** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Ligue 2 - 2nd - 4th August

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 2 August 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AC Arles-Avignon v Le Havre AC (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.05[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.02 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Chamois Niortais v Troyes AC (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.12 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Clermont Foot v Tours (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.85[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.20 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Metz v Stade Lavallois (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.08 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Istres v Angers SCO (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.62[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.05[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.63 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]LB Châteauroux v Stade Brestois 29 (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.68[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.39 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Nîmes Olympique v Créteil (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.05[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.08 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]SM Caen v Dijon FCO (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.44 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 3 August 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AS Nancy v AJ Auxerre (13:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.63 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 4 August 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]RC Lens v CA Bastia (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.78 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Ligue 2 - 2nd - 4th August Three bets for me on opening night. - LE HAVRE 0AH (away at Arles Avignon) @ 2.11 with sbobet Like the look of Mombaerts' men this season. They've only really lost Mendy from the side that finished last season so well. Mesloub, Bonnet and Riviere carry a big goal threat too and their midfield is stable. ACA look average to me and although they don't lose many at home, they are susceptible. Full draw cover essential, but HAC look backable. - METZ -0.5AH (home to Laval) @ 2.00 with sbobet Big chance for les messins to start off life in L2 with a win. Laval look weak - so many changes from the team that has consistently done so well for years in this league. Stade Saint-Symphorien will be buzzing for the first match and in Sakho and Ngbakoto in attack, they have goals in them. Fancy them to start with a win - NIMES -0.5AH (home to Creteil) @ 1.99 with sbobet Nimes are my dark horse for promotion. They've lost Benezet to Evian, but they've strengthened the midfield and still have Gragnic, who scores a lot of their goals. Creteil were promoted last season, but don't have an inspiring squad on paper. I expect them to be better at home. Les crocos for the win again.

Re: Ligue 2 - 2nd - 4th August Caen - Dijon : pick 1 Caen side: There is no important absent in the squad. Dijon side: Important players like defenders Varrault, Souprayen and midfielder Baradji are suspended. Midfielder Achour and forward Tavares are other absents.

Re: Ligue 2 - 2nd - 4th August I like Nimes and Metz also; furthermore i can see that Benezet is in the squad today , mayebe he will play? Metz is very full of confidence, and at home they should be very strong. Creteil was very good last year away, but level of 2nd League is not like National, NImes at home is usually very strong and i like more this win than the Metz one.However i will play singole on Nimes and a double with Nimes 1x and Metz 1. Then a combo with 2 of Troyes, 1x of Caen, over 1,5 Nimes, 1x Nancy , x2 leHavre, 1 Lens. Gl to all...

Re: Ligue 2 - 2nd - 4th August At first sight Nimes was my tip too, but they didnt win a singl game in preparation, 3 draws and 2 lost, that's concern me a bit... Metz should be home win, they have good team and I saw meatmen preview he rates Lavala to relegation zone that convince me even more to take Metz -0.5 ah. Good luck to everyone

Re: Ligue 2 - 2nd - 4th August And I wrote one post but in other thread, League 2 preview, but want to writte here again, meatman and Atko best betting duo I ever seen, thank you a lot, it is real plasure to follow your tips from French 2

