** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Flat Racing - Friday 28th June

I have looked at a couple of races tomorrow and thought I would share my views (albeit briefly!). 9.10 Newmarket - Gladiatrix 5/1 >Bet365 BOG - BBOTD Probably not my smartest move in going up against a strong favourite who has beaten my selection the last two times they have met, but on both of them occasions I think Gladiatrix drew the unlucky straw and hopefully tomorrow it will be the other way around. At Sandown she was a very close 3rd when drawn horribly in stall 13. She tucked herself behind the main pack before challenging down the wide outside whereas the favourite got a nice run up the inside rail just behind the eventual 2nd before coming through late on. Then LTO both horses started making their moves at the same time and where as both the 1st & 2nd got a clear run out wide, Millman's filly was picking up nicely before getting severly hampered as her jockey tried to get through a gap, at which point it was race over. The jolly does come out on top of my ratings but with a clear run I can see Gladiatrix going very close tomorrow. 8.40 NMK - Patriotic 7/1 SkyBet - 13/2 Various This looks an interesting race. 2 progressive looking horses at short prices, 1 previously solid handicapper returning from a spell over obstacles and my selection who is a somewhat frustrating sort. Both 3yo's do have something to prove in the best race that either has contested whereas Patriotic looks a solid contender who has been running better than his form figures suggest and with a few horses likely to give him a tow into this race he could be quite a nice price. The form of his 3rd to Zeyran over shorter has worked out well and he has previous form behind Beaumont's Party and Rye House. Each occasion he was picking up a little late. Certainly not one for much confidence but not out of it at the prices. 7.45 Newcastle - Lady Gibraltar 9/1 Paddy Power This horse looks like she is slowly finding her feet this season with her 3rd to Kingsgate Choice (York Glory 2nd) looking solid where she finished best of those who raced prominantly at what I consider to be a hold up style track. She probably will have to improve again but she does have the scope to do so and its worth mentioning that there seems to be a lot of speed on her side of the draw so hopefully she can race just behind those before coming through to strike. Jiroft comes out just on top of my ratings (although they are a little skewed based on his only two runs in this country) but if he is held onto for longer then he might be a big threat, albeit slightly shorter at 8/1 (William Hill). 8.15 Newcastle - Snooky 13/2 BetVictor & PP. This is another interesting race where a few have chances. The favourite is currently the 3yo Elnadwa who ran well over 7f LTO recording a solid time in the process but she may have trouble against the older horses especially considering that last run didnt suggest the step up in trip would suit. Snooky has done well on the whole this season. He missed the break before coming home strongly FTO at Ponty recording a good time in the process, before bolting up at Yarmouth in a race run to suit (albeit form worked out solidly). He then got stepped up in trip LTO which didnt seem to suit (faded in the last furlong) and now he looks to have a good shout back down at a mile. The unknown quantity in the race is Dos Amigos who looked progressive last season but bombed out on his first run this year, but if that was just a one of blip then the 10/1 available underestimates his chances.