** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

CPO's Horse Racing Thread

Re: CPO's Horse Racing Thread Mixed bag today. Not much luck over at Meydan... Cavalryman was just touched off, Vercingetorix and Cat O'Mountain got us some each way money and Amber Sky won. Bit gutted as I would have opted for African Story had I need seen the age stat for the race. Thrilled to see Toast of New York win as well! Brae Hill was a nice winner at Doncaster. Probably just up on the day.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CPO's Horse Racing Thread 3.20 Doncaster - Flyman 2pts win @ 8/1 William Hill Richard Fahey did me a favour yesterday with Brae Hill so I am going to take my chances with one of his runners in this race. Flyman finished 4th over CD on his last start of last season in a better race than this one and should go close here if fit and ready. He is well drawn in 1 and handles soft ground. He improved last season and looks the type to go on again this year. He likes to race prominently which I think is important at this track and I think he has a favourites chance in this race.

Re: CPO's Horse Racing Thread 5.00 Kempton - Thecornishcockney 2pts win @ 10/1 BetVictor I quite like the chances of Thecornishcockney in this. He is back from a stint at Dubai where it didn't really work out for him. I found it a little strange that connections chose to run him at 12f and 14f considering his best form had been shown at 2m over this CD. Both of his defeats in Dubai however have been franked several times by horses coming out of those races. This horses form really took off last season when bolting up in a couple of 2m handicaps at this track with the last victory coming from a mark of 95. It was only a class 4 race but the manner of the win would suggest he could be competitive in a higher grade which is what he gets here. He is stepping up into class 2 and is 5lbs higher so life will be much more difficult but he is unexposed over this trip on the all weather. All 3 attempts at 2m+ on the all weather have resulted in easy wins for Thecornishcockey so there could still be more to come from him. John Ryan has his horses in fine form at the moment and they will be bouncing after having the Lincoln winner on Saturday. He shows a very healthy level stakes profit at the track of +£30.03 and the top all weather jockey takes the ride. Adam Kirby has a great record on this horse which reads 5-3-1-2-1-1. The favourite looks the main danger having looked unlucky at Lingfield last time out. He is a previous winner at the track and is unexposed over this trip as well but he is improving with every run. Both Sir Graham Wade and Clowance Estate are returning from breaks but both would have a chance if turning up ready to go first time up.

Re: CPO's Horse Racing Thread Pretty rubbish start to this thread but starting to turn things around. Cheltenham as usual was my undoing...Bob's Worth was a very painful one to take. Get Aintree over next week and then its full steam ahead for the flat. I have managed to claw back nearly 50pts since Thursday so hopefully get into profit sooner rather than later! Bets 39 Winning bets 7 Strike Rate 18% Staked 83 Returned 73.37 Profit -9.63

Re: CPO's Horse Racing Thread Grand National – Raz De Maree 1pt EW @ 50/1 BetVictor (NRNB 6 places) I have promised myself I am not going to go crazy in the Grand National this year as I always back several horses in the race and never find the winner! This year I am pinning my hopes on one horse and that horse is Raz De Maree. At the moment he is available at 66/1 and I don’t really expect that to change too much come Saturday. The master trainer Dessie Hughes trains him and this race has undoubtedly been on his radar for some time having come so close with Black Apalachai. He unseated at the 2nd Bechers when travelling well in front in 2009 and finished 2nd in the race to Don’t Push It the following year. He hasn’t been as close as that since then but managed to get a decent run out of Rare Bob last year to finish 5th. I am hoping the Grand National this year has been the master plan for this horse after winning back-to-back chases back in 2012. On only his 5th start over fences he took the Munster National and he followed that with another win in the Paddy Power Cork Grand National. He may have been fortuitous that day as Outlaw Pete ran out at the last fence when just in front but I think Raz De Maree may have got up. Dessie Hughes has described this horse as an out an out stayer so he should be well suited stepping up in trip. He was off the track for a year after winning at Cork, which is a slight worry because since returning to the track he hasn’t been running well. He was pulled up at Navan, finished 12th of 18 at Punchestown, was pulled up at Naas and then finished 3rd of 5 at Down Royal on his final prep race for this. There was a lot more encouragement from his latest run in the first time blinkers and that will have hopefully put him spot on for this. I think ideally he would prefer more rain but he does have some form on better ground earlier in his career. I get the feeling the easing of the course has brought this into even more of a stamina test and it will be tough for those carrying big weights as the fences aren’t feared as much now and can be attacked. Last year was the first time since 2009 that a horse carrying less than 11 stone won the race so I am happy with Raz De Maree carrying just 10-3. Other than that he does fit plenty of the top trends for the Grand National and I feel he has a good chance of at least making the places.

