** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Benfica v Paris Saint-Germain > Tuesday December 10th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Benfica v Paris Saint-Germain (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.98[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.06 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Benfica v Paris Saint-Germain > Tuesday December 10th Blanch confirmed yesterday that Ibra will not play this game. PSG are likely to rest more key players. With that i mind, and the fact that Benfica probably have to win this game, I think odds over 2 on Benfica is value. Will also follow the SpiffX index in order to bet on both 1X2 and odds to move!

Re: Benfica v Paris Saint-Germain > Tuesday December 10th From UEFA.com

Group C SL Benfica (7) v Paris Saint-Germain (13) Olympiacos FC (7) v RSC Anderlecht (1) • Paris are through as group winners as their head-to-head is superior to Olympiacos. • Olympiacos have head-to-head superiority over Benfica so will definitely progress with a victory or if Benfica lose. • To finish second, Benfica must pick up more points than Olympiacos. • Anderlecht will finish fourth

Re: Benfica v Paris Saint-Germain > Tuesday December 10th PSG have already qualified and are the class team in this group. However, they will surely rest a few players and wont be as motivated as Benfica who need to win to clinch second spot. PSG are the better side, but benfica have the greater incentive and they have beaten PSG the last two times in Portugal.

Re: Benfica v Paris Saint-Germain > Tuesday December 10th

PSG have already qualified and are the class team in this group. However' date= they will surely rest a few players and wont be as motivated as Benfica who need to win to clinch second spot. PSG are the better side, but benfica have the greater incentive and they have beaten PSG the last two times in Portugal.
If PSG were playing their top players, I think they would be value at nearly 4.0, but resting a few means I think the odds might be about right.

Re: Benfica v Paris Saint-Germain > Tuesday December 10th benfica at the weekend could not even beat the 2nd bottom of their league at home. infact they were losing 1-2 around the hour mark. CL is different and has huge importance but PSG are no push overs even with their key players missing.

Re: Benfica v Paris Saint-Germain > Tuesday December 10th Being from Portugal, i can say i know Benfica quite a bit. Unfortunately this doesn´t mean i am never wrong. Last match against Arouca i predicted a slaughter and the match ended up 2-2 with Benfica equalising with an invented penalty shot. For today, i really believe Benfica will bounce back. They still have a chance, stadium will have a lot of fans, PSG will rest a lot of players, Blanc even said that it is very dificult to motivate the players when playing a game like this. However, given the fact that Benfica has been so poor lately i cant back them against PSG at such short odds. BTS might be the best outcome, something like 2-1, 1-1. GL

You'd have to be a brave man to bet on PSG here as they're likely to be resting their bigger name players. However I'd like to swerve the traditional markets and accept bet365's offer of over 10 corners @ 1.75. Not had a look at the stats but just a feeling I have that Benfica need to push forward as much as they can and while PSG are resting players Benfica's openness will allow them room to win a few corners in the process. It wouldn't surprise me to see this go all the way with Benfica pushing and pushing.

You'd have to be a brave man to bet on PSG here as they're likely to be resting their bigger name players. However I'd like to swerve the traditional markets and accept bet365's offer of over 10 corners @ 1.75. Not had a look at the stats but just a feeling I have that Benfica need to push forward as much as they can and while PSG are resting players Benfica's openness will allow them room to win a few corners in the process. It wouldn't surprise me to see this go all the way with Benfica pushing and pushing.
12 corners. Bet won :ok

Re: Benfica v Paris Saint-Germain > Tuesday December 10th Good call jase. I totally skipped this game but now I feel pretty stupid though. Like united benfica is not in great shape but they have been pretty solid in europe especially at home. Against a changed psg side without big motivation the home win was the right bet to take.. Another lesson learned better back smaller names with motivation than big names with a lot of pre game talk.. ;-) Even vik plzen won at home haha!