** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

World Cup Q Europe 30.03

Wednesday 30 March 2005
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifAndorra v Czech Republic (15:50 BST)75.009.001.06sp.gif103%
sp.gifEstonia v Russia (16:00 BST)6.003.551.68sp.gif105%
sp.gifCroatia v Malta (17:00 BST)1.059.5080.00sp.gif103%
sp.gifLatvia v Luxembourg (17:00 BST)1.089.0060.00sp.gif105%
sp.gifUkraine v Denmark (17:15 BST)2.283.403.75sp.gif100%
sp.gifGeorgia v Turkey (17:30 BST)4.503.352.00sp.gif103%
sp.gifSlovakia v Portugal (18:00 BST)4.333.352.00sp.gif103%
sp.gifMoldova v Norway (18:45 BST)6.203.501.66sp.gif105%
sp.gifBosnia & Herzegovina v Lithuania (19:00 BST)1.753.756.40sp.gif100%
sp.gifMacedonia v Romania (19:00 BST)5.103.501.73sp.gif106%
sp.gifPoland v Northern Ireland (19:00 BST)1.226.8028.00sp.gif101%
sp.gif>Slovenia v Belarus (19:15 BST)1.733.505.00sp.gif107%
sp.gif (19:30 BST)1.833.904.80sp.gif102%
sp.gif>Greece v Albania (19:30 BST)1.256.2014.50sp.gif104%
sp.gif (19:30 BST)1.069.0070.00sp.gif103%
sp.gif (19:30 BST)60.009.001.06sp.gif104%
sp.gif (19:30 BST)1.226.6017.00sp.gif104%
sp.gif (19:45 BST)1.0429.0081.00sp.gif101%
sp.gif>Hungary v Bulgaria (19:45 BST)2.443.253.00sp.gif106%
sp.gif (19:50 BST)6.603.601.73sp.gif101%
sp.gif (20:00 BST)3.353.352.30sp.gif104%

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: World Cup Q Europe 30.03 After dropping 2 points against Switzland, France really do need to get 3 points against Israel on Wednesday and I believe they will. Israel are a reasonable side, but surely France, booed off by their home fans on Saturday must be motivated to do the job and at 4/6 it aint a bad price..

Re: World Cup Q Europe 30.03 Out of the short price matches surely the best value is with Poland. After the way the two sides performed at the weekend Id have expected this to be priced similiar to the other ridiculously priced games. Dont see this being any bigger risk than England or Holland for example yet the price is miles better.

Re: World Cup Q Europe 30.03

Belarus @5.0 catches my eye. they are underestimated against Slovenia. we played Belarus recently and got beaten deservedly 1-3 at home. fair enough. it was a friendly where Poland did not look interested in the game, but still Belarus are more then capable to cause another upset. they played twice away, drew in Norway 1-1 and lost 3-4 in Italy. surely they deserve more credit, hence pricing them @5 is a bit too much tbh. ita.gif Italy 5 4 0 1 9 5 12
nor.gif Norway4211637
svn.gif Slovenia4211437
blr.gif Belarus3111854
sco.gif Scotland4022142
mda.gif Moldova4013191

Re: World Cup Q Europe 30.03 Gotta agree with the France backer here, I`ve just done a large bet on the Frenchies . I just watched a repeat of their game against Switzerland from saturday and they totally dominated the game. It was a combination of Sendoros (switzerland central defender) and Trezeguet being off form that stopped France romping home. If the French had of scored on saturday I know the floodgates would have opened and would have got 3 or 4 goals.This pitch will suit france and should france take an early chance they will punish Israel and their home support, just like Ireland made them quiet on Saturday. Also, there is a lot of pressure on France when they play in Paris, so, in my opinion they will be more comfortable playing away (thats my humble opinion on France playing at home,) France @ 8/13 for me

Belarus @5.0 catches my eye. they are underestimated against Slovenia.
I was actually going to tip Slovenia to win this for my Snyena system, but in the end went for Bosnia & Herzegovina instead. I know 5.0 looks tasty, but what use is it if Belarus don't win? I might be wrong of course, but such is my gut feeling and it seldom lets me down, so I thought I'd post this. :)