Re: CPO's Horse Racing Thread

5.00 Kempton - Thecornishcockney 2pts win @ 10/1 BetVictor I quite like the chances of Thecornishcockney in this. He is back from a stint at Dubai where it didn't really work out for him. I found it a little strange that connections chose to run him at 12f and 14f considering his best form had been shown at 2m over this CD. Both of his defeats in Dubai however have been franked several times by horses coming out of those races. This horses form really took off last season when bolting up in a couple of 2m handicaps at this track with the last victory coming from a mark of 95. It was only a class 4 race but the manner of the win would suggest he could be competitive in a higher grade which is what he gets here. He is stepping up into class 2 and is 5lbs higher so life will be much more difficult but he is unexposed over this trip on the all weather. All 3 attempts at 2m+ on the all weather have resulted in easy wins for Thecornishcockey so there could still be more to come from him. John Ryan has his horses in fine form at the moment and they will be bouncing after having the Lincoln winner on Saturday. He shows a very healthy level stakes profit at the track of +£30.03 and the top all weather jockey takes the ride. Adam Kirby has a great record on this horse which reads 5-3-1-2-1-1. The favourite looks the main danger having looked unlucky at Lingfield last time out. He is a previous winner at the track and is unexposed over this trip as well but he is improving with every run. Both Sir Graham Wade and Clowance Estate are returning from breaks but both would have a chance if turning up ready to go first time up.
Humm didn't get to see the race but apparently he pulled himself up....! Obviously he would have won had he not misbehaved haha

Re: CPO's Horse Racing Thread 4.20 Kempton – Incendo 1pt EW @ 7/1 PaddyPower I’ll take a chance on Incendo here who comes here on the back of a very impressive win in a claimer at Lingfield last time out. Although that was a lot easier than this race, Incendo travelled powerfully throughout and never had to come off the bridle to win comfortably. He will clearly find this much tougher form a 6lb higher mark but if he can build on that win, then I see no reason why he cant go close having won over CD from a 2lb higher mark in the past. His record over CD is a good one with just a couple of poor efforts which excuses can be made. His record over CD reads 2-1-3-3-2-1-8-6. The 8 came in a good group 3 race, which he was always going to struggle in the 6 came a few runs ago where they experimented with first time blinkers. His last win over CD came nearly 2 years ago but came off a mark of 82. Tomorrow he races off 80 so could go well if arriving in the same form as he was in at Lingfield. I think it’s a strange move replacing the cheekpieces he wore at Lingifled with a visor but maybe he is a horse that you have to mix it up with. He did win first time up in a visor back in 2010. I actually backed Swift Blade when he beat Sporting Gold over CD and I don’t expect there to be much between them again. They finished in a real bunch that day and I get the feeling Swift Blade’s run could come to an end tomorrow. I think the main danger could be Waving who was undone by the longer trip on his latest start. Dropping back in trip could help get back on the winning trail but I am happy to take my chances on the quirky Incendo. I just hope he doesn’t do the same as the quirky customer I backed today!

