** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

CL - Group stage draw, Monaco, 29. August

So, here we are; some great derbies in the months to come; Barca vs. Milan once again; Group D looks tricky... Group A Man. United (ENG) Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR) Leverkusen (GER) Real Sociedad (ESP) Group B Real Madrid (ESP) Juventus (ITA) Galatasaray (TUR) København (DEN) Group C Benfica (POR) PSG (FRA) Olympiacos (GRE) Anderlecht (BEL) Group D Bayern (GER) CSKA Moskva (RUS) Man. City (ENG) Plzeň (CZE) Group E Chelsea (ENG) Schalke (GER) Basel (SUI) Steaua (ROU) Group F Arsenal (ENG) Marseille (FRA) Dortmund (GER) Napoli (ITA) Group G Porto (POR) Atlético (ESP) Zenit (RUS) Austria Wien (AUT) Group H Barcelona (ESP) Milan (ITA) Ajax (NED) Celtic (SCO)

Re: CL - Group stage draw, Monaco, 29. August Given these groups a few bets are looking pretty good to me: Atletico to win group G @ 2.5 Betvictor Would have expected Atletico to be around evens here. IMO Zenit are a really overated team who seem to rely on Hulk a lot and I just can't see them causing Atletico too many problems. Porto have lost a few of there best players in the summer and could struggle in this group and it should be pretty inevitable that Austria Wien finish bottom whilst I do think they'll give it a good go. Man Utd, Chelsea and PSG to win groups (treble) @ 4.6 Betvictor United and Chelsea are always tough teams for anyone in the champions league so they should both get through safely. In uniteds group I think there main challenger will be Shakhtar, but losing a few of there top quality players over summer could see it swing uniteds way. Sociedad could pose a threat but Man U's champions league experience should see them through and I don't think Leverkusen will have the quality to beat them either. Chelsea will be strong under mourinho and defensively they should be really tough to break down. There group looks pretty weak and they are, understandably big favourites. With Mourinhos CL experience this group should be a walk in the park. PSG could surprise a few people this year in the champs league. They've made some quality signings that could see them really contend this year. They could make a real statement of intent by winning this group, which I think they'll do pretty comfortably. Van persie top scorer in CL @ 18/1 Looks very big to me considering his form and the group United are drawn in very happy with the price here.

Re: CL - Group stage draw, Monaco, 29. August Nice reasoning on the qualification bets. I think Atletico will surprise a few people in the UCL but I took them in a long multiplier simply to qualify (to be explained in my next post). Man United should win their group - Moyes' introduction to the UCL doesn't seem too difficult. Chelsea should easily win their group. PSG are the worry for me - I have them to win their group also, but their early form under Blanc in the French league has hardly been inspiring.