** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Shakhtar Donetsk v Real Sociedad > Wednesday November 27th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Shakhtar Donetsk v Real Sociedad (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.88[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.55[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.49 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Shakhtar Donetsk v Real Sociedad > Wednesday November 27th Shakhtar is the best bet this round in my opinion. Shakhtar is very strong at home and playing at Donnbas Arena is not an easy task for giants of Euro football and Sociedad doesn`t belong to this group-they`re a very good team for sure. Guided by young,enthisiastic coach with great individuals like Carlos Vela, Griezmann and experienced captain Xabi Prieto. In spite of all the praise I think they`ll struggle today. Shakhtar plays in weaker domestic competetion and that`s a fact, but they have something Sociedad doesn`t have. Experience in these kind of matches. With Mircea Lucescu who has coached "hundreds of games" like this one and South American "spirit" (many highly talented Brazilians play there) + home support i simply can`t see Ukrainians fail today. They can concede but will score one more than Sociedad will. Stakes are simply to high. Shakhtar to win @1,62 bet365

Re: Shakhtar Donetsk v Real Sociedad > Wednesday November 27th Under 2.5 @2.02 on Unibet also looks like a good bet to me. Looking at the previous games from both teams in the groupstage you'll see that they hardly had games where there were more than 2 goals. Out of the four games for Shakthar, the only game that went over was the 4-0 beating in Leverkusen. Sociedad's only over game was also against Leverkusen away (2-1).

Re: Shakhtar Donetsk v Real Sociedad > Wednesday November 27th Shaktar to beat Real S. @ 1.6 Betfair The last chance for Shakhtar players to get a spot in the playoffs. Real Socieded will be their opponent this time out who came to this game with quite serious problems in the squad. First of all, their biggest problems in the defensive line as they will miss “Carlos Martinez” who will be replaced by less reliable Liassine Cadamuro. Disqualified defensive midfielder “Markel Bergaga” won’t play either. Without him they’re not comfortable when they’re defending like they will do the most time in this match. One player is under doubt “Gorka Elustondo” who is a defensive midfielder. However, It’s likely that he will feature, otherwise Real Sociedad might be in a real disaster night for themselves. Moreover, defender “Daniel Estrada” is out who played a game in the current champions league campaign. From their attacking options they will miss the services of Esteban Granero and Diego Ifran. These all are quality players, but watching at the RS attacking talent they’re good enough even without them. On the other hand, Shakhtar is almost without any players who will miss this game. Shakhtar was always known for their skilful players mainly from South America. Today we will see in action great attacking players as: “Adriano, Teixeira, Douglas Costa, Taison, Bernard”. These guys certainly able to cause huge problems to the partly weakened RS side using their technique and ability to play with one touch, creativity. Hosts also do have a strong midfield back of Fred and Hubschman. In addition, Shakhtar have very strong wingbacks in the face of Shevchuk and Dario Srna. I believe that Srna needs no presentation! I expect that today Shakhtar’s players will dominate on both flanks. Though, Real Sociedad can set against some of their attacking brilliance versus hosts. They have such dangerous players as : “Xabi Prieto”, “Chori Castro, “Antoni Griezmann”, “ Carlos Vela”. Carlos Vela is probably the most influential players for the guests right now who possess magnificent speed, striker’s intuition in front of goal. Normally, Carlos Vela plays centre forward just behind their wingers. In any case, Shaktar must be extremely careful when against such skilful players especially in attacking positions. I counted a couple of key points in this encounter. First of all, Real Socieded is pretty poor while defending against attacks down the wings. On the other hand, this is one of the major strengths of the home team. So we have hosts strength meeting the away team biggest weaknesses. Secondly, versus creative attacking abilities of Donetsk team, they are playing fast tempo as a team and they love to play one-twos you need to have a strong mid-back. Unfortunately it isn’t tonight for the players from Real S. Therefore they do look vulnerable for me at the department and I strongly believe hosts will be able to take advantage of it. Shakhtar captain “Dario Srna” told in a press-conference that they will try to put some pressure on opponents, which is quite logical as it can be crucial in this game. The last thing I want to mention is that La Liga looks the priority for Sociedad while Shakhar looks strong favourite in this situation. For backing “Shakhar Donetsk” speaks the injuries of Real Sociedad players, the style of play and huge motivation. All together should bring a fascinating match to watch and will be expecting the victory of Shakhtar. Good luck.

Re: Shakhtar Donetsk v Real Sociedad > Wednesday November 27th Great game to watch - though I think the result is a bit harsh for the Basque based on what they showed tonight (especially in the 1st half). Shakhtar was really impressive in the 2nd half when they closed the game and were waiting for the counters...This is a clear sign Manchester won`t have a walk in the park against them in the next round (as they`ve surprisingly had tonight vs Lever). Oh yes, Douglas Costa`s 3rd goal was SOMETHING:cigar...I haven`t seen a goal like that for a long time!