Friends Life T20 2013

kevshat

Re: Friends Life T20 2013

Any views on Glamorgan v Glos ? I'm thinking of value with Glos here for a few reasons - they hammered the same team last week ( minus Simon Jones admittedly)' date=' Glos have had a rocket from the boss re playing for their careers so they won't be turning up to make up the numbers and Glamorgans boss did an interview paraphrased as 'we won't bottle it' which in my view makes it more of a possibility ! Glamorgan overseas North has been very poor and slow scoring compared to Klinger. I expect a slow wicket and if Glamorgan bat first Glos should chase it down. * * * * I'd avoid the nothants match as they likely to rest players and worcs are without Russell so no bet there for me. In the other match i fancy somerset but not at odds on. I may dabble in running on that if they drift.[/quote'] Super shout on Gloucs :)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any views on Glamorgan v Glos ? I'm thinking of value with Glos here for a few reasons - they hammered the same team last week ( minus Simon Jones admittedly)' date=' Glos have had a rocket from the boss re playing for their careers so they won't be turning up to make up the numbers and Glamorgans boss did an interview paraphrased as 'we won't bottle it' which in my view makes it more of a possibility ! Glamorgan overseas North has been very poor and slow scoring compared to Klinger. I expect a slow wicket and if Glamorgan bat first Glos should chase it down. * * * * I'd avoid the nothants match as they likely to rest players and worcs are without Russell so no bet there for me. In the other match i fancy somerset but not at odds on. I may dabble in running on that if they drift.[/quote'] Excellent call mate. Terrific price too given the winning margin :clap.

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 I would rather Pettini wasnt to be honest Kev...Always comes in too early and starves the better batsman down the order of time in the middle I class him alongside Max Waller of Somerset...How those two ever made county level is beyond me! It really is :unsure Look forward to the preview :cow

I would rather Pettini wasnt to be honest Kev...Always comes in too early and starves the better batsman down the order of time in the middle I class him alongside Max Waller of Somerset...How those two ever made county level is beyond me! It really is :unsure Look forward to the preview :cow
He'll be fine if he gets injured during the first ball. Seems to play better when he's injured :lol.

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 Very true Kev...I went to Somerset vs Essex in the quarter final couple of years back at Taunton and watching Pettini face Albie Morkel was like watching a boy Vs a man and hes not even that sharp!! He looked so late on every ball. He comes off 1 in 10 and should be a number 6 not a bloody opener or top 3...He either gets out reaaaaally early which puts massive pressure on the others or comes in during the middle phase leaving Foster and Napier with 3 overs lol

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 31 July 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Essex v Surrey (19:10 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.84 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.16 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hampshire v Middlesex (19:10 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.72 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.37 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.24 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sussex v Kent (19:10 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.82 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.40 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 Wednesday TV preview: 5pts Essex to beat Surrey 4/5 Betfred When these two sides met at The Oval earlier in the competition Surrey had both Ponting and Maxwell and Essex eased past them and I expect another Essex win here. They look an awful lot stronger with the bat and the likes of Napier, Tait and Masters all bowl well at Chelmsford, helped out by a passionate crowd. Surrey’s lack of depth with the bat could come back to haunt them here as I fancy Essex in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/essex-vs-surrey-betting-essex-can-seal-a-home-quarter-final-with-a-win-over-surrey

Few more for me. On way to Rose Bowl so no huge write ups. 4pts Essex Highest 1st 6 Overs Evs Bet365 Essex go hard at the top of their innings with the bat but its with the ball I like them most. Tait has been very economical this season. He'll bowl two of the overs and Napier will also bowl two so Surrey may struggle with the bat early on. Hamish Rutherford has got Essex off to flyers this season and so they look a good bet to lead through six overs at even money. 1pt A.Mahmood Top Surrey Batsman 8/1 Coral Azhar Mahmood is Surreys most aggressive batsman down the order and the only natural boundary hitter which is important at Chelmsford. With Ponting, O'Brien and Maxwell elsewhere this Surrey side lack batting quality. Mahmood could even move up as high as 3 here so at 8/1 he's a value punt this evening. 4pts Hampshire to beat Middlesex 7/10 Bwin Hampshire thrashed Middlesex a couple of weeks ago and I see no reason why they can't win tonight. Middlesex must win but I'm not convinced about their bowlers. Hampshire have a good attack and their batting line up are good in this format. They can win without Carberry but if Carberry comes off tonight then it'll be as comfortable as the reverse game. Hampshire showed the other night they are determined to keep their momentum going and they can do that with a win this evening. Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using PL Forum

