Fifa Under 20 World Cup Turkey 2013

Re: Fifa Under 20 World Cup Turkey 2013 USA didnt look that bad.. still france is very strong. might not be that high scoring affair... ----- Cuba looks inexperienced and nigeria looked fluent so I will side with nigeria here. As its for both teams important to win this I expect some goals here.. ----- Portugal is very strong and korea looked a bit nervous and not very targeted. I think this game has goals in it and Portugal to win. ----- Ghana didnt look very special vs france and i think spain will win vs them on a comfortable handicap. ---- I think there is a clear trend for teams which have players who do play reguarly top class football. All other teams are subsequent behind them. Obviously experience is a big factor!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Fifa Under 20 World Cup Turkey 2013 I tell you what, them Ghanians gave Spain one hell of a game tonight - very, very unlucky not to pick up atleast a point. If they can beat the USA (who also gave France a good game today) and sneak a best 3rd place, they could have a strong run if the luck of the draw is on there side.

Re: Fifa Under 20 World Cup Turkey 2013

I tell you what' date=' them Ghanians gave Spain one hell of a game tonight - very, very unlucky not to pick up atleast a point. If they can beat the USA (who also gave France a good game today) and sneak a best 3rd place, they could have a strong run if the luck of the draw is on there side.[/quote'] I saw parts of France v USA and Spain v Ghana and was impressed with all four sides. I agree Ghana looked strong and probably should have had a penalty at the end. USA v Ghana could be a good game with both sides needing something from it.

Re: Fifa Under 20 World Cup Turkey 2013 Uruguay have now shortened into 1.2 against New Zealand on Friday. Seems way to short. For me Uruguay have been very underwhelming. Even in their qualifiers they limped through. People think because Brazil and Argentina are not there and uruguay are then uruguay must be really good. But I dont think so. Admittedly New Zealand didnt have to do anything to qualify and were poor against Uzbecks. But they do have players from Derby and Burnley and a handful that play in the australian A-league which is a league that is improving all the time. So they are not a complete lost cause. Lay Uruguay 1.2

Re: Fifa Under 20 World Cup Turkey 2013 Turkey vs Columbia, the odds are very high on w2. At around 3 something, I know turkey has home advantage, but what about columbia? Arent they ex champions or something, do they have a strong team, the same as in Touloun few weeks ago? I really fancy a bet on C and Greece vs Mali. Any input?

Turkey vs Columbia' date=' the odds are very high on w2. At around 3 something, I know turkey has home advantage, but what about columbia? Arent they ex champions or something, do they have a strong team, the same as in Touloun few weeks ago? I really fancy a bet on C and Greece vs Mali. Any input?[/quote'] My play for Greece v Mali in 1-0, 2-0 to Greece. I'm not one for singles at short prices but if you fancy anything else Greece at 11/10 aren't a bad shout. Colombia didn't impress me in their opener v Australia the other day, the majority of their squad from Toulon has been retained.

Turkey vs Columbia' date=' the odds are very high on w2. At around 3 something, I know turkey has home advantage, but what about columbia? Arent they ex champions or something, do they have a strong team, the same as in Touloun few weeks ago? I really fancy a bet on C and Greece vs Mali. Any input?[/quote'] I've checked squad of Columbia in Toulon tournament, it's nearly same. And they entered final but 0:1 lost to Brazil.