4.20 Kempton – Incendo 1pt EW @ 7/1 PaddyPower I’ll take a chance on Incendo here who comes here on the back of a very impressive win in a claimer at Lingfield last time out. Although that was a lot easier than this race, Incendo travelled powerfully throughout and never had to come off the bridle to win comfortably. He will clearly find this much tougher form a 6lb higher mark but if he can build on that win, then I see no reason why he cant go close having won over CD from a 2lb higher mark in the past. His record over CD is a good one with just a couple of poor efforts which excuses can be made. His record over CD reads 2-1-3-3-2-1-8-6. The 8 came in a good group 3 race, which he was always going to struggle in the 6 came a few runs ago where they experimented with first time blinkers. His last win over CD came nearly 2 years ago but came off a mark of 82. Tomorrow he races off 80 so could go well if arriving in the same form as he was in at Lingfield. I think it’s a strange move replacing the cheekpieces he wore at Lingifled with a visor but maybe he is a horse that you have to mix it up with. He did win first time up in a visor back in 2010. I actually backed Swift Blade when he beat Sporting Gold over CD and I don’t expect there to be much between them again. They finished in a real bunch that day and I get the feeling Swift Blade’s run could come to an end tomorrow. I think the main danger could be Waving who was undone by the longer trip on his latest start. Dropping back in trip could help get back on the winning trail but I am happy to take my chances on the quirky Incendo. I just hope he doesn’t do the same as the quirky customer I backed today!
Non-Runner :spank

Re: CPO's Horse Racing Thread 3.20 Kempton – Shaunas Spirit 1pt EW @ 16/1 William Hill This horse is a crazy price in this if you consider her record at the track. She has 3 wins over CD and a further 2 wins here over a mile. Yes she has had plenty of runs here but she clearly goes well at the track. She won over CD on the 12th March just getting the better of Fab Lolly. She didn’t have much in hand that day but she got the better of a horse that’s in cracking form and has since ran well in a higher grade from a 4lb higher mark. Shaunas Spirit won that race despite running freely throughout and the 2nd horse looking all over her in the home straight. She has great battling qualities, which should hole her in good stead here. Shaunas Sprit has a history of staying in form once she gets into form so it’s not out of the question that she could follow up. She has a 5lb rise to contend with but her win last time out was a career best effort. She will be running from her highest ever mark so she will find things much tougher but at 16/1 she is a very big price. If all 8 go to post I would be hopeful of at least a place. Dean Ivory has had a recent winner and does very well at the track showing a level stakes profit of +£9.75 and operating at a 10% strike rate. It’s no surprise that Adam Kirby is the top jock at the track and continues to bang in winners. Shaunas Spirit doesn’t have the greatest of draws in 9 but she is versatile as to how she is ridden given she can go from the front or be held up right at the back. She knows her way around here and I am hopeful Kirby can get this horse involved in the finish. I was interested in First Class last night but the price on that one has gone.

Re: CPO's Horse Racing Thread 4.50 Kempton - Mary Le Bow 2pts win @ 6/1 SportingBet Lucy Wadham has a poor strike rate at the track but she had a couple of 2nds the other day and I fancy this one could go close with Ryan Moore on board. This horse has been beaten 3 times by a couple of her rivals today but I feel there is reason to believe she can turn the tables of both of those. Masterpaver has beaten her twice but Mary Le Bow is better off at the weights for a couple of narrow defeats and should reverse the form. She was also beaten by Captain Mo last time out at Lingfield but that race was run at a very slow pace which I don't think suited. A stronger gallop here and this trip of 13f should really suit. She has proven herself at the track and Ryan Moore is in fine form at the moment and should get this one to go very close.

Re: CPO's Horse Racing Thread Disappointing today. My main fancy was a non-runner and ended up backing a couple of horses I didn't fancy as much! Fancy a couple tomorrow... one on the flat and one over jumps. 4.15 Wincanton - Invicta Lake 1pt EW @ 11/1 BetVictor Invicta Lake has been backed already for this and I do think he has an excellent chance. He has already defeated Henryville who is the favourite for this race back in November. I think the drying ground is in his favour and he is already a CD winner. I think the drop back in trip from 3m is also a plus and Suzy Smith has 2 winners from 10 runners at the track.