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 6 August 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Surrey v Somerset (16:15 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.91 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.98 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Northamptonshire v Durham (19:10 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.86 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.22 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 7 August 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hampshire v Lancashire (19:10 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.62 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.56 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.79 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 8 August 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Nottinghamshire v Essex (19:10 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.90 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 1st QF preview: 4pts Somerset Most 6s 10/11 Boylesports This is a really tight quarter final and I wouldn’t like to call it either way. One bet I do like though is for Somerset to hit the most sixes. We’ve seen all through the tournament how Surrey have a lack of aggression with the bat and not many are going to hit sixes off Alfonso Thomas or Yasir Arafat. With the bat Somerset have six hitters all the way down their innings and Surrey have a number of medium pacers who can go, as Essex showed here earlier in the comp. At 10/11 Somerset to hit the most sixes looks good to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/surrey-vs-somerset-betting-somerset-s-big-hitters-can-trouble-the-crowd-more-often-than-surrey

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 2nd quarter final preview: 4pts B.Stokes' Performance Pts - 32&Over 5/6 Bet365 I think the prices for this quarter final are about right but one thing which isn’t right is Ben Stokes’ performance line. It is 32 and over and that looks too low to me. But for running out of overs against Derbyshire, Stokes will have covered this line in Durham’s last four matches in this tournament and there is no doubt his return to form with the bat was the catalyst for Durham’s improvement in results. Stokes is a big player with bat and ball and he should have 32pts in him here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/northamptonshire-vs-durham-betting-ben-stokes-can-provide-the-spark-for-durham-in-quarter-final

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 Two more for the first QF. 4pts C.Kieswetter - Over 18.5 runs 4/5 Paddy Power Craig Kieswetter is the leading run scorer in the Friends Life T20 this season and has been in such good form that this line looks pretty low. It is usually a good wicket for the big matches at The Oval and I don't expect this one to be any different. Kieswetter is clearly in good form and he'll be able to spot all of Dernbach's slower balls having faced enough of them in the England nets. The way Kieswetter scores he won't take long to reach 19 if he gets there which is a good thing. The best thing about him this season is that he has clearly taken on the challenge of batting through the innings so we won't get none of those ridiculous straight up in the air shots before he plays himself in that dogged his England career. Given his form, in which he's covered this line comfortably in his last six innings, this line looks perfectly achievable to me. 1pt G.Wilson Top Surrey Batsman 8/1 Stan James Have gone at this before and not landed it but Wilson has been Surrey's best T20 batsman for the last couple of seasons and the best part about him tonight is he should be able to get in and face the lesser bowlers before the deadly Arafat and Thomas come back at the end. Wilson plays spin well and we saw him top score for Surrey on TV earlier in the season when they played Hampshire in the opening match. If Surrey are to put up a score of any note in this match without Ponting, O'Brien and Maxwell then the Irish international is likely to need to score a few here. He should be in at four or five which looks the best time to bat as Maddy and Evans showed for Warwickshire last week. That makes Wilson look a decent price here.

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 2 more for tonight's game. 4pts Durham Most 6s 7/5 Paddy Power Durham look to have more firepower in their squad for this match and because of that they look a big price to hit the most sixes here. With no Richard Levi for the home side it is only really Cameron White and Steven Crook who are natural six hitters for Northamptonshire. Even then White likes to get himself in before he goes on the offensive. Durham have genuine big hitters at this level in the form of Phil Mustard, Ben Stokes and Paul Collingwood while the likes of Muchall, Breese, Richardson and Stoneman can all biff the ball too. Although Azhar Ullah is in the Northants side he only really comes into his own at the death while David Willey may not be as effective bowling to four left handers first up. Durham will open with the hard to get away Onions and Rushworth and then the likes of Stokes is also hard to hit. I'm not convinced we'll see many sixes with the pressure that is on this game but of those we do see I think Durham are a great bet to hit the majority of them. 1pt S.Crook Top Northants Batsman 7/1 Ladbrokes I purposely didn't want to take one of the openers in this Northants line up because Onions and Rushworth are very accurate and hard to get away. It would be no surprise if Northants were two down early on. Onions will bowl his overs at the top though which makes someone down the order appeal much more. In Durham's last two matches in this tournament the opposing number six has top scored and that highlights what I've just said. Steven Crook will bat somewhere around there in this batting line up and given that we've already seen him top score on this ground on TV when Somerset were here he looks a very big price at 7/1.