Just thinking aloud about Slovakia & Estonia' date=' would only touch them as at home, obviously, but wouldnt rule them out. Maybe a two-way double...........maybe not as well, 2 days to think about it.[/quote'] Here are my opinions mate, for what they're worth. I watched Estonia v Slovakia and for the first time during this qualifying campaign I wasn't too impressed with the Slovak game. Perhaps they dropped their level of football to match that of Estonia, who were no world beaters either. Russia have been very poor too and the Estonians treat the Russians as a big rival and they will be fired up for the occassion. This is not a game I'd dare to bet on. As for Slovakia v Portugal, it all depends on what kind of performances both teams put in. I might put a small stake on Portugal. That way I can cheer for Slovakia but be happy even if Portugal win. :)

Belarus @5.0 catches my eye. they are underestimated against Slovenia. we played Belarus recently and got beaten deservedly 1-3 at home. fair enough. it was a friendly where Poland did not look interested in the game, but still Belarus are more then capable to cause another upset. they played twice away, drew in Norway 1-1 and lost 3-4 in Italy. surely they deserve more credit, hence pricing them @5 is a bit too much tbh.
Absolutely correct Marek - it is the standout for me also. Will obviuosly need to look into it more but i can at the very least expect to have a wager on this with cover on the draw - maybe another for the handicaps, eh marek??!! lol looks promising though.

Serbia & Montenegro v Spain Serbia & Montenegro(3-5-2): Jevric(Ankaraspor) – Gavrancic(Dynamo Kiev), Krstajic(Schalke 04), Vidic(Spartak Moscow) – Koroman(KS Samara), Mladenovic(Real Sociedad), Djordjevic(Olympiakos), Stankovic(Inter Milan), Dragutinovic(Standard Liege) – Kezman(Chelsea), Jestrovic(Anderlecht) or Milosevic(Osasuna) Playmaker Zvonimir Vukic(Shakhtar) is suspended, while right-back Milivoje Cirkovic(Partizan) is ruled out through injury.Some U21 players are included in the squad: left winger Simon Vukcevic(Partizan), attacking full-back(right) Dusan Basta(Red Star) and forward Mirko Vucinic(Lecce).Players like Ljuboja(PSG), Stefanovic(Portsmouth), Kovacevic(Real Sociedad), Mihajlovic(Inter Milan),...,are not included in the S&M squad. Spain(4-4-1-1): Casillas(Real Madrid) - ???, Puyol(Barcelona), ???, ??? – Joaquin(Betis), Albelda(Valencia), Xavi(Barcelona), Luque(Deportivo) – Raul(Real Madrid) or Valeron(Deportivo) – Torres(Atl.Madrid) Spain have a lot of problems at the back(just in the last few days, two defenders – Marchena and Navarro – had to withdraw from the Spain squad) and it’s hard to say how that will look like on Wednesday night.According to some sources, Puyol could start the game as a right-back.Baraja(Valencia), Vicente(Valencia), Morientes(Liverpool), Salgado(Real Madrid), Carlos Marchena(Valencia), Ivan Helguera(Real Madrid), David Navarro(Valencia),…,are all going to miss the game. Serbia & Montenegro(3.60) is overpriced IMO.Spain played some poor football so far, especially away from home and they surely won't have too many nice moments in Belgrade.

Re: World Cup Q Europe 30.03 re: England game. I don't see a goal glut myself. Are there any handicap markets as I fancy a 3 or 4 goal win for England? England don't normally hammer the weaker nations - Lietchestein 2-0 at home, Macedonia 2-2 at home, Azerbaijan 1-0 away all spring to mind

Re: World Cup Q Europe 30.03 Hi to all, I've just watched the England v NI game 2day for the first time, i'm in Narita Japan. I couldn't help but notice how many corners were aimed at John Terry, especially early on. Surely JT has got to be worth a bet to score first or even at any time, whats the odds? Kingyd