Re: Ligue 2 - 2nd - 4th August Arles – Le Havre Team news Arles are near enough at full strength here and the only injury of note is to winger Teji Savanier. New signing Omrani is unavailable but overall the squad seems in good condition. Le Havre are in an even better position and miss nobody of note. Only young winger Geoffrey Malfleury is injured, and he’d have only warmed the bench anyway. Verdict This looks like a fairly tough match to call. Its the first game of the season so both sides will likely be cautious. If I had to say who is more likely to win, then I’d go for Le Havre, but I think Arles have to be respected in this fixture. I see a low scoring match which will probably end in a draw. Prediction:- Arles 1-1 Le Havre Betting recommendation – None Caen – Dijon Team news Caen miss Jean Calve and Faycal Fajr, who aren’t included in the squad (potential transfers out of the club soon). Lenny Nangis is on U19 duty whilst Nabab will only start from the bench. Montaroup is left out of the squad by choice of the coach. Caen have announced their XI here and it includes a few players out of their natural positions. Dijon also have selection problems and the key defensive duo of Souprayen and Varrault are suspended. Their best midfielder Baradji is another who is banned. Finally, their key striker Julio Tavares is injured. Verdict Both teams won’t be lining up at full strength and the key question is who will cope with their respective absences better? I’d say Dijon’s losses are more vital though so I give Caen a slight edge. I think they will just win this match, but their odds are so poor that betting simply isn’t an option. Prediction:- Caen 2-1 Dijon Betting recommendation – None Chateauroux – Brest Team news Chateauroux have Fernando Neves suspended, whilst midfielder Amara Baby is left out of the squad for unknown reasons. Kevin Afougou is not in the squad either which means they will have to use the very inexperienced Bain and Obiang in defence. They have a sprinkling of other injuries which are less important. Brest’s main losses here are in defence where Mendy and Martial are injured. Ismael Traore is left out by the choice of the coach and it looks like the young and inexperienced Timothee Dieng will start. But they are at full strength in all other areas of the field with no absences of note elsewhere. Verdict I expect Chateauroux to have a poor season and even though they only miss a few players today, they’re already weakened. This is especially the case in defence where Brest should be able to take advantage of them. I can see this being an open game because Brest themselves will be most vulnerable in defence. But if they can find someone to hit the back of the net tonight i think they will win. Playing on an artificial surface is perhaps a slight worry, but Brest have played Lorient enough times in recent years to be used synthetic. Prediction:- Chateauroux 1-2 Brest Betting recommendation:- Brest +0.25 @ 1.90 Betvictor 4/10 Clermont – Tours Team news Clermont are in good condition here and their only real absence of note is striker Gregory Bettiol who’s injured. New signing Hamdi isn’t included, but crucially key hitman Mana Dembele is in the squad, despite him being linked with a move elsewhere soon. For once, Clermont don’t have injuries in defence, which makes a change! Tours are missing centre back Xavier Thomas, their other main absentee is left winger Chavalerin. Verdict I do have a feeling it’ll take Tours some time to settle this season. A few of their players in the squad tonight have been at the club for less than 2 weeks, which isn’t an ideal situation. For once, Clermont look in good condition injury wise and this could be key. Vital striker Dembele will be eager to put on a show for potential clubs who are interested in him, and overall I favour Clermont here. Prediction:- Clermont 2-0 Tours Betting recommendation:- Tours -0.25 @ 1.97 SBObet 4/10

Re: Ligue 2 - 2nd - 4th August I see Lens have good odds for home win. Lens is the title candidate and Bastia is supposed to fight for avoiding relegation. I want to ask if enthusiasm is big in team of Lens. Are they ready to start the championship with a good performance?

