UEFA Womens Euro Sweden 2013

Re: UEFA Womens Euro Sweden 2013 Italy Women v Denmark Women Saturday 13th July 17.00 Once again, looking at the latest shots on target stats, I think Italy are good value against Denmark. I would have Italy as favourites, but they are the longer odds, so I think they are worth backing - Italy Women DNB 3.0 NordicBet

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Womens Euro Sweden 2013

Italy Women v Denmark Women Saturday 13th July 17.00 Once again, looking at the latest shots on target stats, I think Italy are good value against Denmark. I would have Italy as favourites, but they are the longer odds, so I think they are worth backing - Italy Women DNB 3.0 NordicBet
Italy was not impressive at all. Denmark on the other hand played one great match against Sweden. They kept the pressure on the whole match their condition was impressive. Very strong in duels so Italy should expect one hard match. However, I do not think Denmark should this short. They lack a striker so a draw is most likely.

Italy Women v Denmark Women Saturday 13th July 17.00 Once again, looking at the latest shots on target stats, I think Italy are good value against Denmark. I would have Italy as favourites, but they are the longer odds, so I think they are worth backing - Italy Women DNB 3.0 NordicBet
Result: Italy Women 2 Denmark Women 1 Bet won :ok I saw most of the game. I thought Denmark were easily the better side in the first half, controlling possession and looking strong. Italy were hardly in the game, but they went closest to scoring when they had a goal disallowed for a narrow offside just before half time. Only Denmark's shooting was letting them down. In the second half, Italy started looking much more confident and started dominating play. They hit the bar, then took the lead a few minutes later and got a second. Denmark got a goal back with 20 minutes to go and pressed for a winner but Italy held on. The key difference between the two sides was probably the strikers - Italy have two older experienced strikers, who were confident in front of goal, and Denmark looked a bit uncertain in comparison.

Re: UEFA Womens Euro Sweden 2013 I think germany is capable of playing better football. They are quiet young and were too nervous in the first game. On uefa.com I read that Thóra Helgadóttir is a doubt in goal for iceland. Iceland lsot 1-6 ina friendly vs. sweden and got a bit lucky vs norway. I think if germany finds into the game with more confidence we could see the next big win. They only won two times 1:0 vs iceland recently. To beat the hc-3 I would get 4.0 odds.

I think germany is capable of playing better football. They are quiet young and were too nervous in the first game. On uefa.com I read that Thóra Helgadóttir is a doubt in goal for iceland. Iceland lsot 1-6 ina friendly vs. sweden and got a bit lucky vs norway. I think if germany finds into the game with more confidence we could see the next big win. They only won two times 1:0 vs iceland recently. To beat the hc-3 I would get 4.0 odds.
You're unlucky with this one. Germany, especially in second half, were impressive. Some decent changes to score but they didn't. Outright for Germany around 2.60 which could be interesting. France & Sweden are the major contenders and Spain & Italy as outsiders. Germany has a really good midfield and they should be able to control other teams.

Re: UEFA Womens Euro Sweden 2013 I'm sometimes surprised at the mistakes made by broadcasters. Just watching the start of England Women v Russia Women on BBC2, and the BBC presenters and commentator are describing it as a 'must win' game for both sides, when the reality is that either team could qualify from the group on 4 points as a best 3rd placed team. The more important thing for both these teams today is for them to avoid defeat.

Re: UEFA Womens Euro Sweden 2013 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 16 July 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Denmark Women v Finland Women (19:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.33[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.96 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sweden Women v Italy Women (19:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.37[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 10.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.76 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 17 July 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Germany Women v Norway Women (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.33[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.36 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Netherlands Women v Iceland Women (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.54[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 18 July 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] France Women v England Women (19:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.61 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Russia Women v Spain Women (19:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: UEFA Womens Euro Sweden 2013 Some interesting games coming up. Tonight (Tuesday 16th July), Sweden and Italy meet knowing that they both qualify with a draw. I got a similar idea wrong for the Under 20 World Cup group stage, but this time UEFA are saying it on their own website ... http://www.uefa.com/womenseuro/news/newsid=1971854.html#how+quarter+finalists+will+decided There could be value backing a draw in this game at odds of 5.0 or more, or perhaps under 2.5 goals at odds of over 2.5. But I think the better bet may be in the other game involving Denmark and Finland. Denmark have looked the better side in the group games, but they have struggled in front of goal and I think their odds are too short here and there is value opposing them. Both these sides really need to win the game to stand a decent chance of qualifying, and I think there is probably value backing Finland and 'overs'. The best value, I think, is backing Finland for a surprise win, which although unlikely is more likely than the very long odds suggest - Denmark Women v Finland Women Finland Women DNB 9.0 Bet365