Re: CPO's Horse Racing Thread 5.10 Leopardstown – Sretaw 1pt EW @ 8/1 Bet365 The other horse I fancy today is Sretaw who goes in a competitive handicap at Leopardstown. This horse returned to action at the end of February at Dundalk where he poorly placed throughout but stayed on in the final furlong to finish 4 lengths behind the leader with very little assistance in the saddle. That was an encouraging return to action if you consider his 3 previous visits to that track were all very poor. I think this horse is very interesting back on the turf today running off a mark of 67. His turf record is much better than his all weather record with 2 wins and a 3rd coming from 5 runs. His best form has come on better ground but I don’t see him having a problem with the softer conditions today given he ran a decent race at Gowran Park on soft ground in April last year. Another positive with this horse is the fact he clearly likes running in big fields. His 2 wins have come in fields of 16 and 15 runners and his other placed effort came in a 17-runner field. Today all 16 will hopefully take the place leaving 4 places up for grabs. Although D M Melia has won on this horse previously at the Curragh, I am happy to see Declan McDonogh on board today. This horse can show even more improvement with a professional jockey on board and I would be hopeful of at least a place today given his encouraging return to action at Dundalk. Gavin Cromwell is a trainer I know very little about but over the last 5 years on the flat he has had 4 winners form 37 runners with a further 8 placed horses, which isn’t bad for a small yard. Declan McDonogh hasn’t had a winner in the last 14 days from 9 runners with most of them coming for John Oxx. That wouldn’t put me off as he does well at this track operating a 10% strike rite.

Re: CPO's Horse Racing Thread Another blank day today! Both horses were pretty disappointing. Sretaw was well backed all day but that money was well off the mark. Some quality jump racing to get stuck into over the next few days!

Re: CPO's Horse Racing Thread 2.00 Aintree – Commissioned 1pt EW @ 14/1 Bet365 The Triumph Hurdle is usually a good pointer in this race but that trend was broken last year with L’Unique skipping Cheltenham in favour of this race having won the Adonis at Kempton. In fact the first 3 home in this race last year all missed Cheltenham with Flaxen Flare in 4th being the best finisher of those that raced at the festival. If that stat were to be followed again this year then plenty of the main contenders in this race would be ruled out such as Calipto, Guitar Pete, Hawk High and Broughton. Activial who won the Adonis at Kempton is rightly vying for favouritism but I am going to take a chance on the horse that finished 2nd in the Adonis, Commissioned. He is trained by John Ferguson and has only had 2 runs over hurdles. He showed plenty of improvement on his 2nd run at Kempton in the first time blinkers to get within a few lengths of Activial. He put in a few sketchy jumps that day and had to be switched or wait for room at certain points in the race but he stayed on well once O’Regan asked him for his effort. If he can cut out any jumping errors, I think we will see an improved performance from him if the ground continues to dry up. All of his flat form came on quick ground so the dryer the better for this son of Authorized. He keeps the blinkers on which is no surprise and would not have to improve too much to get involved here. John Ferguson has his horses in form so I am hopeful of a big run. I think Activial is the main danger but I would underestimate Hawk High who travelled so nicely in the Fred Winter and quickened well after the last. He is another horse that would prefer good ground so connections will be hoping the rain stays away. It will be interesting to see what Calipto can do given how unlucky he was in the Triumph but I think this could be fought out by the 1-2 from the Adonis at Kempton with hopefully Commissioned reversing the form.

