** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Sunderland V Chelsea > Wednesday 4th December

Jase82

Re: Sunderland V Chelsea > Wednesday 4th December The key to how well Chelsea do is how well Mata can be integrated into the side, this guy is their best creative player by a distance and their POTY for the last 2 seasons, he has the consistency that their other attacking midfielders lack. This isn't the Chelsea team of old, there is no siege mentality that made them great before, defence is getting older and the strikers are nothing special. Price on Chelsea looks pretty lousy to me, they still have huge consistency issues, one great performance is followed by a poor one. Looking at their away games so far this season - the bizarre game against United (0-0) where they played with no strikers, stinker of a game. Lost 1-0 to Everton, despite dominating for most of the game, drew 1-1 with Tottenham poor in the first half very good in the second, beat Norwich 3-1 were struggling for most of the second half before a couple of late goals won it for them, lost to Newcastle 2-0 in a fairly even game, beat West Ham 3-0 in their best away performance so far. They have put together some decent 45mins but struggled to sustain it for 90mins and the 'fatigue' the players seem to suffer from - according to Mourinho - seems to mean we will see squad rotation tomorrow in another 3 game week. Sunderland have won their last 2 at home and Poyet has installed some stability and confidence in the team, looking at their recent home games they have had some tough ones Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool, Newcastle and Man City in their last 5 and now Chelsea. Personally think the odds on Chelsea are too low considering the improvement in Sunderland's form and the inconsistency in Chelsea's.

Re: Sunderland V Chelsea > Wednesday 4th December I will put my trust with Mourinho side again. They should be too much for Sunderland side tonight and should take all three back to Stamford Bridge without any problems. Sunderland has won their last two matches at home against very big opponents (1:0 against Manchester City and 2:1 against Newcastle). Both of those sides have very potent attack players and it strikes me that Sunderland managed to keep them at bay. Thing is that I find it hard to believe that Sunderland will manage to contain Chelsea attack. Gus Poyet has no injury concerns and strongest lineup will face Chelsea side. Mourinho's team is doing ok for the moment. Only ones who are keeping the pace with Arsenal, and if they step their game up away from home, they will be main contenders for the title alongside Gunners. Two victories in a row with 3 goals scored in each will boost their morale and playing against bottom side Sunderland will surely make them believe they can take all three here as well. In the last 17 matches these two teams have played, Chelsea side has won 16 times, while Sunderland managed to nick only one victory. Chelsea to cover -1 AH @ 2 with bet365. GL

Re: Sunderland V Chelsea > Wednesday 4th December Am just not crazy about Chelsea away from home. Their two wins have been against teams that are not to good (west ham and Norwich). They failed to do anything against Newcastle (2-0), Spurs (1-1), and Man United (1-1) Strange team setup in those games. I would rather see Chelsea with a 1W-1D-1L record (4pts) or even a 1W and 2L record (3pts) than the 2D and 1L (2pts) from those three games. Sunderland seem to have turned a corner. They have had 5 really tough games at home Man City Newcastle Man United Liverpool Arsenal JUst can't see them being swamped by this Chelsea side at home. Happy to take the Asian +1 on Sunderland at 1.9 bet365