Chelsea v West Ham > Wednesday January 29th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Chelsea v West Ham (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.24[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]17[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Chelsea v West Ham > Wednesday January 29th Going by Mourinho's recent musings in the press conferences, he will probably be telling his players: "The best team. The team that is favourite for the title. The team that smash everybody 4 5 6 nil. The team who is one more points than us. The team who everybody talk about. That team beat this team 6-0. How much do YOU want to beat this team by? Be champions!" Jose_2080410c.jpg But on a serious note Chelsea somehow only beat Stoke 1-0 after absolutely peppering them at stages throughout the game. All that is needed here is for that performance to be reproduced for a big home win to materialise imho. And maybe also bring the subs on a bit earlier Jose so they have time to impact the match.

Re: Chelsea v West Ham > Wednesday January 29th I am really interested to see the outcome of this CHelsea / West Ham game. I think West Ham will get much better for the last 15 games of this season. They now have Carrol back from injury, and can add Carlton Cole to the attack. New import Nocerino from AC Milan is a more than decent player. It will give them a little more midfield creativity, and with Carrol and Cole they will definitely have a strong set-piece aerial threat. Chelsea for me , just don't play the beautiful game under Mourinho. OK, they get the results, and they are methodical. But it is not a thing of beauty. They don't fill their boots when they have a chance. I think they will win this game, but not with any real style, flair and pomp. I am leaning towards the ASIAN +2 on West Ham, but my feeling is that CHelsea will win this game in a dull canter 2-0. Looking for some inspiration here. A top bet for a hugely profitable week. Not sure what it is ....

Re: Chelsea v West Ham > Wednesday January 29th Yeah well the beautiful game was symbolised by Mata imo. He is trying to emulate his Real Madrid side I think. He wants players who run like horses and 3 men behind the striker who can counter like lighting. You can draw several parallels between CR7, Di Maria, Ozil and Hazard, Willian, Oscar.

Re: Chelsea v West Ham > Wednesday January 29th

Hazard, Willian and Oscar have more pace than Mata and work harder defensively than him also.
Say's Jose Mourinho ! Mourinho may have settled down but he has an ego the size of a small country. Did he want to get rid of him because he was AVB's signing ? Did he want to use him as a pawn to make space for someone else ? Kevin de Bryne gave Jose the index finger. He basically stated that he needed to play, especially in word cup year. His attitude was 'play me or I am off' and I commend him for this. :clap No bench warming for him. Mata's conducted himself with total class at Chelsea. :notworthy This is not some upstart wannabee. He won a world cup at 21/22 years of age , and was put in a horrible position by Mourinho. Not playing, and not having the managers confidence is a terrible thing for a player. Mourinho kind of deflected attention from the bizarre way Chelsea were playing at one stage (should have lost at home to WBA, lost to Newcastle and Stoke) in that period, by focusing attention on Mata. He is a devious man ... Back to the game. I am not happy with the ASIAN +2 on West Ham. I think Chelsea could win this by 2. I like Cole and Carroll upfront for West Ham, and Nocerino is quality. Chelsea have not been great defensively this season, going BTTS in 7 of their last 8 home games. West Ham have scored in their last 4 away , so why not tonight as well. BTTS for me at nice odds of 2.1 for a standard 2 unit bet I think Chelsea win this 3-1

Re: Chelsea v West Ham > Wednesday January 29th No bet game, or small stakes on Under 3.25 goals. I hate betting on this lazy team, just walking on the pitch. I have always hated Mou's systems (since his Inter days). For West Ham, the new transfer will not change much, especially Borriello. I wish patience for West Ham fans by watching Borriello ruining chances of scoring. Nocerini has been in a bad shape, but he's still a hard-worker midfielder and can add some dynamism to WHU midfield. Probably Chelsea will try to get all three points with spending less effort as they always been doing it. 2-0 is a very likely outcome. Hopefully Manchester City will give Mou a football lesson next round!

