Group C - Ivory Coast v Japan > Saturday June 14th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Ivory Coast v Japan (23:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.72[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.32 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 6 months later...

Re: Group C - Ivory Coast v Japan > Saturday June 14th Both Teams To Score 21/20 @ Ladbrokes There are very few games i see going BTTS in this first round of games but this is definitely one of them. Both Japan and Ivory Coast strengths are in their attack and their weakness is their defence. Japan's main threats are Kagawa, Honda and Okazaki and the way Japan play means that they frequently both score and concede which is proven by the fact that 12 of their last 16 games has resulted in BTTS and 5 of their last 6 games has had at least 4 goals. Ivory Coast are also a side with many goal threats like Drogba,Toure, Bony, Kalou and Gervinho amongst others but their defence can be quite vulnerable at times. Ivory Coast's last 7 games have resulted in BTTS and that record stretches back to 11 of their last 12 games resulting in BTTS. Therefore given the fact that both sides strengths are their attack, odds against for BTTS looks like a cracking price and even though opening round games are often cagey i still see value at 21/20

Re: Group C - Ivory Coast v Japan > Saturday June 14th 4pts Over 2.5 goals 7/5 Ladbrokes Looking at the way both sides play I expect to see a number of goals here. In fact this could be one of the higher scoring matches of the first round of the tournament. Japan leave themselves exposed defensively but pile men forward and Ivory Coast often play with three strikers, albeit with two of them in wider positions so attack is the emphasis in both sides which should equate to this one containing more than 2.5 goals. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ivory-coast-vs-japan-betting-recife-can-play-host-to-a-few-goals

Re: Group C - Ivory Coast v Japan > Saturday June 14th Would write down something more elaborate but still don't feel like it. Maybe 1 hour before the match and after I see initial XIs. But I fully agree with kevshat. odds just too high, boths teams know how to attack very well, but defending is poor. Japan is a clear outsider for me, btw, can see them get a result (draw or win) tomorrow. But for me, the goals market is still the way to go on this one. Odds look too big, and I still didn't figure it out why..

Re: Group C - Ivory Coast v Japan > Saturday June 14th Both Teams To Score @ 2.00 BoyleSports (3 Points) This bet would have been a winner in 12 out of 15 of Ivory Coasts Last matches and 11 out of 15 for Japan. Both sides have real quality in attacking areas but look a bit more suspect at the back. I can see Japan struggling with the physicality and pace that the likes of Yaya Toure, Drogba, Bony e.t.c will present and for that reason can't see them keeping a clean sheet. The Japanese do have some real quality in attacking areas themselves though and they have got every chance of getting on the score sheet against an Ivory Coast side who rarely keep clean sheets. When you factor in its been such an open start to the tournament and the stats highlighted above, evens on both teams to score looks a very solid bet indeed.

Re: Group C - Ivory Coast v Japan > Saturday June 14th

4pts Over 2.5 goals 7/5 Ladbrokes Looking at the way both sides play I expect to see a number of goals here. In fact this could be one of the higher scoring matches of the first round of the tournament. Japan leave themselves exposed defensively but pile men forward and Ivory Coast often play with three strikers, albeit with two of them in wider positions so attack is the emphasis in both sides which should equate to this one containing more than 2.5 goals. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ivory-coast-vs-japan-betting-recife-can-play-host-to-a-few-goals
Same thinking over this end but slightly different bet for me... Japanese normally play as if there is no tomorrow, especially in the second half. 4/10 Ivory Coast to win + Over 2.5 goals at 4.15 @ Marathonbet

Re: Group C - Ivory Coast v Japan > Saturday June 14th OK - just had a look on soccerway, who have some possession stats, although I'm not convinced how reliable they are. I had that thought that Japan might dominate possession in this game, but those stats suggest otherwise.

Re: Group C - Ivory Coast v Japan > Saturday June 14th 6pts Over 2.5 goals @ 2.10 Skybet 6pts Both teams to score @ 1.83 Ladbrokes Both teams have scored in the last 7 games in a row for Ivory Coast. Out of those, 5 games have ended with over 2.5 goals. Both teams have scored in the last 5 out of 6 games for Japan. Those 5 games also ended with over 2.5 goals in them. The stats look very promising for a high scoring game with both sides finding the back of the net. Japan are in good form having won their last 5 games in a row, whereas Ivory Coast have won 2, drawn 2 and lost 1 of their last 5 games. I am not confident to back either side, hence would rather take my chances with the above mentioned bets instead.

Re: Group C - Ivory Coast v Japan > Saturday June 14th Over 2.5 Goals @ 2.2 (bet365 during the morning) for a 1.5 stake Took the bet during the morning, but did only have the time to come by now. Now on 2.00, although some bookies still offer 2.10. For me, one of the bets of the tournament as I just can't see this one ending with 0, 1 or 2 goals. Both teams are offensive-minded, Ivory Coast employs a more physical approach and have not only big man Yaya Toure, but great quality players upfront, such as Drogba, Salomon Kalou, Gervinho, and still have the guts to have Bony on the bench. Auerier also provides a lot of depth on the right, and Tioté has some good long ranging efforts. Although they're great on the attack, they lack a lot defensively, just like your usual african side. Might seem a surprise what I'm about to say here about Japan, but if they want, they will destroy this Ivory Coast defense today. Their offensive approach is high-quality and a joy to watch from a neutral point of view. Their main problem is the defensive line as well, and they will struggle not to concede, and that's why I'm avoiding match odds here. Actually, all matches with Japan are to avoid on match odds...but are great to be on overs. Both teams will want to win to bookmark their ambitions in this WC, so I'm expecting an open match since the beginning. If there is an early goal, we might be up for a big scoreline, something like 2-2, 3-2, 3-3, 2-3...who knows. But don't be surprised if first half could end with a low scoreline...typical Japan :)