** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

New Zealand vs India ODI series

New Zealand take on India in a series of 5 ODIs this month followed by 2 tests which should be a cracker and produce some good betting opportunities. All matches will be shown live in the UK on Sky Sports 3. Sun Jan 19 (50 ovs) 01:00 GMT | 14:00 local 1st ODI - New Zealand v India McLean Park, Napier 15 - 27° C Wed Jan 22 (50 ovs) 01:00 GMT | 14:00 local 2nd ODI - New Zealand v India Seddon Park, Hamilton 16 - 21° C Sat Jan 25 (50 ovs) 01:00 GMT | 14:00 local 3rd ODI - New Zealand v India Eden Park, Auckland N/A Tue Jan 28 (50 ovs) 01:00 GMT | 14:00 local 4th ODI - New Zealand v India Seddon Park, Hamilton N/A Fri Jan 31 (50 ovs) 01:00 GMT | 14:00 local 5th ODI - New Zealand v India Westpac Stadium, Wellington N/A

Re: New Zealand vs India ODI series Series preview: 3pts India to win series 4-1 13/5 Unibet I expect this to be a high scoring series between two sides with pretty long and very powerful batting line ups on what are postage stamp sized grounds but that is likely to play into India’s hands. They are well rehearsed in winning high scoring matches and I expect them to win the series. There’s no massive value in them at 2/5 but a better bet could be chancing them to win 4-1. Their batsmen should dominate the series but New Zealand have enough pride and batting of their own to nick one along the way. I don’t see it being any closer than that. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zealand-vs-india-odi-series-betting-india-capable-of-largely-dominating-in-new-zealand

Re: New Zealand vs India ODI series Top India series bat preview: 3pts V.Kohli Top India Series Batsman 11/4 William Hill It is fairly original but I like Virat Kohli here. For me he is the best batsman in the world in this format of the game and he does it in India and away from India to equal effect. He can play shots all around the wicket and plays seam and spin equally as effectively and unlike some of his colleagues he has no problem playing the short ball either. Even at 11/4 I think there’s enough value in Kohli showing why he is such a class act in this series. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zealand-vs-india-odi-series-betting-virat-kohli-can-continue-his-good-form-in-new-zealand

Re: New Zealand vs India ODI series 1st ODI preview: 4pts Over 10.5 sixes 5/6 William Hill This isn’t a game to bet on the match result in advance in. I say that because the ground is near on impossible to defend so there is a big advantage batting second. One thing I expect to be a theme right throughout the series is plenty of sixes to be hit. We’ve seen in recent series involving India that their attack can go around the park but their batting line up goes over the top a lot more these days so a 10.5 sixes line doesn’t look nearly enough on a ground where New Zealand and England provided 17 sixes a few years ago. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zealand-vs-india-1st-odi-betting-sixes-can-flow-in-opening-game-in-napier

Re: New Zealand vs India ODI series

Top India series bat preview: 3pts V.Kohli Top India Series Batsman 11/4 William Hill It is fairly original but I like Virat Kohli here. For me he is the best batsman in the world in this format of the game and he does it in India and away from India to equal effect. He can play shots all around the wicket and plays seam and spin equally as effectively and unlike some of his colleagues he has no problem playing the short ball either. Even at 11/4 I think there’s enough value in Kohli showing why he is such a class act in this series. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zealand-vs-india-odi-series-betting-virat-kohli-can-continue-his-good-form-in-new-zealand
Very nice start there Kev :)

Re: New Zealand vs India ODI series Please Kev, where are you finding info about the ground sizes and dimensions? The boundary ropes are also quite often brought in or out a few metres. I think this series with India coming so soon after the Windies's tour can only be a good thing-it's good for looking back on. I am going to have a go "in-play" on total inings runs too

Re: New Zealand vs India ODI series

Very nice start there Kev :)
Very nice early lead! Handy if any rain comes in later in the series.
Please Kev' date=' where are you finding info about the ground sizes and dimensions? The boundary ropes are also quite often brought in or out a few metres. I think this series with India coming so soon after the Windies's tour can only be a good thing-it's good for looking back on. I am going to have a go "in-play" on total inings runs too[/quote'] I don't know of anywhere in terms of a website with them. Someone else might know of one? I just use knowledge of either having been to the grounds myself or having watched plenty of games there in various competitions.

Re: New Zealand vs India ODI series 2nd ODI preview: 4pts C.Anderson's Performance Pts - 41&Over 5/6 Bet365 New Zealand’s win in the first ODI was built on the all round performance of Corey Anderson. The big hitting left hander hit some massive balls on his way to a very solid unbeaten 68 and then he took two wickets and I see no reason why he won’t have a good game here too. This ground certainly isn’t big enough to contain his power with the bat while his cutters could be useful with the ball. For a guy who bats at six and bowls 10 overs a line of 41 should be well within his reach once again. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zealand-vs-india-2nd-odi-betting-corey-anderson-can-shine-in-hamilton

Re: New Zealand vs India ODI series 3rd ODI preview: 4pts New Zealand Most 6s Evs Stan James New Zealand have hit the most sixes in both matches in the series so far and I see no reason why they won’t do so for a third time here. They have a game plan which involves being three down after 30 overs to give themselves a platform to launch and it works well. One of the reason why it works well is Kane Williamson is playing well to allow Guptill, Ryder and Taylor to express themselves so the run rate is high when the ‘sloggers’ come in. India’s batsmen – the class of Kohli and Dhoni apart – don’t like the short ball and that’s working well for New Zealand. Expect them to hit the most sixes here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zealand-vs-india-3rd-odi-betting-new-zealand-can-continue-to-hit-the-most-sixes-in-auckland

Re: New Zealand vs India ODI series 4th ODI preview: 5pts Over 11.5 sixes 5/6 Stan James One thing we’ve seen throughout this series is plenty of sixes and back on this tiny Hamilton ground I expect nothing less again here. India’s bowlers have toiled hard but are so hittable at the death while they bat all the way down so we should be in for another very high scoring game which should mean lots of maximums. There were 13 sixes in what became a 42 over game in the ODI here earlier in the series and I expect at least a dozen more here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zealand-vs-india-4th-odi-betting-sixes-can-continue-to-be-hit-in-high-scoring-series

Re: New Zealand vs India ODI series 5th ODI preview: 5pts Over 11.5 sixes 5/6 William Hill The story of this series so far has been sixes galore and with no pressures of the series outcome on the line I expect both batting units to flourish again and produce a load more maximums. This is possibly the smallest ground of the lot and although the wicket can sometimes play tricks a lot of that is down to atmospheric conditions. In good weather the pace and bounce in this wicket should be true which should allow batsmen to do as they please in terms of six hitting. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zealand-vs-india-5th-odi-betting-series-of-big-hits-can-finish-with-plenty-more-in-wellington

Re: New Zealand vs India ODI series I think this is a sure winner Kev! Bit iffy about the weather conditions whether India will bat first and get bowled out for 150 or something with the swinging ball and dark clouds aiding extravagant seam movement. Will wait and see how the weather goes first. Should be fine anyway! :)