Re: Ligue 2 - 2nd - 4th August Istres – Angers Team news Istres dont include new left back Vincent Le Goff in their squad, I’m not sure if he’s injured or not. It looks like Bocognano will be starting at LDEF tonight. Istres also don’t include new Brazilian Matheus Alves, likely due to a lack of fitness. However, their other Brazilian Rafael Assis is in the squad. Istres are at full strenghth otherwise and look in pretty good condition. Angers have massive problems in defence and have 3 injuries to regular starters – Boyer, Diallo and Angoula. The back four will line up with Konate, Henin, Thomas and Bouka Mouto in it, which is fairly weak in all honesty. Key defensive midfielder Olivier Auriac is also missing, although the big news is that El Jadeyaoui is in the squad. He is continually linked with a move away from the club so he could either be really motivated or not be so bothered here. Finally, Richard Socrier is injured, but he’s not much of a loss IMO. Verdict I really fancy Istres to win this match and there looks to be some decent value on them, despite their price having already crashed. Angers’ defence looks pretty poor to me tonight and the potential is there for Istres to take advantage of it. Add in the fact that Auriac is also missing for the visitors and that El Jadeyaoui might not be completely motivated. Istres are always a dangerous team to be on because they are so unpredictable, but I think they are underestimated here and can deliver the goods. Prediction:- Istres 3-1 Angers Betting recommendation:- Istres -0.25 @ 2.02 SBObet 4/10 Metz – Laval Team news Metz look to have a very strong looking defence tonight and they include new signings Choplin & Marchal in the squad. Guido Milan is a long term injury, whilst new midfielder Romain Rocchi is suspended. Metz have no other key injuries and the vital attack duo of Sakho and Ngbakoto are both in the squad. New Laval singing Ben Djemia will be playing for the reserves this weekend, presumably either because he isn’t fit enough or Laval already think he’s a transfer bust. Their only injury is Sebastien Renouard (surprise surprise), sadly the man never seems to be fit! Verdict This is a big match for Metz tonight, at home and their first game back in Ligue 2. They are facing a very beatable opponent so really have to target the 3 points. I think Metz will do alright this year, whilst Laval look to be one of the poorer teams, although they are at near enough full strength here. Overall I think Metz will win but I can’t be backing them at odds on. Are they really 2 classes better than Laval? The odds would suggest this but I’m not so sure they are. There just isn’t enough value on Metz for me, although I do expect them to get the 3pts. Prediction:- Metz 1-0 Laval Betting recommendation:- None Nimes – Creteil Team News Nimes miss key defender benoit Poulain here, whilst midfielder Ogunbiyi is another absentee. New striker Benmeziane is still injured and not fit enough yet. Apart from that, Les Crocos don’t have any other concerns. Creteil’s squad is in fairly good condition. They are a little light in midifeld because Djellilahine and Lafon both miss out, but neither is a massive player for them. New signing Cedric Collet isn’t included in the squad due to a lack of fitness. Verdict Realistically, Nimes should win this game and if they are serious about doing well this season then its the sort of fixture in which they need to get 3pts. Overall I do think they’ll win, but I’m reluctant to bet on them. I think the bookies have this match priced up pretty fair – Nimes @1.90 is about right IMO. My past experience tells me to be very careful when taking on newly promoted teams at the start of the season, especially national ligue winners. Creteil are a bit of an unknown quantity to me, so I’ll give this one a miss. I wouldn’t want to put off anyone thinking of backing Nimes though, they are definitely the classier team. Prediction: Nimes 2-1 Creteil Betting recommendation:- None Niort – Troyes Team news Niort have a few injuries here, the first of whom is to defender Frederic Bong. Midfielder Jimmy Juan is another absentee along with key striker Jerome Lafourcade. Winger Luigi Glombard is also on the sidelines along with new signing Florian Martin. Troyes have a number of problems themselves. As usual, the defensive duo of Drouin and Saunier are injured, Florian Jarjat joins them on the sidelines and Fabrice N’Sakala although included in the squad is carrying a knock. In midifeld, Thiago Xavier is injured whilst Granddi Ngoyi is on his way out of the club. Young star of the attack Corentin Jean is missing, whilst Sebastien Grax is injured and Yoann Court suspended. Verdict This is a tough match to call because a lot of key players are missing for both teams. Troyes still have some quality in their ranks, but this is never an easy place to travel to. I expect this to be a tight affair, Niort matches are never usually particularly exciting. I see something like a 0-0 draw, or maybe Niort might sneak it 1-0. Its not a match I fancy betting on because I’m unsure. Prediction:- Niort 0-0 Troyes Betting recommendation:- None

Re: Ligue 2 - 2nd - 4th August Atko and Meatman real professional way of preview, we must learn from them! .I have used very low stake because i cannot feel confidence with anything at beginning of an unpredictable League like this, and like many Others.

Re: Ligue 2 - 2nd - 4th August

Caen - Dijon : pick 1 Caen side: There is no important absent in the squad. Dijon side: Important players like defenders Varrault, Souprayen and midfielder Baradji are suspended. Midfielder Achour and forward Tavares are other absents.
Caen - Dijon 3-1 :p

Re: Ligue 2 - 2nd - 4th August Nancy – Auxerre Team news Nancy’s two injuries are in midfield, to Karaboue and Mangani who would’ve both started. The interesting news is that Yohan Mollo is included in the squad. Somehow he remains at the club although a pending transfer is surely upcoming soon. Quite how motivated he’ll be, I’m not sure. Auxerre are also in a similar position with Adama Coulibaly, who had all but left them to go to Lens, but failed a medical. He is still likely to leave before the end of the transfer window though, but is included in the squad today. Rudy Haddad is injured whilst new signing Frederic Sammaritano isn’t included due to a lack of fitness. The big Auxerre news is that key striker Georges N’tep is suspended. Verdict Auxerre have been in a bit of a mess pre season and there have been many negative vibes coming from them in recent weeks, especially from coach Albert Casoni. Sometimes this can be a smokescreen though and a team can suddenly perform well when it really matters. Nancy have to deal with the recent departure of Sebastien Puygrennier, whilst a couple of important midfielders miss out too. This game could depend on what sort of mood Yohan Mollo is in. Will he go out there trying to impress potential suitors, or will he just be moody and not really bother? Overall, I favour Nancy to get the win, but I wont bet on them. I just don’t see Auxerre being much of a threat upfront with N’tep ruled out. One goal may well be enough to see Nancy prevail, but the bookies seem fairly clued up here and Nancy @ 1.85 ish seems about a fair price. Prediction:- Nancy 1-0 Auxerre Betting recommendation:- None