Re: Chelsea v West Ham > Wednesday January 29th Chelsea should win this by around 2 goals. With the recent addition of Matic as a holding midfielder, they've obviously decided they need to tighten things up defensively, and have looked strong in the last few games. West Ham will surely have a go - they've got nothing to lose. It's a London derby, but West Ham have a poor recent record at Chelsea and it would be a big surprise if they got anything from the game. I can see some value backing West Ham on the corner handicap. Simple soccer stats' website shows that this season Chelsea at home have an average corner handicap of +2.4, and West Ham away have an average corner handicap of -2.5. The average of these two averages is Chelsea +2.45 (or West Ham -2.45). In other words, you could calculate that Chelsea will get 2.45 more corners than West Ham. So a fair 'corner handicap' would be Chelsea -2.45 or West Ham +2.45. You could argue that as the numbers from simple soccer stats are averages, the figure might be greater for Chelsea v West Ham as it is a top v bottom clash. I've looked through both sides results and corner stats, and there doesn't seem to be a marked difference according to the quality of the opposition. So I think Bet365's offer of West Ham +4.5 corners for 1.775 is worth taking. I think a Chelsea win is easily the most likely result, and you could then imagine West Ham pressing forwards and winning some corners while they try to chase the game. West Ham +4.5 corners 1.775 Bet365

Chelsea should win this by around 2 goals. With the recent addition of Matic as a holding midfielder, they've obviously decided they need to tighten things up defensively, and have looked strong in the last few games. West Ham will surely have a go - they've got nothing to lose. It's a London derby, but West Ham have a poor recent record at Chelsea and it would be a big surprise if they got anything from the game. I can see some value backing West Ham on the corner handicap. Simple soccer stats' website shows that this season Chelsea at home have an average corner handicap of +2.4, and West Ham away have an average corner handicap of -2.5. The average of these two averages is Chelsea +2.45 (or West Ham -2.45). In other words, you could calculate that Chelsea will get 2.45 more corners than West Ham. So a fair 'corner handicap' would be Chelsea -2.45 or West Ham +2.45. You could argue that as the numbers from simple soccer stats are averages, the figure might be greater for Chelsea v West Ham as it is a top v bottom clash. I've looked through both sides results and corner stats, and there doesn't seem to be a marked difference according to the quality of the opposition. So I think Bet365's offer of West Ham +4.5 corners for 1.775 is worth taking. I think a Chelsea win is easily the most likely result, and you could then imagine West Ham pressing forwards and winning some corners while they try to chase the game. West Ham +4.5 corners 1.775 Bet365
I could be wrong but I can't see West Ham having a go at anything and I think that although Chelsea should win, their price of 1.18 is horrible. They're such a short price if I could get a decent one on West Ham + 2.5 that would be my bet tonight. West Ham are really poor away from home but one things for certain, under Sam Allardyce they will be tough to play against and with men returning they'll regain some form sooner rather than later. They can finally get two central defenders playing together and have made a couple of decent midfield signings + the return of Andy Carroll is like a new signing.

Chelsea should win this by around 2 goals. With the recent addition of Matic as a holding midfielder, they've obviously decided they need to tighten things up defensively, and have looked strong in the last few games. West Ham will surely have a go - they've got nothing to lose. It's a London derby, but West Ham have a poor recent record at Chelsea and it would be a big surprise if they got anything from the game. I can see some value backing West Ham on the corner handicap. Simple soccer stats' website shows that this season Chelsea at home have an average corner handicap of +2.4, and West Ham away have an average corner handicap of -2.5. The average of these two averages is Chelsea +2.45 (or West Ham -2.45). In other words, you could calculate that Chelsea will get 2.45 more corners than West Ham. So a fair 'corner handicap' would be Chelsea -2.45 or West Ham +2.45. You could argue that as the numbers from simple soccer stats are averages, the figure might be greater for Chelsea v West Ham as it is a top v bottom clash. I've looked through both sides results and corner stats, and there doesn't seem to be a marked difference according to the quality of the opposition. So I think Bet365's offer of West Ham +4.5 corners for 1.775 is worth taking. I think a Chelsea win is easily the most likely result, and you could then imagine West Ham pressing forwards and winning some corners while they try to chase the game. West Ham +4.5 corners 1.775 Bet365
Final score: 0-0 Final corner count: 13-3 Bet lost comprehensively I heard the commentary on the radio (BBC London) and it sounded like nearly all Chelsea attacking with West Ham just managing to defend well enough, and only occasionally threatening themselves. It's unusual for Chelsea to get as many home corners or West Ham to concede as many, and I'm sure the 0-0 result swayed the corner count - Chelsea just kept attacking, pressing, and winning corners in an effort to force pressure on the West Ham goal. So this wasn't necessarily as bad a bet as it might appear :)