Some interesting games coming up. Tonight (Tuesday 16th July), Sweden and Italy meet knowing that they both qualify with a draw. I got a similar idea wrong for the Under 20 World Cup group stage, but this time UEFA are saying it on their own website ... http://www.uefa.com/womenseuro/news/newsid=1971854.html#how+quarter+finalists+will+decided There could be value backing a draw in this game at odds of 5.0 or more, or perhaps under 2.5 goals at odds of over 2.5. But I think the better bet may be in the other game involving Denmark and Finland. Denmark have looked the better side in the group games, but they have struggled in front of goal and I think their odds are too short here and there is value opposing them. Both these sides really need to win the game to stand a decent chance of qualifying, and I think there is probably value backing Finland and 'overs'. The best value, I think, is backing Finland for a surprise win, which although unlikely is more likely than the very long odds suggest - Denmark Women v Finland Women Finland Women DNB 9.0 Bet365
It sounds like an overish game.. http://www.uefa.com/womenseuro/season=2013/matches/round=2000175/match=2010725/prematch/preview/index.html#jeglertz+backs+finland+outgun+denmark both have to win. Denmarks defender: "I'm expecting a tight, nervy opening to the game, with both teams giving very little away. However, as the game goes on, it will open up, especially if one of us is still in with a chance. I'm sure everyone will be giving everything at the end," said Ørntoft, who vowed her side would not betray the 'Danish way'; an insatiable desire to retain possession and attack with purpose. "I expect us to keep the ball and attack tomorrow, because otherwise we would not be playing the way we are used to." 1,6 for the over 2,5 sounds good imo. finnland will want to score a goal which might open them up. This could end in a very open game..

Not strictly true ... "If Denmark draw with Finland they will remain in the competition if ..." (it depends on other results) http://www.uefa.com/womenseuro/news/newsid=1971854.html But both teams stand a much better chance if they win, so I think they will be going for the win, and I think could be quite a few goals.

Some interesting games coming up. Tonight (Tuesday 16th July), Sweden and Italy meet knowing that they both qualify with a draw. I got a similar idea wrong for the Under 20 World Cup group stage, but this time UEFA are saying it on their own website ... http://www.uefa.com/womenseuro/news/newsid=1971854.html#how+quarter+finalists+will+decided There could be value backing a draw in this game at odds of 5.0 or more, or perhaps under 2.5 goals at odds of over 2.5. But I think the better bet may be in the other game involving Denmark and Finland. Denmark have looked the better side in the group games, but they have struggled in front of goal and I think their odds are too short here and there is value opposing them. Both these sides really need to win the game to stand a decent chance of qualifying, and I think there is probably value backing Finland and 'overs'. The best value, I think, is backing Finland for a surprise win, which although unlikely is more likely than the very long odds suggest - Denmark Women v Finland Women Finland Women DNB 9.0 Bet365
Result: Denmark Women 1 Finland Women 1 Bet void Denmark completely dominated the majority of the game, outclassing and outpassing Finland. But they only managed one goal (although it looked as though they had another wrongly disallowed). Finland lacked quality themselves, but they were a threat from set pieces, and they equalised from a corner in the last few minutes. On the general play, Denmark easily deserved to win, but it's goals that count.

Re: UEFA Womens Euro Sweden 2013 Germany Women v Norway Women Wednesday 17th July 17.00 UK time Both these countries have now qualified from group B, so they do into this game with little pressure. It will interesting to see if either or both teams 'rest' players for this game. I think a German win is very likely, probably by a few goals. But this time I will wait until the teams are confirmed by UEFA (on uefa.com) before finalising any bet. If both teams are little changed, I think there is value on Germany at current odds.

