** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Cricketing Capers

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricketing Capers 299-6 with 8 overs left, Afridi gone for a lucky 33, but that means that bet 3 is down. -1.5pnts :( bad light or Pakistan playing for the close would be helpful TBH :hope I can win upto & including 124, & if its 116 or 117 then I win twice :D but that would just be lucky in the extreme.

Re: Cricketing Capers WI v Pakistan Pakistan finished 336-6, & the last 2 balls went for 4 each. The bet went to the last over & until the 4s I though 2 Tino Best no-balls were gonna cost me. Bet 4 & 4a: -3.75pnts Good start to this test I dont think :( WI back to 5/1, Pakistan 4/5 & the draw 13/8. Cant help feeling that thats a decent price for the draw TBH, as Pakistan are unlikely to get a big enough total to go for the follow-on barring a collapse....... but dont want to jump ship yet.

Re: Cricketing Capers championship: Bet 1: Kent already won @ 4/9. Essex drew with Derbys. 15pnt double. +6.67pnts profit Bet 2: Durham drew with Worcs. Bet void Bet 3: Sussex drew with Glamorgan. bet void Bet 4: Durham & Sussex double. bet void. Now I actually put a 2pnt 4-fold on but dont appear to have mentioned it in here, so wont count but not worth much anyway. profit on championship week: +6.67pnts England v Bangladesh: F*****g nightmare.....:cry England declared on 447-3, with Bell on 162* & Thorpe on 66* but I am absolutely amazed that they didnt give Thorpe the chance to get a ton on his 100th test....:eek ....& pissed off as well as it means that bet 3: England over 495 1st inns runs is down & -5pnts :\ I mentioned it above that after I had placed the bet I thought that I'd made a mistake after what England did at Lords last week, but I thought that they'd go past 500 TBH......this bet has pissed me off more than any other losing bet for a while TBH because it was avoidable & I should have seen it & realised it wasnt worth the risk. To make matters worse, Bangladesh are 297-8 overnight, which means all the winning margin bets are gone as well....so another -5pnts :\ ....so -10pnts for this test, although granted its not a test that I would bet normally on. I need Harmy to at least cut the deficit but he is losing this innings 3-1, so its 6-6 overall with 2 to fall, & probably Harmy & Hoggy opening in the morning. If Harmy wins I'll pull back 6.5pnts after the tie cover bet, & if its a tie I'll finish +3.25 on the bet, but down on the match. So losing whatever....just the damage to sort :\ WI v Pakistan Pakistan were bowled out for 374, & after a wobbly-ish start, Lara & Sarwan put on a decent stand. Sarwan fell for 55, but Lara's still there over a ton last I looked, 240-odd for 3. If Laras still there overnight it makes a big difference TBH, because they'd be about level by lunch & if hes still in WI would look to bat the day & a lead of 200-ish. Dont think that'll happen, & if Lara is still there in the morning I think WI will get a lead of say 50-75, which makes it interesting as Pakistan obviously need to chase the game to level the series. Current breakdowns: WI win: Liability 24pnts to win 75.5pnts (+35.5) Pakistan win: Liability 40pnts to win 63.13pnts (+39.13) Draw: no cover I am worried about the draw TBH, but both sides can easily collapse & think there will be one low score in the match yet. Pakistan must be thinking along the lines of setting WI around 350 in the last 4 sessions, which makes a WI lead very important....double runs almost

Re: Cricketing Capers WI v Pakistan 275-4 WI, Lara still there on 125*, but crucially Chanderpaul was out at the death. This at least opens an end for Pakistan to exploit tomorrow morning. Hinds etc.can certainly bat but hey......its the West Indies & anything could happen. If no weather interruptions then, if Lara bats until lunch WI will get a lead. If he bats until tea then he will be on 250 & WI a lead of 100. That then makes it very difficult for Pakistan as they would need realistically 450+ to stand a chance of winning. Pakistan need to get into a position of declaring 4 sessions out, any shorter & WI can just bat for the draw, & effectively making WI go for what they set them. So Pakistan certainly need to be batting by tea tomorrow to have a day to score the 400 needed. Thats what makes the first session so important, because if Pakistan are batting after lunch, they will have a level platform to set WI a target, giving them 4 to 5 sessions to score 400-450.

