** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

England > Weekend > FA Trophy 2nd Round Dec 14

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 14 December 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Aldershot Town v Worcester City (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4/7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9/2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Barnet v Grimsby Town (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 15/8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.17 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Barrow v Maidenhead United (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.16 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Braintree Town v Lincoln City (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1/1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.44 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Chorley v Forest Green Rovers (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 17/20 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.72 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Dover Athletic v Leamington (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 19/20 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5/2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 14/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.17 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Eastleigh v Gateshead (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 21/10 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5/4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.97 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Gosport Borough v Nuneaton Town (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7/2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3/4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.55 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Guiseley v Bradford Park Avenue (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 21/20 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5/2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.13 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Leek Town v Hungerford Town (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 15/8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.67 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Luton Town v Wrexham (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9/10 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.98 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] North Ferriby United v Woking (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 19/10 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.37 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] St Albans City v Cambridge United (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 10/3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8/11 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]107.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Tamworth v Boston United (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1/1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.76 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Whitehawk v Havant & Waterlooville (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13/10 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.04 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Whitstable Town v Ebbsfleet United (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7/2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/20 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.79 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: England > Weekend > FA Trophy 2nd Round Dec 14 Guiseley at home to Bradford Park Avenue (21/20 widespread) A few weeks back on here I was saying that Guiseley were value at North Ferriby as their struggling squad had been revamped by the new regime. I didn't take that price but they haven't looked back, with a run of six wins and a draw, including a 3-0 win at BPA on Monday. The Trophy is different, of course, and BPA have a decent squad, although it's not by any means full strength and they haven't got the same momentum as the home side. Braintree Town at home to Lincoln City (21/20 Marathon) Lincoln have been a disappointment and they have been worrying short of firepower (25/1 in the Skrill Prem relegation market with BetVics has its temptations). Their one-man-up approach is not working and with key men out of form they look vulnerable in this one. Braintree put out a strong side against Welling in the last round and I'm guessing they'll do the same again. They too have had problems finding the right blend up front but they seem to be getting it right, and they have a midfield that looks a touch more organised and creative.

Re: England > Weekend > FA Trophy 2nd Round Dec 14 In relation to the Luton v Wrexham match up it is almost certainly a game neither team wants to win but I think it likely that wrexham are likely to want to lose it a little less than Luton!! We hold the cup first of all and, although it really makes little money for the bigger clubs until Wembley, I am sure the players do not want to give the thing up. Neither club want a replay so have agreed we can play extra time tomorrow!The Luton manager has made no bones that he will play a young side similar to the team who turned out in the last round. Wrexham also played a team short of first teamers. However, tomorrow I will have a punt on Wrexham, readily available at 3.5 and even 3.75 with Ladbrokes, as I am aware that Wrexham are travelling with the whole first team squad. I doubt that would be done without Morrell intending to name a strongish side and, although Luton have some decent youngsters, if we name a strong team and play like we did in the first half against Oxford, we are worth a punt.

Re: England > Weekend > FA Trophy 2nd Round Dec 14

I must admit until Luton and Wrexham said they were going stright to extra time I had no idea that was an option. I bet most clubs didn't either.
Only thing is, if it is still level after that, they can't go to penalties. Still worth it for the bigger clubs I would have thought.

I must admit until Luton and Wrexham said they were going stright to extra time I had no idea that was an option. I bet most clubs didn't either.
I knew the rule existed but what had baffled me was the fact it has taken 5 years for us to use it!
In relation to the Luton v Wrexham match up it is almost certainly a game neither team wants to win but I think it likely that wrexham are likely to want to lose it a little less than Luton!! We hold the cup first of all and, although it really makes little money for the bigger clubs until Wembley, I am sure the players do not want to give the thing up. Neither club want a replay so have agreed we can play extra time tomorrow!The Luton manager has made no bones that he will play a young side similar to the team who turned out in the last round. Wrexham also played a team short of first teamers. However, tomorrow I will have a punt on Wrexham, readily available at 3.5 and even 3.75 with Ladbrokes, as I am aware that Wrexham are travelling with the whole first team squad. I doubt that would be done without Morrell intending to name a strongish side and, although Luton have some decent youngsters, if we name a strong team and play like we did in the first half against Oxford, we are worth a punt.
I agree.

The problem is kev is that the away team have to agree. When we played you for example we would never agree to it as a replay would be massive for us. From memory most of your trophy games have been clubs from a lower division. Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum

We've played Cambridge' date=' Grimsby, Mansfield etc in this. Can't see what Staines will have made out of a crowd of 900 the other week in that replay.[/quote'] That's why I think teams didn't know it was an option. Of course Staines would want a replay with Luton at your place even if the crowd was only 900 and I suspect they expected more. Seems funny that after your game was announced extra time would be played that Grimsby and Barnet did the same thing and no one has ever done this before to my knowledge.