Re: UEFA Womens Euro Sweden 2013 Germany Women v Norway Women As far as I can see from the line-ups on uefa.com, Germany have made two changes, one of which was enforced by a suspension, but Norway have made six changes. It looks as though the Norway coach is not too bothered about this game and is more interested in resting players. Germany on the other hand are committing their best players here, and they were impressive beating Iceland 3-0. The odds have dropped a little on this news, but only a little and so I think Germany are very good value. I think there is a very good chance that they will win by two goals or more, and they could conceivably win by, say, 4 or 5. There was already a gap in class between the sides, and this is likely to greater with Norway resting players. I am going to risk recommending two bets, one low risk and one high risk: Low risk: Germany -1.5 AH 2.0 Bet365 Stake: 10 points out of 10 Germany -3 AH 6.25 Bet365 Stake: 5 points out of 10

Germany Women v Norway Women As far as I can see from the line-ups on uefa.com, Germany have made two changes, one of which was enforced by a suspension, but Norway have made six changes. It looks as though the Norway coach is not too bothered about this game and is more interested in resting players. Germany on the other hand are committing their best players here, and they were impressive beating Iceland 3-0. The odds have dropped a little on this news, but only a little and so I think Germany are very good value. I think there is a very good chance that they will win by two goals or more, and they could conceivably win by, say, 4 or 5. There was already a gap in class between the sides, and this is likely to greater with Norway resting players. I am going to risk recommending two bets, one low risk and one high risk: Low risk: Germany -1.5 AH 2.0 Bet365 Stake: 10 points out of 10 Germany -3 AH 6.25 Bet365 Stake: 5 points out of 10
Result: Germany Women 0 Norway Women 1 Bet lost Total stake: 15 points Total return: 0 points The stats I had pointed out to a likely German win by several goals, and the case was strengthened when I heard Norway were resting six players. I was envisaging something similar to last night's Sweden v Italy game when Italy rested players and Sweden won 3-1. But for the most part, Germany struggled to create many chances and Norway worked hard all over the pitch defending all areas and offering a fair amount of goal threat themselves. Norway's goal was deflected, but they certainly deserved something from the game for their work-rate and effective attacking. After impressing against Iceland, Germany were disappointing.

Re: UEFA Womens Euro Sweden 2013 France v England: With Hope Powell expected to make changes, there's a decent chance that Toni Duggan will get a start after playing well and scoring the equaliser when she came on against Russia. I think she'd be eminently backable at 4/1 anytime with Skybet. I've also bought Jordan Nobbs' goal minutes at 4 with SPIN. A less likely starter perhaps, but the bet would be void if she's on the bench. I've backed her before in club games. Both have a goalscoring record that makes me believe those prices are a little generous. I also don't agree with SPIN's and Hills' logic in making France favourites to get most bookings in the game, given that England are deserved underdogs to win the game, have the greater need, have committed more fouls than France in their 2 games so far and outgained them on yellow cards by 3 to 0. You could back England to get most cards at 21/10 or the first or last card at 29/20, but I favour backing them to get 2 or more cards at 3.04 by dutching 16/5 for 2-3 cards and 10/1 for more than 3.

France v England: With Hope Powell expected to make changes' date=' there's a decent chance that Toni Duggan will get a start after playing well and scoring the equaliser when she came on against Russia. I think she'd be eminently backable at 4/1 anytime with Skybet.[/quote'] Very good odds if she starts, not so sure if she doesn't

Re: UEFA Womens Euro Sweden 2013 Interesting games tonight. France Women v England Women France have already qualified. England definitely qualify with a win, and could be in with a chance if they draw - but they are sure to try for the win. France are a better side, but England's motivation to win should be a lot higher. Will France rest players, and if so how will the replacements do? The stats say that France are good value at just under evens, but England have a fairly good record against France and you could imagine them managing a narrow win. No bet for me. Russia Women v Spain Women Spain are the better side here. They need a point, and Russia a win (although like England a draw could still give them a chance). This game could be more competitive than the France v England one with both sides needing something. No bet for me.

