Stoke. To me it looks like they thought they may have been safe and eased off the gas but now find themselves 4 points above the relegation places after some terrible form. Will they be the sacrificial lamb here which must be offered up to the football gods in order to desperately cling on to the illusion that Arsenal are still serious title threats? (at least for another couple of weeks or so) ;)

Re: Arsenal v Swansea City > Tuesday March 25th I'd be cautious taking Arsenal on a -1 here. The two times we've had really bad results this season (Man City away, Liverpool Away) we've followed it with very cagey defense-first approaches (two 0-0s vs Man Utd + Chelsea). I can see more of the same tomorrow against Swansea. The crowd will be a weird one at Emirates too - there are loads of spare tickets about (on the official exchange, and elsewhere) and I think in the end there will be a good portion of empty seats and a lot of regulars missing. Partly because this fixture is re-arranged from a while back, and partly because of the Chelsea result perhaps. I was at the home match against Swansea last season too in a similar set of circumstances (we were on a bad run, crowd split into factions of pro-Wenger and Anti-Wenger) and it was a nervous atmosphere that turned hostile when we lost 2-0. I'd love to see us respond properly - and the word is that Wenger will ring the changes; I'm expecting Szezsney, Chamberlain and Giroud to be dropped. I wouldn't count on it being a mauling though. My money would be on under 2.5 goals.

Re: Arsenal v Swansea City > Tuesday March 25th I have gone for Arsenal -1.0AH too. The somewhat bizarre tactics they seem to be employing away from home haven't really had any impact on the home form but they have certainly cost them any shot they had at winning the league, the injuries haven't helped either mind - if Chelsea had had the injuries Arsenal have had we would never hear the end of it, imo they are only top of the league because they have very rarely had to contend with any missings at all. Kos will be missing at the back for Arsenal so Vermaelen will come in, still not clear currently what rule the FA will make up this time regarding the wrongful sending off, it has to be overturned but conflicting reports regarding if they can ban Ox. Ramsey isn't far away from coming back but won't play here, Cazorla and Podolski didn't do themselves any favours at the weekend but he doesn't really have the numbers to change too much in an attacking sense. Don't think there is any doubt the Swansea fans are panicking about relegation, they have 1 win in 9 and have admitted the Europa League has taken it's toll - as it does for any team that don't have the resources to rotate the team massively. Monk hasn't really impressed and will probably be gone at the end of the season, I don't think they will go down but they concede far too many goals away from home. I wouldn't really have looked at this game were it not for the price on offer, I honestly expected to see 1.6 for this bet at best so I'm more than happy to play at 1.8, overreaction to the defeat at the weekend imo. Since the defeat to Villa in the opening game of the season Arsenal have played 13 home games winning 10 and drawing 3, the draws being against Everton, Chelsea and Man Utd. Arsenal aren't in the early season form but that's mainly because of the injuries, they usually have enough to dispatch the sides near the foot of the table though and Swansea's form makes them one of those sides. Arsenal -1.0AH - 1.8 - pinnacle - 5 Points

Re: Arsenal v Swansea City > Tuesday March 25th

I'd be cautious taking Arsenal on a -1 here. The two times we've had really bad results this season (Man City away, Liverpool Away) we've followed it with very cagey defense-first approaches (two 0-0s vs Man Utd + Chelsea). I can see more of the same tomorrow against Swansea. The crowd will be a weird one at Emirates too - there are loads of spare tickets about (on the official exchange, and elsewhere) and I think in the end there will be a good portion of empty seats and a lot of regulars missing. Partly because this fixture is re-arranged from a while back, and partly because of the Chelsea result perhaps. I was at the home match against Swansea last season too in a similar set of circumstances (we were on a bad run, crowd split into factions of pro-Wenger and Anti-Wenger) and it was a nervous atmosphere that turned hostile when we lost 2-0. I'd love to see us respond properly - and the word is that Wenger will ring the changes; I'm expecting Szezsney, Chamberlain and Giroud to be dropped. I wouldn't count on it being a mauling though. My money would be on under 2.5 goals.
Fair points but we should note the difference in quality between facing Man Utd (I know they have been terrible but they usually turn up when they play Arsenal) and Chelsea and playing Swansea. We should also note that Swansea have been on the decline for a fair while now, the managerial change hasn't brought about a change in league form and they are really struggling. They haven't picked up 3 points away since November if you go back a bit further they have won 1 in 12 away from home drawing 3 and losing 8, and look at the teams we are talking about they beat Fulham - which everyone does - and drew with Norwich, Stoke and Villa. I'm taking it based on the price and knowing how strong Arsenal are at home, Wenger will demand a reaction and while I'm sure a lot of the suicidal Arsenal fans will be calling for his resignation he knows how to beat teams like Swansea.