Re: Cricketing Capers Odds tonight: WI 6/4 draw 13/8 Pakistan 2/1 quite happy with my position at the moment.....well, a bit worried about the draw but there you go.... NL sunday Full odds in OS, but: Bet 1: Kent to beat Derbys @ 2/5. 5pnts staked. Derbys have just had a decent showing in the 4-day game v Essex but have still only one victory this season v Leics. Kent look strong to me & I think they'll win comfortably. Also they won on friday giving them a days rest extra. Bet 2; Warwicks to beat Surrey away @ 5/6. 3pnts staked. Surrey have had the better of the 4-day game just played but Warwicks saved it quite comfortably in the end. Surrey havent been doing well in this this season & fancy Warwicks to exploit that. Bet 3: Hants to win @ Lancs @ 6/4. Erm....Ive backed against Hants a few times this season, but I just theyre too big for this. Lancs arent massively convincing but look too small @ 1/2 for this. I just think anybody with Warne, Pietersen & Tremlett are too big at that price. Bet 4: 3 x 1.5pnt doubles & 1.5pnt treble on the above. For the record I also think Leics look good to beat Somerset but Smith & Jayasuriya due a score puts me off TBH

Re: Cricketing Capers England v Bangladesh Hoggard took both this morning to beat Harmy 8-6 :\ so not a good test for me this one. Worth remembering how England have played this. I mentioned before the first test how SA played Zimbabwe recently & declared earlier than normal & how I didnt think England would take that approach....but they did!! I dont understand it personally, its not as if they play too much cricket these days now theyre all on central contracts, & if when were playing the Aussies & Flintoff gets a couple of low scores the 'experts' say that hes not spent enough time in the middle.....who the f**ks faults that then?? Bet 1,1a,1b: Total loss of 5pnts Bet 2 & 2a: Total loss of 9.5pnts Bet 3; loss of 5pnts Total loss: 19.5pnts not a good week so far: NL BH monday: +9.93pnts Championship: +6.67pnts Eng v Ban: -19.5pnts. running total: -2.9pnts with todays NL & WI v Pakistan to come. If thats a draw then.......woweee!!:cry WI v Pakistan: Bet 1c: WI win. 4pnts @ 6/4. 28pnts staked to win 81.5pnts (+39.5) Bet 2b: Pakistan win. 2pnts @ 2/1. 42pnts staked to win 67.13 (+39.13)

Re: Cricketing Capers NL Sunday Bet 1: Kent to beat Derby away @ 2/5. 5pnts. Unbelievable!! Its the age old thing, any doubts that I had because of Derbys apparent signs of finding a spine recently were dispelled by the price & the fact that I think Kent arent a bad side, & their possible weakness in penetration is best disguised in this format......& Derby go & score 304-3 ffs!! Kent were bowled out for 214....say no more....-5pnts Bet 2: Warwicks to beat Surrey away @ 5/6. 3pnts. Warwicks went off like a train, as they do with Neil Carter swinging at the top, & racked up 309-8 with everyone chipping in. Surrey gaveit a go but were bowled out for 260. 3pnts staked. +2.5pnts Bet 3: Hants to win away @ Lancs @ 6/4. Thought Hants were far too big for this TBH, & so it proved as they knocked up 200 & in a good bowling performance bowled Lancs out for 121. 2pnts staked. +3pnts Bet 4: Doubles - 4.5pnts staked. +2.38pnts. 1.5pnt treble down. -1.5pnts Would have been a good day if only the banker had banked :( but profit is profit & today is +1.38pnts