Re: World Cup Q Europe 30.03 Very nice odds for Bulgaria to win in Budapest. Normally Bulgaria is much better than Hungary and now Bulgarians really must win to keep their chances for World Cup 2006. So huge motivation for the guests. Martin Petrov and Stan Petrov return from suspensions and should be hungry for goals. And Bulgaria wasn't that bad against Sweden on Saturday as we held on until the red card. We also had more shots on goal than Sweden. Hungarian coach Mattheus is playing mind games - praising the Bulgarian teams, moaning about the poor fitness of Hungary - and he already sent some players home. Some quotes from the thread about the weekend matches: JoroBoro (he's Bulgarian): "Lollll BaW have mistake again. World Cup - Qualification, Europe, World, Wednesday, March 30, 2005 Hungary - Bulgaria 2.2/3.1/3 Are they crazy. We will be with full squad, and we are much better team than Hugary.I think that the odds will drop soon." ecobika (he's banned but he's Hungarian): "Bulgaria will play against those Hungarian team next, with which such a legend could not make any progress, than Lothar Matthäus, as boss of Nationalelf. So Bulgaria can count the 3 points against Hungary in advance, I am afraid." I will take away win - confidence 8/10.

Re: World Cup Q Europe 30.03 havin a look thru these favourites look what i'd call bankers..its an idea to get your head round til wednesday anyway Czech Republic 1/33 Croatia 1/50 Poland 1/5 Holland 1/20 Belgium 1/20 Switzerland 1/5 England 1/25 Acummulator @ odds of 1.74 i believe on Bet365 cheked the same accie on laddies and itd pay 1.34..they have covered their tight arses really cant see any of them mucking up but will look further into it

Re: World Cup Q Europe 30.03 I know it's going against what CluelessG has already said but what catches my eye is the 2.7 available on Hungary to beat Bulgaria. Ladbrokes are quoting evens and Betbrain says the average is 2.32. That's where my money's going (along with France to beat Israel).:ok

Re: World Cup Q Europe 30.03 Hello everyone, Nobodys mentioned Ukraine - surely must be a big fancy to beat Denmark.Ukraine havnt lost yet in qualification and only conceded three in six games,SHEVCHENKO is missing but four other players have contributed to Ukraines eleven goal tally this campaign. Too strong for Denmark! Anyone agree? :ok

Re: World Cup Q Europe 30.03 I read that the Ukranian side may have ben affetced by flu. Something puts me off the French. Odds just that litle bit too skinny and I read that Israel are unbeaten at home since being allowed to play in their own country. Draws with the Swiss and Israel already at home suggests to me this is one to leave alone. Quite fancy Turkey though. Evens on Ladbrokes coupons

Re: World Cup Q Europe 30.03 Interwetten priced up Slovenia @1.45...:eek with Belarus @5.4...:eek similar odds on Belarus were @Pinnacle in the early afternoon, already slashed to 4.6. but boys @Interwetten must be having a long siesta. they also do Belarus +1 AH , but in case of 1 goal defeat (in any case of a draw in AH) they rip you off of 10% of your stake. jokes on them... but still Belarus X2 (or Euro Handi 0-1) @2.4 , odds better then @Betfair :clap

Re: World Cup Q Europe 30.03 @Corky7 On paper there shouldn't be much of a difference between Ukraine and Denmark. However, if you look at the previous results in this group, I agree that the hosts could very well win this encounter, although I'd say that they are by no means overpriced. So far we, Denmark, have won just two of our games. In both cases it was against so-called "inferior" opposition, Albania and Kazakhstan. We deservedly lost in Greece and could only manage a somewhat fortunate draw at home against Turkey. We also drew against Ukraine in the first game, although we should've beaten them back then. What could personally make me go for Ukraine is the fact that our defense sometimes lack consentration, especially at set pieces. Our manager Morten Olsen has openly expressed doubts as to whether our back four will be up for it tonight. In our last game, at home against Kazakhstan, the away team created 4 relatively big chances against us, of which one shot hit the post. We normally don't give away that much, especially not against sides like Kazakstan. So, I agree that there could be value in the home win. Personally it's a no bet for me as I never bet against my own team. As regards the rumours of the Ukrainian squad having been affected by flu, I haven't heard that before and I don't believe there's much truth in that. I wouldn't even be surprised if Shevchenko is playing tonight.

