Group F - Iran v Nigeria > Monday June 16th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Iran v Nigeria (20:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.25 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 6 months later...

Re: Group F - Iran v Nigeria > Monday June 16th 3pts Under 2 goals 1.82 Bet365 If you like goals then this match might not be the one for you. Iran don’t score a great deal and Nigeria don’t look a big scoring side to me on paper either. Both will want to win because the games get much harder after this one but limited ability in the forward areas isn’t going to make for a goalfest I don’t think. Both are competent defensively so I really expect this to be low scoring. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/iran-vs-nigeria-betting-curitiba-clash-not-likely-to-be-high-scoring

Re: Group F - Iran v Nigeria > Monday June 16th Agree with Kevshat on this one as it doesn't look like it will be goals galore at all. I expect Iran to set up very defensively as they have done in qualifying only conceding 7 in 16 albeit against weaker opposition in general. Iran I imagine will play with a tight back 4 with two holding midfielders and will probably play Heydari at RM who is more a full back really. Therefore Iran will rely on the counter attacking abilities of their 3 other players and while this has been effective in qualifying shown by two 1 - 0 victories over South Korea I don't think they quite have the quality to be able to move from defence to attack quickly and efficiently enough to cause to many problems for a Nigeria team who only conceded 4 in 8 during qualifying and have kept clean sheets in two of their warm up matches against Mexico (who looked good earlier this week) and Greece. Furthermore, while Nigeria do have pace and energy in their front their three they are often wasteful in front of goal and lack a top class goal scorer. Nigeria's main threat therefore comes from counter attacking, however given Iran's likely set up off sitting deep and not overcommitting they shouldn't be vulnerable to these counterattacks and I don't think Nigeria have the class to break them down otherwise. Therefore U2.5G @ 1.70 Ladbrokes is a good bet, however given both teams haven't scored in Iran's last 8 qualifiers U2.5G and Both Teams Not To Score @ EVS William Hill is probably better value. Also with Nigeria scoring their first goal in the last 80 minutes in 5 of their 8 qualifiers and one of their warm up games and Iran's defence very likely to tire towards the end of the game, Nigeria 1st Goal after 76 minutes @ 7/1 William Hill may be worth a punt.

Re: Group F - Iran v Nigeria > Monday June 16th Iran conceded 2 goals in their 8 qualifying games, but the only team that wasn't totally awful in their group was south Korea (lol their qualifying system btw when they walk in but great teams can't get in due to Euro qualifying being very hard). This tournament has put me off betting the under, but both teams are very very poor at scoring, so i'm inclined to back Nigeria 1-0 at 13/2 with LB seems pretty good.

Re: Group F - Iran v Nigeria > Monday June 16th Very true indeed, which I feel has been caused mainly by the expected more defensive teams conceding early(ish) and then having to be more expansive. Plus we are surely due a drab 0-0 ;)

Re: Group F - Iran v Nigeria > Monday June 16th I'm agreeing with most of the posts on here and looking at a Nigeria clean sheet (11/10 in most places). Iran will surely set up to be quite tight defensively and I don't expect them to offer much going forward. Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Re: Group F - Iran v Nigeria > Monday June 16th Never really liked this Nigeria team. On paper they should be favorites, but in fact they haven't been playing well for a long time. In the qualifiers they were in an easy group with Kenya, Malawi and Namibia. Nigeria drew 3 of their 6 games and managed to score more than once only in the home game against poor Malawi - 2:0. Later, in the play-off they met Ethiopia - a team who was considered the surprise in Africa, but still one of the underdogs in the continent and the most desired opponent for the playoff. Nigeria won very luckily in Addis Abbaba after Nigerians came from behind in the last 20 minutes of the game after very poor mistakes of the home goal-keeper. Nigeria didn't win any of their 3 pre-World Cup friendlies, drawing twice - with Scotland and Greece, and losing to US. I saw two of these games, and I was virtually unimpressed with the Nigerians. They seem to lack cohesion, play slow football and don't seem to press enough. There are also infos that Nigerians have conflict with their federation about the premium for the World Cup, so supposedly the climate in the dressing room is not perfect. Their coach Stephen Keshi has no experience outside Africa, and has made some controversial decisions in the last two years (like playing some local players instead of European based stars). Iran are nothing special - a typical side which plays negative football, but can defend relatively well. Their coach is Carlos Queiroz - also not famed for his attacking football. Their key danger will be winger Dejagah. I don't consider Iran better than Nigeria, but I think they are similar in quality, or probably just a little worse, but they should have more organized squad and better collective, as their coach is much more experienced, there are no reports for bad climate in the dressing room, and generally they are tactically disciplined unlike most African teams. These factors should make it hard for Nigeria to be such a strong favorite, so I consider Iran or Draw a very good option. Iran or Draw @ 2.10 (Marathon)

Re: Group F - Iran v Nigeria > Monday June 16th

I don't consider Iran better than Nigeria, but I think they are similar in quality, or probably just a little worse, but they should have more organized squad and better collective, as their coach is much more experienced, there are no reports for bad climate in the dressing room, and generally they are tactically disciplined unlike most African teams. These factors should make it hard for Nigeria to be such a strong favorite, so I consider Iran or Draw a very good option. Iran or Draw @ 2.10 (Marathon)
From what I've seen of both, I agree with your thoughts. Nigeria just seem poor to watch- not much variety or imagination. Iran's problem is they tend to play a poorer standard of opposition and most of their players are domestically-based, whereas Nigeria's are mainly based in top European leagues - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_national_football_team#Current_squad http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria_national_football_team#Current_squad This should give Nigeria a big advantage, but I also think people might be under-estimating Iran.

Re: Group F - Iran v Nigeria > Monday June 16th Keep an eye out for Nekounam for Iran, he has impressed me anytime I watch Iran play. Obviously not world class, but has enough ability to hurt Nigeria. I certainly wouldn't rule the Iranians out here, Nigeria are poor.

Re: Group F - Iran v Nigeria > Monday June 16th

Iran or Draw @ 2.10 (Marathon)
The worst game of the Mondial, but bet won relatively easy. Nigeria was the better team, but they lacked any urgency or penetration as in almost all of their games in the last two years. Iran are nothing but a negative bus parkers, but it is enough against slow and tactically incapable teams like Nigeria. World Cup 2014 Stats: 5 Bets, 5 Wins, 0 Losses + 5.68 Units (1 Unit per bet)