Re: UEFA Womens Euro Sweden 2013 France Women v England Women Toni Duggan starts so I think all these are very good value with Skybet. Duggan looked good as sub against Russia, going very close and then scoring the equaliser. She's probably the most likely to score if England do manage a goal, and conceivably could score more than one ... Duggan anytime 5.0 Duggan to score a brace (i.e. 2) 34.0 Duggan to score a hat trick 151.0 Duggan first goalscorer 12.0 Duggan last goalscorer 12.0

Re: UEFA Womens Euro Sweden 2013 You beat me to it! Was just about to confirm she starts. I've just taken the anytime at 4/1 and 2 or more at 33/1. Her goal minutes can be bought at 12 if anyone wanted to back her in that way. I'd equate that to closer to 7/2 anytime though, so am happy to take the fixed odds approach.

France Women v England Women Toni Duggan starts so I think all these are very good value with Skybet. Duggan looked good as sub against Russia, going very close and then scoring the equaliser. She's probably the most likely to score if England do manage a goal, and conceivably could score more than one ... Duggan anytime 5.0 Duggan to score a brace (i.e. 2) 34.0 Duggan to score a hat trick 151.0 Duggan first goalscorer 12.0 Duggan last goalscorer 12.0
France totally outclassed England. Duggan looked bright and hungry but didn't really have a proper chance, such was the gap in quality between the teams. France dominated Russia for most of the game, and then tailed off in the last 20 minutes and Russia dominated and scored. I thought England might dominate the last 20 minutes, but it didn't really happen. I'm not sure how much of this difference was down to France and how much was down to England.

France totally outclassed England. Duggan looked bright and hungry but didn't really have a proper chance' date=' such was the gap in quality between the teams. France dominated Russia for most of the game, and then tailed off in the last 20 minutes and Russia dominated and scored. I thought England might dominate the last 20 minutes, but it didn't really happen. I'm not sure how much of this difference was down to France and how much was down to England.[/quote'] Sorry - for reference the result was France Women 3 England Women 0

Re: UEFA Womens Euro Sweden 2013 I think England were very poor but France were excellent and not flattered by the result. Annoyingly, England got the only card in the game, meaning the first, last and most cards bets would have landed but the one I actually placed (2 or more) didn't!

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 21 July 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sweden Women v Iceland Women (14:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 18[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.95 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Italy Women v Germany Women (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.15 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 22 July 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Norway Women v Spain Women (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.12[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.30 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] France Women v Denmark Women (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.53[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: UEFA Womens Euro Sweden 2013 I had a look at Iceland and Spain. In the Iceland game I think there could be value on Iceland but there's limited information on Sweden because they qualified as hosts, so it's more risky. In the other game though I think Spain are good value ... Norway Women v Spain Women The shots on target stats from the earlier games suggest possible value on Spain here. Just like Spain's mens team, Spain Women hold the ball so well they are hard to beat. Norway have looked very strong defensively but will Spains superior ability be a decisive factor here? I would certainly make Spain favourites, so I think there is value backing them. Spain AH0 2.28 188Bet

I had a look at Iceland and Spain. In the Iceland game I think there could be value on Iceland but there's limited information on Sweden because they qualified as hosts, so it's more risky. In the other game though I think Spain are good value ... Norway Women v Spain Women The shots on target stats from the earlier games suggest possible value on Spain here. Just like Spain's mens team, Spain Women hold the ball so well they are hard to beat. Norway have looked very strong defensively but will Spains superior ability be a decisive factor here? I would certainly make Spain favourites, so I think there is value backing them. Spain AH0 2.28 188Bet
Result: Norway Women 3 Spain Women 1 Bet lost Well deserved win for Norway. Spain played the more attractive passing football, but Norway were much more effective at both ends of the pitch. They looked dangerous in attack and closed down the space to make it hard for the Spanish attack. Spain struggled to defend when Norway attacked. I think I got this one wrong :p

Result: Norway Women 3 Spain Women 1 Bet lost Well deserved win for Norway. Spain played the more attractive passing football, but Norway were much more effective at both ends of the pitch. They looked dangerous in attack and closed down the space to make it hard for the Spanish attack. Spain struggled to defend when Norway attacked. I think I got this one wrong :p
The expert on Eurosport just mentioned something important ... "It's reached the latter stages of the tournament where good defending is what matters" Norway's defence was at least as important as their attack in this game. I think remembering the importance of defending is a good lesson when evaluating possible value.

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 24 July 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sweden Women v Germany Women (19:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.37[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.93 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 25 July 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Norway Women v Denmark Women (19:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.06 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]