Re: CPO's Horse Racing Thread 4.15 Aintree – Anay Turge 1pt EW @ 18/1 BetVictor This is so tough to work out. Claret Cloak would have gone very close had he not made that mistake at the 2nd last at Cheltenham and is the rightful favourite here. Arnaud has been well backed already and it’s easy to see why given his recent form. He should be well suited to this test. I also like the other Emma Lavelle runner Off The Ground who ran well for a very long way in the JLT. The most likely winner of this race is probably going to come from those 3 but I am going to take a chance on Anay Turge at an each way price. This horse is back over fences here after finishing well beaten in the County hurdle. Previous to that run he had won a couple of hurdle races quite nicely but its no surprise to see connections get him back over fences. He put up a career best effort over fences when winning a class 2 race at Cheltenham back in November from a mark of 127. Mark Quinlan took off 3lbs that day but he was well on top at the finish, which suggested he could go in again from a higher mark. Tomorrow he races off 134 with Tom Bellamy taking off another 7lbs. That would put him just 3lbs above his winning mark at Cheltenham taking into account the jockeys claims. Anay Turge is a horse that does well switching codes and looking at his record it does seem to freshen him up after a couple of poor efforts. After his win at Cheltenham he unseated at Newbury and was then pulled up at Ludlow 4 days later, which I would happily ignore. He has 2 previous runs over CD both resulting in a 2nd place. He is a horse that handles any ground and tomorrow he gets first time blinkers, which could also freshen him up. Nigel Hawke doesn’t have many runners here but he does have 1 winner from 4 runners. Although he isn’t the most likely winner of the race, if the main contenders do underperform which is possible given their Cheltenham exploits, Anay Turge could be one to take advantage.

Re: CPO's Horse Racing Thread 5.25 Aintree – Kaylif Aramis 1pt EW @ 16/1 PaddyPower This horse has to prove his stamina but I can see him staying the trip given his pedigree. He put up a career best effort when taking a 20f handicap at Ascot and was travelling well enough when falling in the Coral Cup at Cheltenham. He runs off the same mark here and should go well if he stays upright. Nigel Twiston-Davies has his horses in good form at the moment with 4 winners from his last 7 runners. NTD does well at Aintree and STD finds himself banging in plenty of winners with 11 in the last fortnight. This is massively competitive but Kaylif Aramis arrives here in good form with his trainer absolutely flying. Looking at previous winners of the race, this horse seems to fit the bill so I am hopeful of a decent run.

2.00 Aintree – Commissioned 1pt EW @ 14/1 Bet365 The Triumph Hurdle is usually a good pointer in this race but that trend was broken last year with L’Unique skipping Cheltenham in favour of this race having won the Adonis at Kempton. In fact the first 3 home in this race last year all missed Cheltenham with Flaxen Flare in 4th being the best finisher of those that raced at the festival. If that stat were to be followed again this year then plenty of the main contenders in this race would be ruled out such as Calipto, Guitar Pete, Hawk High and Broughton. Activial who won the Adonis at Kempton is rightly vying for favouritism but I am going to take a chance on the horse that finished 2nd in the Adonis, Commissioned. He is trained by John Ferguson and has only had 2 runs over hurdles. He showed plenty of improvement on his 2nd run at Kempton in the first time blinkers to get within a few lengths of Activial. He put in a few sketchy jumps that day and had to be switched or wait for room at certain points in the race but he stayed on well once O’Regan asked him for his effort. If he can cut out any jumping errors, I think we will see an improved performance from him if the ground continues to dry up. All of his flat form came on quick ground so the dryer the better for this son of Authorized. He keeps the blinkers on which is no surprise and would not have to improve too much to get involved here. John Ferguson has his horses in form so I am hopeful of a big run. I think Activial is the main danger but I would underestimate Hawk High who travelled so nicely in the Fred Winter and quickened well after the last. He is another horse that would prefer good ground so connections will be hoping the rain stays away. It will be interesting to see what Calipto can do given how unlucky he was in the Triumph but I think this could be fought out by the 1-2 from the Adonis at Kempton with hopefully Commissioned reversing the form.
Convinced this horse has the making of a good horse. If only he could jump... tricky ride as well!

Convinced this horse has the making of a good horse. If only he could jump... tricky ride as well!
Seems an extremely tricky ride. Travelled as good as anybody and thought he had the race on his mercy, but awkward the way he finished the race. Really unlucky not to get at least some place money.

Seems an extremely tricky ride. Travelled as good as anybody and thought he had the race on his mercy' date=' but awkward the way he finished the race. Really unlucky not to get at least some place money.[/quote'] I thought he was nailed on for a place at least when O'Regan had a look in behind!