Re: Cricketing Capers WI v Pakistan Was tempted this morning on Lara being first to fall @ 11/10 but bottled it.....& he was indeed first out for 153. Hinds battled on & held the tail together but was last out for 63 with the score 404 & a token lead of 30. WI then bowled all over the place & allowed Pakistan off to a flyer, Inzi finishing the day unbeaten on 62 with Afridi on 16, the score 223-4 & a Pakistan lead of 190. Pakistan I feel will want a minimum lead of 350 to fancy their chances, but the trick is to declare early enough to force WI to go for the win & not just bat out the final day. Pakistan will be 300 ahead by lunch & if still batting will probably have made a mad dash to 425-450 clear by tea, then i think they will declare, leaving themselves 4 full sessions to bowl WI out & level the series. 418 is the record 4th innings highest chase, held by the WI themselves v Australia a few years ago, & psychologically Pakistan will feel it is very important that they get past that as it puts more doubt into the WI's minds. Personally I think Pakistan will be bowled out in the afternoon setting WI around 350-375, & that would probably suit Inzi as it saves him the tricky problem of timing the declaration, & leaves them plenty of time to bowl WI out, whilst forcing their hand in the run chase. The odds from Stan james tonight: WI 9/4 draw 3/1 pakistan 4/5 I must admit that with 74pnts staked, I'm tempted in laying off with the draw @ 3/1, but whilst just covering it would still leave me 19pnts profit on a WI win, it would leave only 7pnts profit on Pakistan, so I'll probably sit tight, but if it crept up to 4/1 I would seriously consider it TBH. All this depends on 2 unknown & unpredictable quantities....the weather & one Brian Lara!! Although the feeling persists that Lara has scored 153 already in this test....its a lot to ask again....

Re: Cricketing Capers that was bet 5 & 5a above .....& bet 5 won :D so +4pnts on the bet minus the cover. Pakistan started ferociously with Afridi giving it plenty, but after he went nobody really gave Inzi any support, Pakistan were all out for 309, leaving WI 280 to win. the bookies made them favourites at this stage, I got home 5 minutes after they went off for bad light just before tea & the draw was 16/1 :eek & I would have bitten their hand off :( as a cover bet at that price. WI had started tentatively & lost the crucial wicket of Gayle before the interruption @ 38/1, needing 242 more. WI 8/11 Pakistan 11/10 at that point. A short while ago they came back out & immediately lost Sarwan & then Lara :eek Now I'd said in OS that I felt Lara had to contribute for WI to get this on a 5th day pitch & hes blobbed, & of the recognisably key wickets, only Chanderpaul remains as Sarwan & Gayle are also out. For WI to triumph here someone has to stand up alongside Chanderpaul, & you feel Shiv has to get at least 75 to get close. ive checked the stats & the highest 4th innings successful chase is 212-3 for WI v SL 2003, so this is a big ask. 56-3 then....& maybe no more until tomorrow, but if a full days play there will be a result. Devon Smith looked pretty cool on 31*....maybe hes the man??

Re: Cricketing Capers Theyre counter-attacking now, Hinds is giving it the welly which is why I had him next wicket. 80-4 off 26ovs. The odds are going all over the place, WI went out to 8/1 & are now back into 9/2. Pakistan 2/9 & the draw 8/1 If the draw hits double figure I'm covering with it...I dont care, when it rains out there, it f*****g rains!!

Re: Cricketing Capers Dont think theres much left today Dave, 94-5 now, smith gone so your man Browne must be next or one after. Theres 25 overs left theoretically but were nearly an hour over now so cant see much more......WI & draw both 10/1, pakistan 1/12

Re: Cricketing Capers bet 6: Smith was out. -3pnts Draw @ 10/1....hmmmm. obviously only rain can make it so & if it was WI in the box seat I'd definetly do it but I'm not as deep with them & winning more profit on them....do I dilute the Paki profit (sorry, not very PC :( ) Somebody better win, this is my Worcester betting money :o

Re: Cricketing Capers Youre having a laugh :lol forecast I saw was thundershowers :( but that was the same as today & yesterday & certainly half a days play will produce a result either way, possibly just an hour for a Pakistan win. Must be Pakistan surely.....Ive layed the draw so i'm happy, but I dont think I'd be backing them @ 1/50 though :( 114-6 then, taking for granted thats it for the night. "If Lara doesnt contribute I fear for WI here...." ;)