** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

FC Porto v Atlético Madrid - Tuesday October 1st

Aidymac

• 2 weeks later...

Re: FC Porto v Atlético Madrid - Tuesday October 1st A.Madrid will be highly motivated after they away win against Real Madrid and they are more than capable of scoring a goal here. Moreover, both sides have scored in their last 5 games, so in my opinion Both to Score @ 1.80-1.90 would be my call here.

Re: FC Porto v Atlético Madrid - Tuesday October 1st Had to have a play on Atletico DNB here, they are absolutely flying in the league and beat a strong Zenit side 3-1 on matchday 1. This is a tough game to call and it's not really advisable to go too heavily into it, Porto are very strong at the Dragao and haven't conceded a goal there this season although they haven't faced a side with anywhere near the quality that Atletico can muster. Porto continue to make money at a staggering rate, their transfer dealings are among the best in Europe and they continue to handpick the best talent in Portugal and South America, Paulo Fonseca has come in and the transition between last season and this has so far been decent. They picked up Josue and Lica from last seasons surprise packages in Portugal Pacos de Ferreira and Estroil for under £4m and already that looks like very good business with both starting impressively while selling Moutinho and Rodriguez to Monaco for over £50m, they have reinvented the team many times over the last 10 years and look to be starting the process again this season with Jackson Martinez sure to follow for £25m+ at some point, their record with players is second to none. I had an antepost bet on them to win the league in Portugal as I couldn't see Benfica holding their form from last year, Porto have started well and have more new signings who they are starting to integrate into the squad through their second team. They are likely to play 4-3-3 against Atletico with Varela and Lica working either side of Martinez. Simeone would have been a relieved man to have kept all his main stars in the summer bar Falcao, but with £50m on the table for 'El Tigre' sometimes you have to swallow your pride and bringing in David Villa for less than Andy Carroll's right boot meant it was easier to take for the fans. They have their best ever start in the league winning 7 out of 7 and had their best result on Sat night beating Real Madrid 1-0 in the Bernabeu. Despite most websites claiming Diego Costa makes his return from suspension for the game (lazy reporting I think, just copy what each other writes) he is still suspended and isn't in the squad for the game. Godin was a doubt but will travel. Koke and Costa have been the main men in an attacking sense for Atletico Koke has 6 assists while Costa (who should get his first call-up to the Spanish national team soon, holds joint passport) is joint leading scorer with Messi, so Costa missing is a blow. Despite this I think Atletico have a good chance in this game, Porto have been grinding out results to an extent and Fonseca has faced criticism in the Portuguese press for their lack of goals this season, I don't think it is anywhere near beyond Atletico to go there and win it will be very tough as it's a tough place to go but they are flying and confidence is sky high a draw wouldn't surprise me but I think Atletico have more than enough to beat a Porto side that haven't totally clicked yet. Atletico Madrid DNB - 1.95 - betinternet - 7.5 Points

