Capital One Cup > Tue 27th August

Aidymac

A few more I fancy to go the distance with higher league clubs tonight. Apologies about the shortened summaries but time is of essence! All both to score. Firstly Rotherham V Villa. Rotherham have shown this season they know where the back of the net is and while I expect Paul Lambert to play as strong a squad as he can, defensively they still aren't great and I can see the Millers nicking one. But in the main I agree Villa should be too much here, and they'll certainly look at the League Cup as a competition they can win. Stoke V Walsall and Stanley V Cardiff are the other two I like the look of. No idea where the bookies get their odds from but both short priced favorite prices look like a car cash waiting to happen to me. Both Stoke and Cardiff normally always struggle in the cups to lower league sides and both Stanley + Walsall have enough about them to nick a goal along the way. Certainly Walsall have impressed this season when most expected them to fall after moving a lot of players on in the summer. I was looking at Stevenage as well but I came to the conclusion that they're pretty poor travellers, especially scoring goals. Everton look good on the handicaps as they've been pretty ruthless over the years against lower league sides. Everton - 2 is around 1.80, which is just about acceptable. I don't think they'll be resting players either.

Re: Capital One Cup > Tue 27th August Stoke -1 AH v Walsall@ 2.00 Bet365 (6 Points) Stoke have put a pretty strong side out tonight which should be well capable of progressing. Not only that, I know that the club is keen to progress with another cup run having got to the fa cup final 2 seasons ago. Hughes will also be desperate to get the win here to put a bit of confidence in the players and not least himself being new to the club and having arrived with a mixed reception. What'smore., Stoke are only priced slightly shorter than Forest to beat Milwall and Watford to beat Bournemouth. And we are playing a side 2 leagues below us at home whilst they are playing teams from their own division. That can't be right. I know Walsall have been looking ok this season and I'm not ruling out the possibility of an upset. But all things considered, I think this is a fair price on the premier league side and if Stoke do win, I think there is a good chance of winning well. With the stake refund ed the event of winning by just the 1 goal, I think it's well worth chancing in the Potters at even money..

Re: Capital One Cup > Tue 27th August Source: AVFC website VILLA: Steer, Vlaar, Okore, Bennett, Bacuna, El Ahmadi, Westwood, Agbonlahor, Delph, Benteke, Weimann. Subs: Guzan, Clark, Helenius, Herd, Sylla, Tonev, Lowton. ROTHERHAM: Shearer, Skarz, Arnason, Frecklington, Revell, O'Connor, Bradley, Milsom, Pringle, Morgan, Agard. Subs: Collin, Brindley, Hylton, Tubbs, Tidser, Rowe. Really strong side out for Villa today, hopefully they will deliver :ok

Re: Capital One Cup > Tue 27th August

I was looking at Stevenage as well but I came to the conclusion that they're pretty poor travellers, especially scoring goals. Everton look good on the handicaps as they've been pretty ruthless over the years against lower league sides. Everton - 2 is around 1.80, which is just about acceptable. I don't think they'll be resting players either.
Apparently Everton are making some changes. Kone and the Spanish lad from Barca starting up front and Robles, the GK making a debut too. I still think they should win easily, but would rather see how the game develops and place a live bet.

Re: Capital One Cup > Tue 27th August Benteke Team first scorer is 3.10 on Bet 365 Seems huge seeing as him to score 2 is shorter than this, and anytime is a measly 1.50 Anyone else taking this?

Dunno what side bournemouth will put out but zola made 9 changes for the previous round against bristol rovers and bournemouth looked good first half in the league against us. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
I write this as we are 1-0 up but zola has rung the changes 9 made again Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

A few more I fancy to go the distance with higher league clubs tonight. Apologies about the shortened summaries but time is of essence! All both to score. Firstly Rotherham V Villa. Rotherham have shown this season they know where the back of the net is and while I expect Paul Lambert to play as strong a squad as he can, defensively they still aren't great and I can see the Millers nicking one. But in the main I agree Villa should be too much here, and they'll certainly look at the League Cup as a competition they can win. Stoke V Walsall and Stanley V Cardiff are the other two I like the look of. No idea where the bookies get their odds from but both short priced favorite prices look like a car cash waiting to happen to me. Both Stoke and Cardiff normally always struggle in the cups to lower league sides and both Stanley + Walsall have enough about them to nick a goal along the way. Certainly Walsall have impressed this season when most expected them to fall after moving a lot of players on in the summer. I was looking at Stevenage as well but I came to the conclusion that they're pretty poor travellers, especially scoring goals. Everton look good on the handicaps as they've been pretty ruthless over the years against lower league sides. Everton - 2 is around 1.80, which is just about acceptable. I don't think they'll be resting players either.
Not as good as Tuesday for me. Stanley were poor, very poor. Congrats to those that backed Villa :clap Everton battered Stevenage :(

• 3 weeks later...