** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

virtual racing

sorry if mentioned before but did a search and nothing came up has anyone ever done any betting on the virtual racing offered by people like Paddy power or Blue Sq? is it a chance to use probability and odds to your advantage, without all the real life factors in horse racing? or just a way to transfer your monthly wages to the bookmakers? any thoughts?

Re: virtual racing I know the bookmakers wouldnt be stupid enough to have some sort of sequnce in odds of winners or the number of the winner, but has anyone ever done any research on this. Maybe certain race colours with specific odds wins alot?? I dont know because I never tried to find a system or sequence for the virtual horses. Was just wondering if anyone has ever tried to crack it.....I think someone might have done, can anyone let me know, it might be worth a little research. Aklthough like I said, you would think the bookies wouldnt be that stupid, but maybe the sequence of winners happens by accident and they dont mean for them to happen a certain way...but they might be an accidental sequence. Right thats me talking my duoble dutch...sorry for motoring on and confusing people if I have!

Re: virtual racing Imofferingbankers, I was thinkg along the same lines for example say you get races with a strong favourite say 4/6 and the next horse about 4/1 then without things like real life "going" the 4/1 shot might win more than the 1 in 5 races its odds suggest also if a second favourite horse is 4/1 and EW is quarter of odds, then that would leave evens for horse to place, which in a computer controlled race you would think would happen more often than 1 in 2

Re: virtual racing Ok long term this would obviously be stupid to try and make a bit from but if its anything like the V.racing in the bookies shops then the odd e.w bet on an outsider can come up trumps, i usually risk a couple of quid on the way home and outsiders seem to have been ok for me so far. Still best left alone though

Re: virtual racing I spent a year working at the bookies whilst they had the virtual racing. The amount of times people said they had some kind of system was ridiciulous. Yes, backing an outsider can make you a profit if you get lucky and pick the right one in the right race but same could be said about real racing. Its hardly a system. The virtual racing is a number draw disguised as a horse race to get more punters betting on it. You might as well play the 49's.

Re: virtual racing WFTE if I understand you right and its a number draw disguised as a horse race, then every horse should have same chance of winning, just like you have same chance of picking each number out. so if there is say 10 horses in a race, if you constantly back horses of 10-1 or better, you should make a huge profit. maybe I'm misunderstanding you, surely the bookies wouldn't have something where they set odds be as random as a number draw??

Re: virtual racing Yes and no. Its a number draw but the odds reflect how many numbers represent each horse. Rough example: Numbers 1-100 8 runners 5/4 = 1-40 2/1 = 41-65 4/1 = 66-75 4/1 = 76-85 8/1 = 86-91 10/1 = 92-95 15/1 = 96-98 20/1 = 99-100 Probably not mathematically correct but thats how it goes. So if the number draw comes out 65, 32, 99 then the places would be the 2/1, 5/4, 20/1. This is how we were told it worked when it was introduced anyway.