Re: FC Porto v Atlético Madrid - Tuesday October 1st

Had to have a play on Atletico DNB here, they are absolutely flying in the league and beat a strong Zenit side 3-1 on matchday 1. This is a tough game to call and it's not really advisable to go too heavily into it, Porto are very strong at the Dragao and haven't conceded a goal there this season although they haven't faced a side with anywhere near the quality that Atletico can muster. Porto continue to make money at a staggering rate, their transfer dealings are among the best in Europe and they continue to handpick the best talent in Portugal and South America, Paulo Fonseca has come in and the transition between last season and this has so far been decent. They picked up Josue and Lica from last seasons surprise packages in Portugal Pacos de Ferreira and Estroil for under £4m and already that looks like very good business with both starting impressively while selling Moutinho and Rodriguez to Monaco for over £50m, they have reinvented the team many times over the last 10 years and look to be starting the process again this season with Jackson Martinez sure to follow for £25m+ at some point, their record with players is second to none. I had an antepost bet on them to win the league in Portugal as I couldn't see Benfica holding their form from last year, Porto have started well and have more new signings who they are starting to integrate into the squad through their second team. They are likely to play 4-3-3 against Atletico with Varela and Lica working either side of Martinez. Simeone would have been a relieved man to have kept all his main stars in the summer bar Falcao, but with £50m on the table for 'El Tigre' sometimes you have to swallow your pride and bringing in David Villa for less than Andy Carroll's right boot meant it was easier to take for the fans. They have their best ever start in the league winning 7 out of 7 and had their best result on Sat night beating Real Madrid 1-0 in the Bernabeu. Despite most websites claiming Diego Costa makes his return from suspension for the game (lazy reporting I think, just copy what each other writes) he is still suspended and isn't in the squad for the game. Godin was a doubt but will travel. Koke and Costa have been the main men in an attacking sense for Atletico Koke has 6 assists while Costa (who should get his first call-up to the Spanish national team soon, holds joint passport) is joint leading scorer with Messi, so Costa missing is a blow. Despite this I think Atletico have a good chance in this game, Porto have been grinding out results to an extent and Fonseca has faced criticism in the Portuguese press for their lack of goals this season, I don't think it is anywhere near beyond Atletico to go there and win it will be very tough as it's a tough place to go but they are flying and confidence is sky high a draw wouldn't surprise me but I think Atletico have more than enough to beat a Porto side that haven't totally clicked yet. Atletico Madrid DNB - 1.95 - betinternet - 7.5 Points
reckon Costa is a big blow though. I was going to take this bet on Saturday , post real-madrid match but think costa is a huge miss since his defence work may well be required Away at porto. And like u mentioned, losing the joint topscorer in the league wont go amiss either. Now that Costa is missing, I think the price is just about right. If he was in, it would have been value to side with atletico.

Re: FC Porto v Atlético Madrid - Tuesday October 1st I think the odds should be even here: Atletico without Adrian and Diego Costa. Atletico with big game against Real last weekend. Porto with no injuries and only 2 losses at home last 32 months. With these facts in mind I think Porto DNB at 2.00 (Pinnacle, Bet365) is a possible bet. Also think the odds on Porto may drop closer to kick-off why I am also moving small amount on Porto win AND odds to drop on the SpiffX market!

Re: FC Porto v Atlético Madrid - Tuesday October 1st I thought about Atletico 0 AH long before the Real game, just after the CL first round. While the absence of Diego Costa is a blow, they have a decent replacement - Leo Baptistao. I think that Porto are way under their level from last year. Moutinho and Rodriguez are gone and their replacements are nowhere near their level. In the first game against Austria, the austrians were the far better team. Also their coach from last year - Vitor Perreira has gone to Al Ahli and I am not convinced that Porto will be on the same level under his successor Fonseca. Their topscorer from last season - Jackson Martinez hasn't had a prolific start of the season. In the game agaisnt Austria he missed two chances that the commentator said would have been two goals in last season's CL. Undefeated in 9 this sesason, 3 of those games against Barca and Real, I hihgly doubt that Atletico's run will end at Do Dragao.

Had to have a play on Atletico DNB here, they are absolutely flying in the league and beat a strong Zenit side 3-1 on matchday 1. This is a tough game to call and it's not really advisable to go too heavily into it, Porto are very strong at the Dragao and haven't conceded a goal there this season although they haven't faced a side with anywhere near the quality that Atletico can muster. Porto continue to make money at a staggering rate, their transfer dealings are among the best in Europe and they continue to handpick the best talent in Portugal and South America, Paulo Fonseca has come in and the transition between last season and this has so far been decent. They picked up Josue and Lica from last seasons surprise packages in Portugal Pacos de Ferreira and Estroil for under £4m and already that looks like very good business with both starting impressively while selling Moutinho and Rodriguez to Monaco for over £50m, they have reinvented the team many times over the last 10 years and look to be starting the process again this season with Jackson Martinez sure to follow for £25m+ at some point, their record with players is second to none. I had an antepost bet on them to win the league in Portugal as I couldn't see Benfica holding their form from last year, Porto have started well and have more new signings who they are starting to integrate into the squad through their second team. They are likely to play 4-3-3 against Atletico with Varela and Lica working either side of Martinez. Simeone would have been a relieved man to have kept all his main stars in the summer bar Falcao, but with £50m on the table for 'El Tigre' sometimes you have to swallow your pride and bringing in David Villa for less than Andy Carroll's right boot meant it was easier to take for the fans. They have their best ever start in the league winning 7 out of 7 and had their best result on Sat night beating Real Madrid 1-0 in the Bernabeu. Despite most websites claiming Diego Costa makes his return from suspension for the game (lazy reporting I think, just copy what each other writes) he is still suspended and isn't in the squad for the game. Godin was a doubt but will travel. Koke and Costa have been the main men in an attacking sense for Atletico Koke has 6 assists while Costa (who should get his first call-up to the Spanish national team soon, holds joint passport) is joint leading scorer with Messi, so Costa missing is a blow. Despite this I think Atletico have a good chance in this game, Porto have been grinding out results to an extent and Fonseca has faced criticism in the Portuguese press for their lack of goals this season, I don't think it is anywhere near beyond Atletico to go there and win it will be very tough it's a tough place to go but they are flying and confidence is sky high a draw wouldn't surprise me but I think Atletico have more than enough to beat a Porto side that haven't totally clicked yet. Atletico Madrid DNB - 1.95 - betinternet - 7.5 Points
Most of what I was going to say is in here, nice post mate :notworthy Atletico are looking unbelievably strong thus far, if they can keep up current form I see no reason why they couldn't challenge any of the big guns this season.

