Manchester United v Crystal Palace > Sat 14th September

Aidymac

Re: Manchester United v Crystal Palace > Sat 14th September Guys, the only thing that makes me "twitchy " here is David Moyes. Don't get me wrong - a great manager for Everton, can take players from lower leagues and turn them into a premier team, but can he do it with class players at this level ? I think he will in time, but in time is not now, and Ian Holloway can be a shrewd cookie tactically too. Man U W1, D1, L1 does not look impressive, until you realise who the opposition were - Chelsea and Liverpool. I think Moysey's men will overcome Palace, but how well is an unknown in my book - still 1-0 in the 96th minute still wins me money as well as a 8-0 drubbing , though at odds of c 1.2 it wont be singles for my money

Re: Manchester United v Crystal Palace > Sat 14th September Finally an "easy" game for United. Certainly easier than the matches they played recently. After the draw against Chelsea and defeat to Liverpool, this is the match where the Red Devils should prove the critics wrong. Crystal Palace doesn't have the firepower to make life difficult for United, unless the Manchester team underestimates them and doesn't go into the match fully concentrated. Since they are in a so called "crisis", I expect David Moyes' players to go all out from the beginning and break down the visitors in the first half. The next match for United is a local derby against City, and there is nothing better for boosting morale than a resounding win. As the captain Vidić points out, the defence is pretty good, but the attack has yet to start firing on all cylinders. This is the perfect opportunity for them. De Gea is confident in goal, and playing in front of a packed Old Trafford has never been easy, and it certainly won't be for today's visiting team. Bet: Home team to win by nil Odds: 1,85

Re: Manchester United v Crystal Palace > Sat 14th September If you fancy RVP anytime look no further than this betfred promo- RVP- AGS @ 6/4, £10 MAX stake. With Rooney unlikley to feature obviously this man carries the main threat and best price else where is @ 4/6! http://www.betfred.com/sport?betid=2046961.2&navitems=39.1,33660.2&market-group=2046961.2&action=market-group-list

Re: Manchester United v Crystal Palace > Sat 14th September TBH it was never going to be a "easy game" IMO we got a dodgy pen and didn't think it was a red either with a man covering but Moysie will take that any day (never seems to happen against big teams though) Finally figured out what United's problem is - the club has traditionally had great wingers - Kanchelskis, Coppell, Ronaldo, Giggs etc etc Now we have Young who can't go past a defender and can't cross, Valencia is a shadow of the player he was two years ago and now seems too scared to take anyone on and has had his best games at right back - Nani can't stay wide What excites me is Zaha who I saw a lot of on the tour - big, strong, has great pace and just loves to take people on (the player Bebe should have been :D ) - still raw but the fact he's been named in the CL squad means he's not going out on loan - certainly needed considering the injury record of Young and Nani last couple of years Adnan is another talent - I know his proper position is attacking midfield but he has the pace and trickery to be a great winger as we saw today and on the tour - obviously coincidence that he makes his first team debut 50 year to the day as a certain Irish chappie - if he is half as good as Best I'd be happy - TBH he reminds me more of Giggsy :) Fellaini showed straight away what he brings to the team - aerial strength all over the pitch - a real handful during set pieces and can help out defending corners - he'll score a few too No Kagawa today - yet another excuse (mild flu) - he needs to play and soon I like Anderson - had so much potential but looked so nervous today and was probably expecting to be replaced after about five minutes - his passing was poor and got intercepted two or three times and even fell arse over tit with no one near him - too many chances and TBH not even an effective squad player anymore We were solid at the back too which was a bonus Nice to see two United players with dodgy headgear :lol

Re: Manchester United v Crystal Palace > Sat 14th September

TBH it was never going to be a "easy game" IMO we got a dodgy pen and didn't think it was a red either with a man covering but Moysie will take that any day (never seems to happen against big teams though) Finally figured out what United's problem is - the club has traditionally had great wingers - Kanchelskis, Coppell, Ronaldo, Giggs etc etc Now we have Young who can't go past a defender and can't cross, Valencia is a shadow of the player he was two years ago and now seems too scared to take anyone on and has had his best games at right back - Nani can't stay wide What excites me is Zaha who I saw a lot of on the tour - big, strong, has great pace and just loves to take people on (the player Bebe should have been :D ) - still raw but the fact he's been named in the CL squad means he's not going out on loan - certainly needed considering the injury record of Young and Nani last couple of years Adnan is another talent - I know his proper position is attacking midfield but he has the pace and trickery to be a great winger as we saw today and on the tour - obviously coincidence that he makes his first team debut 50 year to the day as a certain Irish chappie - if he is half as good as Best I'd be happy - TBH he reminds me more of Giggsy :) Fellaini showed straight away what he brings to the team - aerial strength all over the pitch - a real handful during set pieces and can help out defending corners - he'll score a few too No Kagawa today - yet another excuse (mild flu) - he needs to play and soon I like Anderson - had so much potential but looked so nervous today and was probably expecting to be replaced after about five minutes - his passing was poor and got intercepted two or three times and even fell arse over tit with no one near him - too many chances and TBH not even an effective squad player anymore We were solid at the back too which was a bonus Nice to see two United players with dodgy headgear :lol
Sorry to say, but I can't help but disagree with many of your points (also a United fan). I didn't at all think the penalty was dodgy, it was certainly there - the red card, however, IMO was not. The only legitimate dispute of the penalty was whether it was within the box or not. I agree with the winger comment, United has always dominated due to it's strong wing attack - however, I thought Young really showed something last night - and I really loved the combination of RVP, Rooney and Young pushing forward hard - we looked a lot stronger once we got going. I definitely disagree with your "Young who can't go past a defender and can't cross" comment - perhaps you're referring to Valencia? Young looked the most dangerous on the pitch attacking IMO. Loved Adnan's game, he set the game alight - great potential in the young man. Fellaini looked promising, and we definitely need Kagawa to have a run, ASAP. Once again I definitely disagree with the Anderson comment, however, it is strictly your own opinion. I was begging for him to be brought off, perhaps a few years ago I saw promise in him - but he looks unfit and a fraction of the player that United would usually field - very poor game. Incredibly solid at the back, no real worrying signs - bring on City!