England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Aug 17

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 17 August 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Aldershot Town v Cambridge United (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 23/10 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/10 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]109.17 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Alfreton Town v Salisbury City (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/10 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 23/10 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]109.17 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Braintree Town v Kidderminster Harriers (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 23/10 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/10 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]109.17 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Chester FC v Woking (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 17/20 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 14/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]110.38 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] FC Halifax Town v Dartford (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13/10 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9/4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 15/8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]109.03 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Gateshead v Barnet (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6/4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]109.71 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hyde FC v Hereford United (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 17/10 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9/4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]109.47 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lincoln City v Forest Green Rovers (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 15/8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9/4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13/10 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]109.03 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Luton Town v Macclesfield Town (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8/13 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5/2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]109.53 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Nuneaton Town v Southport (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 15/8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]108.14 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Tamworth v Wrexham (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 23/10 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/10 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]109.17 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Welling United v Grimsby Town (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 15/8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9/4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13/10 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]109.03 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Aug 17 Halifax v Dartford Fair play to Halifax who came of the back of a nightmare Sunday to beat Wrexham 3-2 on Tuesday night. Now granted Wrexham had a man sent off which helped and Halifax did allow them to get back into the game in the second half, but it was still a cracking effort. Whilst that game was going on Dartford were having a bit of a nightmare evening in Aldershot where they ended up losing 3-0. I was hoping Adam Birchall was going to make the difference and I still think he will be a danger man for Dartford, but I just wonder if they might struggle away from home this season which was a bit of a sticking point last season. I think Halifax are capable of finishing above Dartford this season and if they can keep Birchall quiet then they pick up another three points. BetVictor’s 29/20 offers some value in my opinion. Luton v Macclesfield One of the teams who remained constant in how they performed in their first two games was Macclesfield who lost to both Nuneaton and Lincoln in their first two games. I think they will remain on zero points after Saturday as they face the much tougher task of going to Kenilworth Road. Luton weren’t at their best when losing to Southport on day 1, but ran out comfortable winners against Salisbury on Tuesday night and I am expecting the same sort of story here. Obviously Luton are odds on, but I think there is value in backing them on the handicap as Paddy Power are going 2/1 they win by overcoming a goal deficiet. Welling v Grimsby The home side must have seen their first three fixtures back in the Skrill Premier and wondered what they had done to deserve it, but they were very unlucky to lose at Wrexham, whilst on Wednesday they got a great point against Cambridge United. They now host Grimsby although they should have nothing to fear given Grimsby have not looked that scary themselves in their two games so far. They were awful against Aldershot and despite winning against Gateshead, they didn’t perform that well. Welling hosted Grimsby in the FA Trophy last season and were very unlucky not to at least get a replay or even win. It seems to me Welling have played a fair bit better than Grimsby have so far this season and given Welling have had this very strong home record for a couple of seasons now, I think they can get their revenge for that unlucky defeat last season. BetVictor’s 9/4 looks very much on the big side to me.

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Aug 17 I'm still taking it quietly on the spreads at the moment, but I've bought total goals in Welling/Grimsby at 2.45 with Spreadex. Grimsby were better against Gateshead and they have a set-up that works well away from home, although they are looking as if they haven't found a solution to their soft underbelly. Welling have been superb so far, especially on the front foot, and they are the sort of neat and tidy outfit who can cause the more industrial performers some problems, though they are not the most reliable defensively. The signing of Harry Beautyman by Welling from Sutton adds to the goals potential of the fixture and I think there is a reasonable chance of a profit on this trade. Addpea's points about Macc tomorrow are good ones. John Askey is still bedding the side in and they've so far looked all over the place with a 4-3-3 - in theory, and attacking formation. They may decide to pack the midfield for the trip to Luton but I don't think they've the personnel to fight a 90-minute siege and there have to be question marks about the pace of the individual defenders. Had this been later in the season I might have bought Luton supremacy or sold the time of the 3rd Luton goal, but a sell of the second at 71 with Spreadex is a good compromise on risk and return.

Just an update on Wrexham. Two new signings have received international clearance (and what a farce that is) meaning that we are no longer quite as light at centre back. That should make us stronger defensively. Together with the cb a winger who has been with us for weeks will also go into the squad, and both players have played in preseason friendlies and know our system. At Halifax midweek the makeshift defence played hoofball, got a man sent off and went in 3-1 down after 45. Second half we kept it on the floor and deserved a point, especially as a stonewall penalty appeal was turned down. I am not suggesting a punt on us today, but expect improving performances in the next few games. Sent from my HTC One X using PL Forum

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Aug 17 Totally agree here - I am a Halifax fan and was at the game on Tuesday. We were totally outplayed second half against ten men but couldn't see the penalty appeal clearly from where I was sat. Just a note though, I think tiredness played a part late in the second half given that we played 70 mintues on Sunday with nine men as well as being part time. Also, the fact we were winning 3-1 at a point probably let to us sitting back and protecting what we had rather than attacking and losing goals on the break. Quite impressed with Wrexham (and their fans) on Tuesday but it doesn't cover up what a difficult season it will be for us. I think after the first few games have been played and the euphoria of being back in the Conference has died down I don't see us beating the top teams at home due to the gulf in quality but all Aspin's teams over the last for years have worked hard and I believe this will gain us points on its own as it did Tuesday.

Just an update on Wrexham. Two new signings have received international clearance (and what a farce that is) meaning that we are no longer quite as light at centre back. That should make us stronger defensively. Together with the cb a winger who has been with us for weeks will also go into the squad, and both players have played in preseason friendlies and know our system. At Halifax midweek the makeshift defence played hoofball, got a man sent off and went in 3-1 down after 45. Second half we kept it on the floor and deserved a point, especially as a stonewall penalty appeal was turned down. I am not suggesting a punt on us today, but expect improving performances in the next few games. Sent from my HTC One X using PL Forum