Re: Arsenal v Swansea City > Tuesday March 25th At the end of the day it's Arsenal we are talking about.They are the team with the strongest defence at home and if we accept that they won't concede a goal against Swansea i think it's more than likely The Gunners to score twice.But if Swansea score first the game can turn the other way and Arsenal to lose it.I think the 1st option is more likely to be seen.I doubt Arsenal will go crazy attacking but posses the ball trying to find open spaces.I can find more value in under 2.5 than -1AH just because the fact that Swansea is desperate for points and they would be happy to take 1 not rushing for all 3.They will prefer to wait and counter-attack at Emirates.Fatigue should be a factor too.Only 2 of Arsenal's last 6 games have gone over 2.5.(smashed by Chelsea and 4:1 against Everton).I am sure Wenger will be happy with 1:0 tomorrow.So under 2.5 would be my call @2.07 which is higher than i think it should be(bet365)

Re: Arsenal v Swansea City > Tuesday March 25th Team news should be crucial here shouldn't it? Will Ozil play? I'd expect Oxlade-Chamberlain to miss out once the red card for Gibbs is reversed, although I don't know what's worse, losing yet another midfielder, or your best full back with Jenkinson as back up.... Arsenal should look to bounce back here but say what you will about Swansea they still love to score away from home with eight scored in their last six away fixtures. Arsenal had five first team midfielders out against Chelsea, and with Ox out that looks pretty bad you can almost see why Wenger has bought so many midfielders, because they're always injured :lol I think they'll be happy with a win more so than be pleasing on the eyes and I can't see them playing that well tbh with so many key absences and Giroud threatening to be exposed.

Team news should be crucial here shouldn't it? Will Ozil play? I'd expect Oxlade-Chamberlain to miss out once the red card for Gibbs is reversed, although I don't know what's worse, losing yet another midfielder, or your best full back with Jenkinson as back up....
Apparently Arsenal have appealed the red card itself too - which means Chamberlain and Gibbs should both be available on Tuesday.

Re: Arsenal v Swansea City > Tuesday March 25th The reason Arsenal lost to Chelsea is because Chelsea started with Matic and Luiz as the 2 central midfielders. Tall strong mobile destroyers who's sole purpose on this earth is to get amongst it, win back possession and pass it on to the more creative players. OK so what? Well Arsenal started with a bunch of short, light weight technical players because of their heavy focus on attack and possession. The only player close to a Luiz or Matic type was Arteta. Arteta isn't going to boss the field against Chelsea any day of the week. Abou Diaby was missing and Flamini was on the bench so it was Arteta alone. - Rosicky, Ox, Carzola, Poldolski useless for winning back possession. The other Arsenal midfielders are made to play with the ball not without it. End result: Wenger doesn't alter his philosophy of passing open football even when away to Chelsea and sets up incorrectly for the specific requirements of that match. Chelsea are a rock, and Wenger kept coming at them with scissors. Swansea however are in a way, paper to Arsenal's scissors. Pardon the metaphors. The same stubborn tactics that will fail every time vs Chelsea imo are well suited to playing Swansea at home. Swansea will open up, pass, attack, and maybe score against Arsenal. Problem for them is that Arsenal are excellent at beating miniature versions of themselves at home. Arsenal's loss ensures there will be no sloppy starts or unmotivated performances here and those destroyer players won't be needed here as it will be Arsenal dictating play and taking the initiative to Swansea. So Arteta and Flamini will be sufficient here, allowing the more forward players more opportunites.