Re: CPO's Horse Racing Thread 2.00 Aintree – Josses Hill 3pts win @ 7/4 Bet365 I hate to think how much money I have lost on Mijhaar throughout his career. The horse was so impressive when winning on hurdles debut at Doncaster but bombed out last time having set off at a ridiculous pace on heavy ground. He is a bit of a monkey but if he brings his best form here he would be a massive threat to all. That being said I don’t think I can trust him so I am happy to look elsewhere. Horses from the Supreme have an excellent record in this, which would point to either Josses Hill or Sgt Reckless who weren’t far apart behind Vautour. I think the one to be on is Josses Hill who finished 2nd in the Supreme. Nicky Henderson has taken this race in the last 2 years with Darlan and My Tent or Yours. The 3 horses have very similar credentials coming into this race finishing 2nd in the Supreme but if anything you could say Josses Hill has done the most by finishing 2nd in 2 group 1 races coming here. A 2nd on debut to Faugheen marked this horse down as a potential star even though he was 22 lengths behind. I hold Faugheen in the highest possible regard and all Josses Hill has done since then has improve. His run at Cheltenham was a career best behind another potential superstar in Vautour and with nothing of that calibre in this Josses Hill should prove tough to beat. Nicky Henderson has his horses in very good form and is the top trainer at the track. Barry Geraghty who chose to ride Vaniteux over Josses Hill in the Supreme is on board today, which is a positive. Sgt Reckless was the eye-catcher in the Supreme coming from a mile back to grab 4th. I have my doubts as to whether he can reverse the form with Josses Hill. IMO Sgt Reckless probably benefited from being so far back and not getting involved up front when the pace lifted. He managed to pass a lot of beaten horses flying up the hill but I would still take Josses Hill to uphold the form. AP takes over which is a plus and I do see this one as the main danger. Others that could go well are the likes of Baltimore Rock, Art of Payroll and King of The Picts but I am happy to side with the favourite in the first.

Re: CPO's Horse Racing Thread 3.05 Aintree – Wishful Thinking 2pts win @ 6/1 Bet365 Wishful Thinking is an 11 year old now but he has shown in recent starts that he retails plenty of ability. He was 2nd at the track over 25f back in December to Unioniste and followed that with an excellent win at Cheltenham beating Double Ross. At Cheltenham the 2m trip was against him in the Champion Chase where he finished 5th but he should be well suited stepping back up in trip here. He is a previous CD winner and has also finished 2nd in this race back in 2012 behind Finian’s Rainbow. He goes on any ground and he should go well.

Re: CPO's Horse Racing Thread 3.40 Aintree – Giorgio Quercus 1pt EW @ 25/1 Bet365 As much as I like the chances of Double Ross here, I think he may just have too much weight to carry so I am going to side with one at the bottom end of the weights. Giorgio Quercus carries 10-5 here and is 2lbs lower than he was when very unlucky in the race last year. Last year this horse came into the race on the back of 9th at Cheltenham behind Carrickboy and was still travelling well in behind the pace when brought down by Little Josh at the 4th last. He has returned to action this year with a good win on his return at Kempton in November and solid 6th place in the Byrne Group Plate at the festival. He comes into the race in better form this time around and is better treated so it will be interesting to see how he fares if he can stay upright. This will be his 3rd attempt at the race but he is 16lbs lower than his mark from 2012. Watching the race last year he jumped really well around these fences under David Bass who keeps the ride. Both jockey and trainer are in fine form so maybe Giorgio Quercus can spring a surprise.

Re: CPO's Horse Racing Thread 4.15 Aintree - Seeyouatmidnight 2pts win @ 4/1 Bet365 Impossible to know how good this horse is as he has come straight from point to points and is 3 from 3 with 2 of those efforts coming in very good company. His win at group 2 level last time out was very impressive with some decent yardsticks in behind and there is every chance there could be more to come. He likes to front run which I like and it should take a very big effort form something else to get past him. Don't see him having any problems with the quicker ground.