Re: World Cup Q Europe 30.03 Israel V France I am very tempted to lay France at the price on offer. I have never backed a team yet because they "must win" which seems to be the only reason most have put forward for a French victory. Teams who must win generally don't or at least their chances are not enhanced because of such pressures unless the opposition have nothing to play for. I did not get the opportunity to see either the Israel/Ireland or France/Switzerland games Unless someone can tell me that Israel were particularly lucky to get a draw or France were unfortunate not to win their last matches then @ 1.69 seems like a good price to lay France at

Israel V France Unless someone can tell me that Israel were particularly lucky to get a draw or France were unfortunate not to win their last matches then @ 1.69 seems like a good price to lay France at
I watched the Israel / Ireland game and Ireland absolutely wiped the floor with Israel. Ireland had 72% of the ball in total and looked comfortable for the very large part of the game. Israel are a very poor side who have been more than lucky to date. I am going to back France, not because they have to win, but because they are a far superior side to that of Israel. OK so France have not yet got it together despite having a number of world-class individual players, but IMO if France turn out an average performance they will still beat Israel comfortably. Oh and one more reason, Clinton Morrison was playing up front for Ireland who was absolutely dreadful now the Idrael defenders have to try and contain Henry. No cahnce! I shall be backing France big at 4/6.

Re: World Cup Q Europe 30.03 I'm almost convinced by the France hype, but I can't help remembering the stories about disharmony in the camp which is never a good sign. I didn't see the Bulgaria v Sweden game but I read the Sporting life write up on their website and it seems that the match hinged on the red card. With their squad nearer to full strength, I think that they would be worth a punt on the handicap - did I see 4/5 for -1? Particularly as, imo, Sweden are one of the strongest sides in Euroep at the moment. England look good value at 4/5 with -3 start also, but you know how frustrating those sort of bets can turn out!

Re: World Cup Q Europe 30.03 Hi !It is I Red Label agian. Yes ,that homeless fella. Thanks to kind ppl for words of sympathy and support . Let`s talk `bout tonights Serbia game. Here is my opinion: Well Serbia has a team after many years. A fine blend of players that can and actually like to play with each other.Vukic`s missing is a great blow, `cos he is our best playmaker, and man who was a creator of victory in Belgium. Beside that ,we still have solid and determined squad who will give a maximum of it`s strength and ability sure . Atmosphere here in Serbia is making more and more hot every day ,from all levels.Everyone is talking about game about our ability to win it,and i`m sure that atmosphere at red star`s stadium packed with 50 000 home crowd will be flammiable and tough to play for our guests tonight. On the other side ,we have Spain ,as someone said The Champions of Qualifications.Yes, they play rather miserable on main events, but in the qualifications they gave their best.Aragones has started to make a change of generations ,he is very good and experienced coach, and will have some suprise for tonight for sure. Spain has very good squad ,and IMO they must not be underestimated as our media is doing in past few days , becouse they`re capble of winning even here in Belgrade. They already have two draws ,and with loss here they can kiss goodbuy direct qualifications and first place in the group. So they`ll play cautiosly, on a draw IMO. I can`t see Petkovic (our trainer) unhappy with a draw either. Becouse of atmosphere and crowd our players will stirve to win for sure ,but if spain manage to hold on our guys for some 30 mins, or first half, i can see our ``blues`` to take it more catious in the second. We don`t want to risk any counter attack goal, and home loss that is sure. So to cut the chat, I`m playing very confidiently UNDER 2.5 on this game @1.7 (local) on reasonably high stakes. If you are chasing the final outcome, I think it`ll be probably a DRAW.@ 3.00 If you thik that there won`t be draw and want to pick a winner,then Serbia & Mont. is closer to win imo. So ,for those less courageus laying Spain @ 1.45 looks very tempting. My pick UNDER 2.5 @1.7 confidence 8.5/10 - high stakes. GL!