Re: Arsenal v Swansea City > Tuesday March 25th That's a very unfair comment about Matic. He has great passing game and vista. The Serbian version of Thiago Motta. The line movement is interesting. A lot of over reaction on the injury list and the bad performance in Chelsea but Arsenal knows how to deal with both issues. This year they bounce back easier than in the past where you could feel a crisis was fast to happen, and they know how to deal with forced turnover.

Re: Arsenal v Swansea City > Tuesday March 25th Arsenal FC - Swansea City How many corners will Team 2 be awarded? Pick: Over 3,5 at 1.83 Bet365 22.02.2014 PR Arsenal 4-1 Sunderland 7-3 12.02.2014 PR Arsenal 0-0 Manchester United 5-5 02.02.2014 PR Arsenal 2-0 Crystal Palace 6-5 18.01.2014 PR Arsenal 2-0 Fulham FC 4-4 01.01.2014 PR Arsenal 2-0 Cardiff City 12-2 22.03.2014 PR Everton FC 3-2 Swansea City 5-12 23.02.2014 PR Liverpool FC 4-3 Swansea City 3-5 12.02.2014 PR Stoke City 1-1 Swansea City 1-1 01.02.2014 PR West Ham 2-0 Swansea City 8-11 11.01.2014 PR Manchester United 2-0 Swansea City 3-5 Arsenal is coming off humiliated 6-0 at Stamford Bridge , a blow fledged so that will be very anxious to play against a team that plays football very well but do not have good results. Consistent with this line of corners and I think is low despite being a whole Arsenal team has before. Arsenal have given this line in 3 of their last 4 games (Fulham , Crystal Palace and United) and Swansea away is to make 12 to Everton and has exceeded all this line in 4 of his last 5 outings (Everton , Liverpool , West Ham and United) , so I think that this line has so many possibilities and decide to go with it.

I have gone for Arsenal -1.0AH too. The somewhat bizarre tactics they seem to be employing away from home haven't really had any impact on the home form but they have certainly cost them any shot they had at winning the league, the injuries haven't helped either mind - if Chelsea had had the injuries Arsenal have had we would never hear the end of it, imo they are only top of the league because they have very rarely had to contend with any missings at all. Kos will be missing at the back for Arsenal so Vermaelen will come in, still not clear currently what rule the FA will make up this time regarding the wrongful sending off, it has to be overturned but conflicting reports regarding if they can ban Ox. Ramsey isn't far away from coming back but won't play here, Cazorla and Podolski didn't do themselves any favours at the weekend but he doesn't really have the numbers to change too much in an attacking sense. Don't think there is any doubt the Swansea fans are panicking about relegation, they have 1 win in 9 and have admitted the Europa League has taken it's toll - as it does for any team that don't have the resources to rotate the team massively. Monk hasn't really impressed and will probably be gone at the end of the season, I don't think they will go down but they concede far too many goals away from home. I wouldn't really have looked at this game were it not for the price on offer, I honestly expected to see 1.6 for this bet at best so I'm more than happy to play at 1.8, overreaction to the defeat at the weekend imo. Since the defeat to Villa in the opening game of the season Arsenal have played 13 home games winning 10 and drawing 3, the draws being against Everton, Chelsea and Man Utd. Arsenal aren't in the early season form but that's mainly because of the injuries, they usually have enough to dispatch the sides near the foot of the table though and Swansea's form makes them one of those sides. Arsenal -1.0AH - 1.8 - pinnacle - 5 Points LOST
I'm not going to moan because I've had a cracking night but fcuk me Arsenal!! :spank