Re: CPO's Horse Racing Thread Day started well with Josses Hill going in but that was it unfortunately. I actually backed Holywell but didn't put it up in here. Wishful Thinking never travelled and finished well beaten. Giorgio Quercus came down Seeyouatmidnight finished a gallant 3rd. The Henderson horse Beat That looks like quite an animal. Already have a bet on Raz De Maree in the National. Few more bets to come!

Re: CPO's Horse Racing Thread 1.30 Aintree – Volnay De Thaix 2pts win @ 9/1 BetVictor Competitive stuff to start the day with the one I prefer having not ridden at the festival. Volnay De Thaix would have a perfect record since moving over from France had he not bumped into Irving at Ascot. I don’t for one second think Irving gave his running at the festival and he is sill a horse with huge potential. VDT has improved with every run for Nicky Henderson and put up a good performance carrying 11-12 at Newbury on his latest outing in a class 2 handicap. He won decisively and quickened well when asked and that came on similarly good ground. I think the step up in trip is well within his reach. VDT is a 5 year old so there should be much more to come from and 5 years olds have won this race more than any other age group in the last 10 years. Richard Johnson takes over from Barry Geraghty and he is a more than able substitute. Nicky Henderson had a brilliant day today so here’s hoping this one can get him a winner on the board in the first. 3.25 Aintree – Kian’s Delight 1pt EW @ 20/1 Bet365 Peter Bowen has an excellent record at Aintree and his horses always seem to be trained with this meeting in mind. I think he has an interesting contender in this race with Kian’s Delight. The horse is only a 6 year old but is open to improvement given his age. Looking at his pedigree you wouldn’t think he would be a horse that would want this sort of trip but in plenty of his races he has suggested that this sort of trip would suit. Both his runs at listed level last year ended with him staying on at the finish after being outpaced. He finished a good 3rd behind Bouggler at Market Rasen in September but didn’t impress when stepping up to over 3m at Cheltenham. You can’t really say he doesn’t like Cheltenham from just 2 runs but both runs he has had there have been very disappointing. He has probably been put away with this race in mind for some time and he does get in here carrying a very light weight of just 10-1. I believe he can go well at a big price. 5.10 Aintree – Nesterenko 2pts win @ 11/1 BetVictor Nicky Henderson has his horses in fine form at the moment and Nesterenko comes here with a massive chance. He won last time out at Wetherby under Nico de Boinville from a mark of 125. He is only up 3lbs for that win and looks to be improving. He got off the mark at Doncaster at the end of December and followed that with an unlucky run back at that track earlier this year. He probably found heavy ground against him at Cheltenham but still put up a good run to finish 4th behind Lac Fontana who has since franked the form at the festival. He made no mistake at Wetherby despite not jumping that well throughout. He does have to improve a considerable amount to take a hand here but he is certainly in the right hands. He also has the services of a jockey who is probably enjoying his best spell with 5 winners from his last 11 runners. He is at the right end of the weights and will hopefully win.

Re: CPO's Horse Racing Thread 2.45 Market Rasen – Jack Albert 2pts win @ 6/1 Bet365 Jack Albert is really thriving at the moment and connections are clearly trying to strike while the iron is hot by sending him out again for his 3rd run since the 23rd March. His form has taken off since returning to action this season with 3 wins and a 2nd from 5 runs. The only disappointing effort came on soft ground over 23f at Kelso, which won’t have suited the horse. He has shown a clear preference for good ground with all of his recent good form coming on a sound surface. Tomorrow he will get good ground and he also returns to Market Rasen having won here over CD a couple of runs ago. He won very easily that day by 15 lengths but arrives here on an 18lb higher mark. He is 11lbs higher than when winning last time out over this trip at Uttoxeter but that actually came in a better race than this one. That was a 0-120 class 4 event whereas this one is a 0-115. He does have much more weight to carry, which will make life much tougher, but he is in great heart at the moment and hopefully he can get the hat trick. Dianne Sayer does well here operating at a 17% strike rate and also shows a level stakes profit at the track. This is competitive but Jack Albert arrives here in better form than any horse and will take some beating.