CIMB Classic 24-27 Oct

kevshat

Re: CIMB Classic 24-27 Oct Tournament preview: 1pt ew K.Aphibarnrat to win CIMB Classic 50/1 Stan James (1/4 1-5) Watney is the champion of this tournament but not on this course however one man currently does hold a title around here and that is Thailand’s Kiradech Aphibarnrat. Aphibarnrat won the Malaysian Open on the European Tour here earlier in the year and he also has a runner up finish in that tournament around here too so it is fair to say he knows and gets on well with this golf course. Without the jet lag issues and struggles on slow greens which the Americans could have the Thai could just make a major career breakthrough this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/cimb-classic-betting-kiradech-aphibarnrat-can-surprise-the-americans-to-land-his-first-pga-tour-title

Re: CIMB Classic 24-27 Oct Top European preview: 2pts D.Lynn Top European 6/1 Ladbrokes David Lynn had an excellent PGA Tour season last year and he’ll be looking for similar this year. He comes into this week in good form having won the Portuguese Masters recently and that success should have his confidence high coming into this tournament. He’ll have played in Asia a fair bit on the European Tour so the conditions shouldn’t be alien to him and having won recently we know he’s playing good golf. I don’t think it will take much to top the six Europeans this week but Lynn has the game to do it. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/cimb-classic-betting-david-lynn-should-carry-the-confidence-to-top-the-european-charge-in-malaysia

Re: CIMB Classic 24-27 Oct Good Luck Kev. Very interesting market and there's a number of tempting propositions about. Personally considered Aphibarnrat, De Laet, Castro and De Jonge. In the end though have opted for: Jeff Overton @ 75 Betfair Overton has had a bright start to the year with a 16th and 9th place and should take good form into this week. I expect -16 to be the minimum score required to win this week which means birdies will be required and the first 2 events of the year certainly fit this description too, so he should be in the right mindset coming in. Jet lag not an issue for me here as Overton took similarly good form (a 6th and 37th) in the 2 prior weeks to the 2011 edition of this tournament. Whilst, as Kev mentioned, that was at a different course, it was still in Malaysia, and Overton finished 2nd that week. This suggests to me he can thrive in what will be significantly different conditions and that fatigue and jet lag shouldn't be a factor with such good form behind him.

Re: CIMB Classic 24-27 Oct Have to point out Sportingbet this week who are the only bookmaker who are offering full non-reduced payouts on Place/T10 markets for TIES. That's a cracking proposition for regular golf punters who love to dabble in these markets on players who continually struggle to get over the final hurdle. A player I've always placed in that category is Brian Davis who is playing some really consistent/clean golf at the moment. He's always performed better in hotter climbs and can be a streaky scorer. A poor man's Jeff Overton if you like! I'm on-board the Londoner this week. BOL to all.

Re: CIMB Classic 24-27 Oct Nick Watney 20/1 General Watney got off to a horrendous start last week on a course where he has performed well in the past. He pulled the stops out with two 66's on Fri and Sat. The bird had flown when he seen the tournament out with a over par round on Sunday. I suspect that his mind was already on Malaysia during Sundays round, so I will overlook that and try and take the positives. Two back to back 6 under par rounds is good on any course. Watney won in Malaysia last year, albeit on a different course, so he has shown that he can compete in this part of the globe. 20/1 seems like a fair price in a small field. GL

Re: CIMB Classic 24-27 Oct Second Rd Three Balls. N Watney 2/1 B35 I may seem a little crazy to select a player who has been slaughtered in the first round. However, in my experience second round three balls rarely take the same path as the first round. Watney did this last week, started bad and improved dramatically, so I'm hoping for a repeat given that he has had time to settle and get a bit of practice in. It may cover the stake on the main bet. GL

Re: CIMB Classic 24-27 Oct

Second Rd Three Balls. N Watney 2/1 B35 I may seem a little crazy to select a player who has been slaughtered in the first round. However, in my experience second round three balls rarely take the same path as the first round. Watney did this last week, started bad and improved dramatically, so I'm hoping for a repeat given that he has had time to settle and get a bit of practice in. It may cover the stake on the main bet. GL
Disappointed, Watney should have won the three ball. -4 for the round after 5 holes and + 1 for the remaining holes. I suppose the tie is better than a defeat. The "Barnrat's birdie on 18 cost the win, shame there wasn't a Jack Russell around. Just kiddin Kev, I hope Aphi continues the way he is going for the last two rounds for your outright tip. GL with that.

Re: CIMB Classic 24-27 Oct

Tournament preview: 1pt ew K.Aphibarnrat to win CIMB Classic 50/1 Stan James (1/4 1-5) Watney is the champion of this tournament but not on this course however one man currently does hold a title around here and that is Thailand’s Kiradech Aphibarnrat. Aphibarnrat won the Malaysian Open on the European Tour here earlier in the year and he also has a runner up finish in that tournament around here too so it is fair to say he knows and gets on well with this golf course. Without the jet lag issues and struggles on slow greens which the Americans could have the Thai could just make a major career breakthrough this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/cimb-classic-betting-kiradech-aphibarnrat-can-surprise-the-americans-to-land-his-first-pga-tour-title
You must be a bit gutted Kev. A little better follow through with the putter on a few holes and he would have bagged it. all the same an excellent tip, 12.5/1 place money doesn't go amiss. Well called,