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 Wednesday preview: 4pts M.Carberry Over 22.5 runs 4/5 Paddy Power Hampshire walloped Lancashire in the YB40 here but there is more pressure on this match and this isn’t a game to be taking short prices on. In that YB40 match Michael Carberry blasted 150 and he’s been in good form ever since so he should be capable of scoring 23 here. Only once in this tournament has Carberry not managed 23 and with the form he’s in and the fact he’s blasted this attack already this summer that looks a good bet to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hampshire-vs-lancashire-betting-michael-carberry-can-slaughter-the-lightning-bowlers-again

Two more for tonight. 4pts Over 7.5 6s 5/6 Sportingbet I was going to wait until I got down to the Ageas Bowl to place this bet but with it likely to be busy I'll take my chances now. I was there last week and it looked like the wicket which was being covered for tonight was a few wickets to the Shane Warne side of the ground. That would mean there will be a short boundary to one side of the ground. Even if there is no short boundary we've seen 11 6s in the last two matches here and they've been played in the middle. There are enough hitters on both sides to get eight sixes in this game and on what should be a good wicket I'm happy this one will land. 1pt S.Ervine Top Hampshire Batsman 8/1 Ladbrokes Sean Ervine top scored for Hampshire against Middlesex last week and hit the ball incredibly well. You could tell he was going to go well in that game just by his warm up as his range hitting was going into the crowd. He played equally as well in the Championship game in recent days too so here is a form man. Nobody scores quicker in this Hampshire line up so when he's in he'll be the one to watch. Ervine is a big game player and this is a big game so I expect him to go well at a big price here.

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 I must have aged 10 years during that match :lol. Thursday preview: 4pts R.Bopara's Performance Pts - Under 41.5pts Paddy Power Ravi Bopara is playing just as a batsman these days as he has a side injury and that means his performance line of 41.5 looks a little on the high side. In eight innings in this tournament so far his top score is 39 but his last four innings have yielded 7, 7, 15 and 6 so with him not bowling, unless he snaffles catches which can’t really be legislated for, this line could well be beyond him especially as he has been batting at four and five in this competition. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nottinghamshire-vs-essex-betting-ravi-bopara-might-not-have-the-impact-essex-would-like-in-quarter-final

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 Good night last night. Hoping for another one tonight. 3 more I like. 3pts Essex to beat Nottinghamshire 6/4 Stan James The law of average merchants will like this one as there hasn't been an away win in this round yet but I've never been a backer of such laws. I think Essex are overpriced here. It is true to say you don't quite know what Essex will turn up but if they can't be at their best for a game of this magnitude then they've got serious problems. If they are at their best they will be more than a match for Nottinghamshire in this game because their bowling attack is much the stronger of the two. Nottinghamshire have some insane power in their batting line up but we've seen all tournament that bowlers win these kind of matches unless scoreboard pressure comes into play. Essex bat deep and they generally bowl well and as long as Foster can get his overs in on time Essex look a big price to me to beat a Nottinghamshire side who haven't really convinced in their last half a dozen matches or so apart from the Lancashire thrashing. 5pts Over 8.5 6s 8/11 Stan James We saw in the last match on this ground how there can be a short boundary which can be pummeled. That was on the right as you look from the pavilion but I think this wicket will be on the other side so the shaved off boundary to the New Stand will be perfectly accessible in this game. The straight hits aren't that far anyway and with the power in these two batting line ups it is hard to see how this game won't be full of big hits. Big hitting has been a feature of the quarter finals so far and this one can live up with everything that has gone before. 3pts Highest Individual Score - Over 70 runs 11/4 Stan James It is nearly always a good batting wicket at Trent Bridge to allow their powerful batting line up to explode into life and I see no reason why they will change their tactics in this match. Nottinghamshire have the best top six in the country and all six can cover this line while Essex have clean hitters in Hamish Rutherford, Pettini, Smith not to mention the floating Napier who has the potential to go bonkers too. With a short boundary one side scoring clearly is very much in play and we've seen 50s in nearly every match on this ground this season. At this big a price I'll take the chance that a 50 can become a 71 or more for the third time in these four quarter finals.

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 17 August 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Northamptonshire v Essex (11:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.08 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.46 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hampshire v Surrey (14:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.74 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.46 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.12 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 Finals Day tomorrow, good times :) Just seen one I like: Top Finals Day batsman: Ryan ten Doeschate, 33/1 Ladbrokes I think this is a big price. 100 runs could win this, I think judging by that knock at Trent Bridge he has got them in him at the moment. He is not top of the run charts or anything like that but I think he can put a couple of explosive knocks together under pressure, which is probably what it will take to win this. You'd have to say there are factors against him here: Carberry, the fact he comes in down the order, also that Essex have never made it past the semi finals in this comp so on that basis he might only get one innings. Also looking for early Essex wickets, which may or may not come. But still, David Miller ( 119 ) won this market last year batting 5 for beaten finalists Yorkshire which provides an element of precedent. No e/w option on this particular market so I'll go half a point on Ryan to win. Also for those compelled to bet on the Mascot Derby with Paddy Power, I reckon Bomber the Spitfire is the call - costume doesn't include any extravagant headgear so visibility is good, and the legs are relatively unencumbered. Only a pair of comedy oversize shoes impede the runner. This is the closest Kent will come to winning anything this season, and at 7/1 this unexposed and progressive aeroplane can reward backers. :lol Best of luck to all, hopefully the rain stays away.