** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Europa League > Thursday December 12th

Aidymac

Re: Europa League > Thursday December 12th

Macabi Tel Aviv - 1 @ 2.025 - bet365 V Bordeaux A game here where Tel Aviv don't need to win, a draw would be fine. However I think Bordeaux have more important things on their mind and they're out of the competiton. Maccabi Tel Aviv are usually pretty dominant at home and Bordeaux are set to rest players with a view to concentrate on the league so I expect a home win here. I'd rather back this line at even money as Tel Aviv aren't a hugely fancied European side so the odds are more appealing. Money back if they only win by one. They already beat leaders Frankfurt here 4-2.
Jase, out of interest for future games, where did you get this info?

Re: Europa League > Thursday December 12th Group G Dinamo Kiev v Rapid Vienna I think Rapid Vienna are too long at around 8.0 in this straight qualification shoot-out. Although Dinamo are strong at home, they can be beaten. The two sides drew 2-2 in Vienna earlier in the group. Tonight, Dinamo need a draw to qualify and Rapid have to win. Rapid Vienna DNB 5.5 Unibet I also think it's worth backing Rapid Vienna corners at current odds. Both these sides get a lot of corners. Dinamo have won 29 and Rapid 34 so far in the 5 group games - averages of nearly 6 and 7 respectively. Rapid corners are being priced at long prices in this game, but if they are chasing the game (quite likely with them having to win), I think there's a good chance they might outscore Dinamo in corners (and bear in mind they've won more corners in the group games so far). Here are three bets I think are worth taking in the corners market: Most Corners Rapid 5.0 Betway Rapid Over 3.5 Corners 1.9 Betway Over 6 Rapid Corners 9.0 William Hill

Re: Europa League > Thursday December 12th BREAKING TEAM NEWS - Tottenham v Anzhi Mahachkala (2005 GMT) Roberto Soldado starts up front for Tottenham as Danny Rose returns from injury and Andre Vills-Boas decides Cristian Eriksen is only fit enough for the bench. Jermain Defoe is not in the squad. Tottenham starting XI: Friedel; Naughton, Capoue, Fryers, Rose; Dembele, Holtby; Lamela, Sigurdsson, Townsend; Soldado

Re: Europa League > Thursday December 12th Looks like the only game that has anything at stake is Dinamo Kiev vs Rapid Vienna. As Rapid need a win I agree with MPLouis' earlier post. They will probably try and attack early on, but given the standard of Europa league I doubt anything major will happen. Maybe worth backing over 2.5 @ 1.85 on Betfair plus an insurance bet on Tottenham just in case. I don't think it's a good idea to stake too much on Europa league as teams tend to play differently to local leagues so can't be judged according to performance else where...

I've tried to identify the games where there is still something to play for as the Europa league can be a bit of a nightmare. Firstly, PSV V Chernomorets Over 10 Corners @ 1.925 - bet365. No stats as such to back this up, merely trying to draw up a picture of the style of the game. Both sides sit level on points with seven, and qualification hinges on whether PSV avoid defeat. I don't think they necessarily "need" to win but a win would be good. Anything else would be poor as they're having a miserable time in the league. Chernomorets would therefor qualify with a win, which is obviously a huge task. Playing against PSV might be a daunting prospect but because of PSV's league form Chernomorets can suprise here, and that is why I fancy a fair few corners in the process. The stake is returned if just ten corners are achieved so the line is all good. Next, NK Maribor + 0.25 @ 1.85 - bet365 V Wigan. Very good odds here IMO for Maribor to take something at home to a Wigan side who I think now have bigger fish to fry. They recently sacked Owen Coyle and have appointed Uwe Rosler who has been brought in to save their season, and try to get promotion through the playoffs. I think this competition would have been better received had they not been relegated last season. Maribor can progress with a win at home here if Rubin can beat Zulte Waregem. I believe they can win here because they're usually very dominant at home and know how to score goals. What concerns me with Wigan is that they're favourites away in Europe having failed to score in their two previous away encounters. I just don't make them favourites and they're surely being awarded that tag because they're English. Wigan have had a lot of injuries, and they will be resting their better players in anticipation of Saturday's game against Bolton. They've only scored five goals away all season, and four of those came against Barnsley on the opening day. Striker Grant Holt won't play either. Macabi Tel Aviv - 1 @ 2.025 - bet365 V Bordeaux A game here where Tel Aviv don't need to win, a draw would be fine. However I think Bordeaux have more important things on their mind and they're out of the competiton. Maccabi Tel Aviv are usually pretty dominant at home and Bordeaux are set to rest players with a view to concentrate on the league so I expect a home win here. I'd rather back this line at even money as Tel Aviv aren't a hugely fancied European side so the odds are more appealing. Money back if they only win by one. They already beat leaders Frankfurt here 4-2.
Disappointing from PSV as they fail to create many corners - 6 between the two. Maribor won so that's a full win, and Maccabi couldn't make superiority tell, so that's a push.

Tottenham to win to Nil @ 1.72 - bet365. It's a fairly obvious bet but the situation Anzhi are in just compounds matters for me. They travelled with a squad of twenty players, and have quite a few injuries. They somehow managed to qualify already for the next phase of the Europa League so don't have any incentive to do anything. They also have had a lot of problems scoring goals this season with only six goals scored in their last fifteen home and away fixtures, and tonight they could only have one fit striker.
Loss. Always the way. Anzhi depleted, playing poorly, not scoring and a defender pops up to score!

Group G Dinamo Kiev v Rapid Vienna I think Rapid Vienna are too long at around 8.0 in this straight qualification shoot-out. Although Dinamo are strong at home, they can be beaten. The two sides drew 2-2 in Vienna earlier in the group. Tonight, Dinamo need a draw to qualify and Rapid have to win. Rapid Vienna DNB 5.5 Unibet I also think it's worth backing Rapid Vienna corners at current odds. Both these sides get a lot of corners. Dinamo have won 29 and Rapid 34 so far in the 5 group games - averages of nearly 6 and 7 respectively. Rapid corners are being priced at long prices in this game, but if they are chasing the game (quite likely with them having to win), I think there's a good chance they might outscore Dinamo in corners (and bear in mind they've won more corners in the group games so far). Here are three bets I think are worth taking in the corners market: Most Corners Rapid 5.0 Betway Rapid Over 3.5 Corners 1.9 Betway Over 6 Rapid Corners 9.0 William Hill
Result: Dinamo Kiev 3 Rapid Vienna 1 Final Corner Count: 4-8 This means the DNB lost but all three corner bets won :ok

Just had Maribor' date=' Tel Aviv and Elfsborg come in and betfair offer £130 cash out or stick it out for Lazio and Spurs win to net £309. What should I do?[/quote'] Hope you didn't wait for Lazio and cashed out mate :) Too many times I've been greedy and got burnt (Dortmund last night was an example, tried to bank more by going on over 3.5 live bet at the end of the 1st half and the rest is history!)... @ Jase82, That was so unlucky mate! Anzi barely had 2 clear chances so to have scored was unexpected! This is one of the reasons I try to stay away from clean sheet and win to nil bets as it only takes a mistake, a bit of bad luck or god knows the planets being out of alignment and the ball just rolls in!!!

Re: Europa League > Thursday December 12th Hey Mplouis, wasn't here all day so didn't see your question. I saw the information in an Israeli sports website. It was a tough match for Maccabi, weather was shitty but the were able to win with a penalty.