Meydan Analysis

Just wondered if anyone saw the racing today from Meydan on Racing UK At the beginning of the show they were going on about the new sectional timing tool they have via a company called Trakus. I have no interest in this type of racing to be perfectly honest but i do like number crunching with ratings and stuff so this intrigues me on how much information they can get these days. I just wish they did something similar for British racing and i may be tempted to get into speed figures. Anyway the results of the races can be analysed to death and they even take into account how many lengths a horse may have wasted by running wide or in fact being drawn wide. At the start they gave us the average times for all races at Meydan on both types of surface, cant seem to find them on the net but did find this very interesting PDF file on a couple of todays results; http://www.amwestentertainment.com/media/file/Trakus_Report_-_20130107.pdf Also on the Dubai World Cup site they have all the results and sectional times if you like that sort of thing. I find it very interesting that if you just look at the first 100m of a race you can see that how far each horse actually ran and its not 100 metres! In the mile race some horses ran 20 metres further than some others over the full distance. http://www.dubaiworldcup.com/race/racing-info/trakus-chart I'm sure some will just find it an overload of information but its about time British racing was brought into the 21st century with all this technology around, or is it a case of they don't want us to know this stuff. Any thoughts?

Re: Meydan Analysis Thats a very intresting read! My problem with sectionals is that you can analyse a race to death and ultimately a horses trip will depend on their running style and draw. I dont know any of the horses mentioned in the Trakus report so I dont know how they ran, but I would expect the runners with the shortest trip to generally be prominant runners drawn fairly low and therefore if you can predict how the race will unfold you will have the same advantage. It will certainly help in determining how badly a horse was unsuited by how the race unfolded though and the overall pace of the race.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.