Special Note Regarding Sassuolo

OK so Inter Milan beat Sassuolo 7-0 away on Sunday morning and before kick off they were priced at 3/4 for a straight win. Looking at Sassuolo's first 3 results of the season this was like buying money from the bookmakers. With Inter being almost at full strength and not being involved in any champions league games midweek, the writing was on the wall and one of the punters on here actually pointed out the price on the weekends thread. It looks to me that Sassuolo are the San Mario of the european top flight leagues. I had a treble bet this weekend and had the first two up by saturday and was waiting for inter to come in. I actually considered taking Sassuolo on the +1 just incase they pulled something off just to guarantee profit but they I said to myself "whats the point", and thank god id didnt waste money considering the hiding Inter gave them. I often play a -1 handicap (-2, -3 only against San Mario) but did not look at it for the Sassuolo - Inter game. I'm now looking at it for this Wednesday's Napoli - Sassuolo game, 1/2 (1.500) for the -1. This to me looks again like buying money unless Napoli get 3 men sent off in the first ten minutes. And after that we have Sassuolo - Lazio and again I will be looking at the -1. I would just like to know from any of our expert Italian football followers why is this team so bad. I have read that they were missing their best player for the Inter game, some 19 year old but they have been shocking in all their games so far. They lost 1-4 to a team that was only promoted this year with themselves plus they won Serie B last year. What has happened at this club ? Have they had a massive clear out or something or some dramatic change behind the scenes ? They probably will improve but for the meantime any decent Serie A team is going to put goals past them. Napoli and Lazio must be looking at their next fixtures saying 3 points in the bag, I mean if Livorno are putting 4 past em and Inter 7 away, how many can Napoli at home put past them. Of course I will wait for the line ups and will never go past the -1 but if this going to continue for the near future and great prices for the -1 its a great time to clock up a few quid.

Re: Special Note Regarding Sassuolo One of the reasons might be that they play their games in another stadium (Reggio Emilia) than last last year in Serie B (Modena). For example, during their home game with Inter, there were probably more Inter fans present, so that may add a little bit to their awful form. Also their manager played a very stupid high line defence against Inter which is why they conceded in every Inter attack. But I think their coach will probably adapt and play more defensive from now on, so don't go crazy with the overs or handicaps.

Re: Special Note Regarding Sassuolo

Thank you Moog' date=' I appreciate your feedback. Tell me, is this new Stadium out of the way from the region of Sassuolo ? And did the manager play the high defence line in the previous 3 matches ??[/quote'] It's not very far from Sassuolo, google says about 20 km. I haven't watched other Sassuolo's games, but purely from the statistics I've seen, they have have been equal to their opponents (possession, shots on goal) if not better, except Inter of course.

Re: Special Note Regarding Sassuolo

OK so Inter Milan beat Sassuolo 7-0 away on Sunday morning and before kick off they were priced at 3/4 for a straight win. Looking at Sassuolo's first 3 results of the season this was like buying money from the bookmakers. With Inter being almost at full strength and not being involved in any champions league games midweek, the writing was on the wall and one of the punters on here actually pointed out the price on the weekends thread. It looks to me that Sassuolo are the San Mario of the european top flight leagues. I had a treble bet this weekend and had the first two up by saturday and was waiting for inter to come in. I actually considered taking Sassuolo on the +1 just incase they pulled something off just to guarantee profit but they I said to myself "whats the point", and thank god id didnt waste money considering the hiding Inter gave them. I often play a -1 handicap (-2, -3 only against San Mario) but did not look at it for the Sassuolo - Inter game. I'm now looking at it for this Wednesday's Napoli - Sassuolo game, 1/2 (1.500) for the -1. This to me looks again like buying money unless Napoli get 3 men sent off in the first ten minutes. And after that we have Sassuolo - Lazio and again I will be looking at the -1. I would just like to know from any of our expert Italian football followers why is this team so bad. I have read that they were missing their best player for the Inter game, some 19 year old but they have been shocking in all their games so far. They lost 1-4 to a team that was only promoted this year with themselves plus they won Serie B last year. What has happened at this club ? Have they had a massive clear out or something or some dramatic change behind the scenes ? They probably will improve but for the meantime any decent Serie A team is going to put goals past them. Napoli and Lazio must be looking at their next fixtures saying 3 points in the bag, I mean if Livorno are putting 4 past em and Inter 7 away, how many can Napoli at home put past them. Of course I will wait for the line ups and will never go past the -1 but if this going to continue for the near future and great prices for the -1 its a great time to clock up a few quid.
I think there are various factors as to why Sassuolo are doing so poorly at the momment, I myself have been quite suprised at the total meltdown as I rate Eusebio Di Francesco as a decent coach but it appears he struggles with adaptability and doesn't have a plan B in terms of system. Generally Sassuolo are a 4-3-3 team, they like to play in their opponents half with fluid, attacking football. This worked great in Serie B but it is naive to do that all the time in Serie A (unless you have great players) You can get found out at the top level playing kamikaze 4-3-3 (See Pescara 2012-2013). Sassuolo also crawled over the line to gain promotion in 2012-2013, most of their good work was done in the first half of the campaign, it seems like they are still suffering from the same hangover and need to build confidence and mommentum but Serie A can have a very steep learning curve. There has indeed been a fair turnover of players in the summer, their attacking matrix has been compromised because of absences/new players and basically lacks the fluidity it had last year. I do like some of the aquisitions they've made though, particularly in defence which leads me to believe their problems on the pitch are systemic rather than a lack of quality, although squad isn't gold standard as things stand. Yes they often play a high line/offside trap because Di Francesco likes to press in the oppositions half. It was complete suicide to do this against Inter as they are the number one team in Italy for exploiting high lines. This situation alone adds weight to the theory that Di Francesco only has a plan A and struggles to prep his team for different kinds of oppositional dynamics. With regards to the Napoli game I expect there maybe some changes for Sassuolo and they may play more defensive and look to counter after the 0-7 beating but I'm just speculating. Napoli are indeed flying at the momment but their price is pretty short so I'm not getting involved myself. GL if you do bet on them, I wont try and dissuade you.

Re: Special Note Regarding Sassuolo They’ve spent a bit of cash since coming up, including £4m on Italian U21 Luca Marrone from Juve. On paper they should certainly be making a better fist of it but their coach doesn’t look up to it. He was sacked at Lecce in 2011 having taking 8 points from his first 13 games. They won Serie B last year with him in charge, playing some very attacking football along the way by all accounts. Think the 1-1 Napoli result was more to do with Napoli’s complacency, and Rafa’s heavy rotation. Lazio look a decent price to beat them tomorrow at evens, despite missing Klose.

Re: Special Note Regarding Sassuolo Lazio are a virtual clinic with seven players out due to injury - backup goalkeeper Etrit Berisha, defenders Stefan Radu, Giuseppe Biava, Diego Novaretti, Abdoulay Konko, midfielder Lucas Biglia and striker Miroslav Klose. Captain Stefano Mauri is suspended until February. Despite this does anyone agree they will still be too strong for Sassuolo and get the 3 points?