Had to have a play on Atletico DNB here, they are absolutely flying in the league and beat a strong Zenit side 3-1 on matchday 1. This is a tough game to call and it's not really advisable to go too heavily into it, Porto are very strong at the Dragao and haven't conceded a goal there this season although they haven't faced a side with anywhere near the quality that Atletico can muster. Porto continue to make money at a staggering rate, their transfer dealings are among the best in Europe and they continue to handpick the best talent in Portugal and South America, Paulo Fonseca has come in and the transition between last season and this has so far been decent. They picked up Josue and Lica from last seasons surprise packages in Portugal Pacos de Ferreira and Estroil for under £4m and already that looks like very good business with both starting impressively while selling Moutinho and Rodriguez to Monaco for over £50m, they have reinvented the team many times over the last 10 years and look to be starting the process again this season with Jackson Martinez sure to follow for £25m+ at some point, their record with players is second to none. I had an antepost bet on them to win the league in Portugal as I couldn't see Benfica holding their form from last year, Porto have started well and have more new signings who they are starting to integrate into the squad through their second team. They are likely to play 4-3-3 against Atletico with Varela and Lica working either side of Martinez. Simeone would have been a relieved man to have kept all his main stars in the summer bar Falcao, but with £50m on the table for 'El Tigre' sometimes you have to swallow your pride and bringing in David Villa for less than Andy Carroll's right boot meant it was easier to take for the fans. They have their best ever start in the league winning 7 out of 7 and had their best result on Sat night beating Real Madrid 1-0 in the Bernabeu. Despite most websites claiming Diego Costa makes his return from suspension for the game (lazy reporting I think, just copy what each other writes) he is still suspended and isn't in the squad for the game. Godin was a doubt but will travel. Koke and Costa have been the main men in an attacking sense for Atletico Koke has 6 assists while Costa (who should get his first call-up to the Spanish national team soon, holds joint passport) is joint leading scorer with Messi, so Costa missing is a blow. Despite this I think Atletico have a good chance in this game, Porto have been grinding out results to an extent and Fonseca has faced criticism in the Portuguese press for their lack of goals this season, I don't think it is anywhere near beyond Atletico to go there and win it will be very tough as it's a tough place to go but they are flying and confidence is sky high a draw wouldn't surprise me but I think Atletico have more than enough to beat a Porto side that haven't totally clicked yet. Atletico Madrid DNB - 1.95 - betinternet - 7.5 Points WIN
Good result for Atletico, bit of a smash and grab but a very well worked free-kick saw the winner a few minutes from time. Atletico missed a one-on-one and hit the bar in the first half, the ever unreliable Helton flapped at a free-kick he didn't get anywhere near which led to the equaliser (how haven't Porto found a better keeper than him after all these years!?) and Atletico looked stronger as the game went on. Porto had more possession and more chances but they didn't take them and although it looked destined to be a draw Atletico snatched it at the end.