Re: Chelsea v West Ham > Wednesday January 29th [TABLE=width: 580] [TR] [TD] [/TD] [TD=align: center] [TABLE=width: 230] [TR] [TD=class: chartbar background, colspan: 3, align: right] [/TD] [TD=class: chartbar background, colspan: 3, align: left] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: legend left value]13[/TD] [TD=class: legend title, colspan: 4, align: center]CORNERS[/TD] [TD=class: legend right value] 3[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: chartbar background, colspan: 3, align: right] [/TD] [TD=class: chartbar background, colspan: 3, align: left] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: legend left value]8[/TD] [TD=class: legend title, colspan: 4, align: center]SHOTS ON TARGET[/TD] [TD=class: legend right value] 1[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: chartbar background, colspan: 3, align: right] [/TD] [TD=class: chartbar background, colspan: 3, align: left] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: legend left value]14[/TD] [TD=class: legend title, colspan: 4, align: center]SHOTS WIDE[/TD] [TD=class: legend right value] 0[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: chartbar background, colspan: 3, align: right] [/TD] [TD=class: chartbar background, colspan: 3, align: left] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: legend left value]12[/TD] [TD=class: legend title, colspan: 4, align: center]FOULS[/TD] [TD=class: legend right value] 12[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: chartbar background, colspan: 3, align: right] [/TD] [TD=class: chartbar background, colspan: 3, align: left] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: legend left value]3[/TD] [TD=class: legend title, colspan: 4, align: center]OFFSIDES[/TD] [TD=class: legend right value] 1[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] wAAACH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw== [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] parking-the-bus-21.jpgjose-mourinho_1121831c.jpg

Re: Chelsea v West Ham > Wednesday January 29th Hilarious to hear Mourinho complaining about 19th century football from West Ham . Must have been the DARK AGES when Chelsea went to United earlier this season :rollin ROTFL

Hilarious to hear Mourinho complaining about 19th century football from West Ham . Must have been the DARK AGES when Chelsea went to United earlier this season :rollin ROTFL
Its as if he's forgotten his previous stint in charge as he said the same thing then too... Not like he didn't do the same at Inter when faced with Barcelona!

Re: Chelsea v West Ham > Wednesday January 29th I couldn't believe West Ham stood up to the second half battering they took, the difference between them and Man City on an attacking front is quite marked, there is no way City would have struggled to break down the Hammers last night. I love Mourinho but his argument last night was bol*ocks, I'm sure if you gave Allardyce the £175m Chelsea's starting line up cost last night I'm sure they would have set up differently! Fact is the sides down the bottom have to try and snatch points however they can. Be interesting to see how much '19th Century football' will be played at the Etihad on Monday night, assuming we will see lot's of flowing attacking play from Chelsea given his comments? Fat chance.

Re: Chelsea v West Ham > Wednesday January 29th Yip, it is a results business afterall. Look at Tony Pulis for Palace, has done an amazing job, will probably get manager of the year if he keeps Palace up. Nobody will remember how brave they were under Holloway when they went out playing entertaining football every week getting trounced 4-0. Playing good football gets you nowhere when you are in the bottom half of the table, all about results so credit to West Ham for frustrating Chelsea the way they did.