Re: Fifa Under 20 World Cup Turkey 2013 Mexico v Paraguay Mexico are traditionally very strong in these team competitions and arrived here with high hopes, the squad contains six of the U17 squad which won the World Cup in 2011, winning all seven matches and scoring at least two goals in every match, beating France, Germany and Uruguay through the latter knockout stages. Four of those players started in the opener here against Greece and Arturo Gonzalez saw action from off the bench, Jonathan (Jorge) Espericueta won the Silver Ball at the U17 tournament, as runner up in the outstanding player award (actually, Mexico took all three top places) and looks to have progressed. He caused the Greeks a lot of problems and scored a stunning free kick, but it was not enough to stop the European side from recording something of a smash and grab 2-1 win. Mexico had dominated possession ( 60% ... it seemed more) and had 20 attempts on goal, with ten of those on target, in Espericueta and Jesus Corona they had the two top quality players on the pitch and on another night might have scored four, Corona, Briseno and Bueno, all missed "open" goals. If they have as many opportunities today, this can only go one way and I expect a very focused showing from El Tri, this is a talented squad and would run the risk of an early and shamefaced trip home should they fail to claim maximum points. Paraguay opened with a 1-1 draw against Mali, a match where they allowed the African side too many sights of goal, they arrived with a good reputation after finishing runner up in the South American Youth Championship, but they looked inferior to both Colombia and Chile to me there and have developed a very nasty habit of falling behind in games, that happened in six of their nine matches in the CONMEBOL event and also against Mali. There are only so many times you can do that and whilst it says plenty about their spirit, I do not think this hungry Mexican team will easily give up the points, if they edge in front this evening. I have the feeling the Mexicans might turn it on, so will opt to give up the bigger handicap. Mexico -0.75 now trading at 2.65 with Pinnacle

My play for Greece v Mali in 1-0, 2-0 to Greece. I'm not one for singles at short prices but if you fancy anything else Greece at 11/10 aren't a bad shout. Colombia didn't impress me in their opener v Australia the other day, the majority of their squad from Toulon has been retained.
I'll be following both games. From the goal highlights of Mali's first game, I think they could be a threat to Greece. It should be a good game anyway, with Mali in greater need of points.

Re: Fifa Under 20 World Cup Turkey 2013 Mali U20 0 Greece U20 0 Saw a fair bit of this. Defences were on top with both sides strong and effective at breaking up the play. Mali, needing the points more, looked hungrier for a goal, but their shooting was poor. Greece were more incisive and went close early in the second half. They took control of the game late on and maybe could have won, but seemed content to grind out a draw. I've noticed a lot of the teams who had disappointing results in the first round of games have 'bounced back' and done better than expected in the second round so far. It means there will be a lot of games with things qualification riding on them in the last round.

Re: Fifa Under 20 World Cup Turkey 2013 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 27 June 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Portugal U20 v Cuba U20 (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.13[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 10[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 31[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.46 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] South Korea U20 v Nigeria U20 (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.47[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.68 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Ghana U20 v USA U20 (18:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.32 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Spain U20 v France U20 (18:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.16[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 28 June 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Greece U20 v Paraguay U20 (16:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Mali U20 v Mexico U20 (16:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.04 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Australia U20 v Turkey U20 (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.25 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] El Salvador U20 v Colombia U20 (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 16[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.58 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 29 June 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Croatia U20 v New Zealand U20 (16:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.16[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]112.21 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Uzbekistan U20 v Uruguay U20 (16:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.83[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]112.46 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Egypt U20 v England U20 (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]112.10 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Iraq U20 v Chile U20 (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]112.70 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

One for tomorrow that might not last long; France are generally 5/2 to beat Spain' date=' but are 10/3 with Skybet and Boyles to win the group - which they will if they win the match.[/quote'] 13/5 best (and shortening) to win the game yet 10/3 in 3 places to win the group! I've taken the 10/3 because I think it's value.

13/5 best (and shortening) to win the game yet 10/3 in 3 places to win the group! I've taken the 10/3 because I think it's value.
I'd say France are good value for both bets - obviously to win the group is a better return :ok

Re: Fifa Under 20 World Cup Turkey 2013 Looking at the shots statistics and having seen some footage of all the teams involved, I think I can see some value in some of these games. Friday 28th June Greece U20 v Paraguay U20 Two hard-working defensive teams. Greece have looked effective at grinding out results Greece U20 +0.25 AH 1.99 Pinnacle Australia U20 v Turkey U20 Australia hard-working, Turkey inconsistent Australia U20 +1AH 2.0 SBOBet El Salvador U20 v Colombia U20 Colombia the better team, but I don't think the gap is as big as the odds imply El Salvador U20 +2AH 1.99 Pinnacle

One for tomorrow that might not last long; France are generally 5/2 to beat Spain' date=' but are 10/3 with Skybet and Boyles to win the group - which they will if they win the match.[/quote'] Having seen the teams I will re-iterate this. I fancied France to beat a full strength Spain team - let alone one with 5 changes!!!

Having seen the teams I will re-iterate this. I fancied France to beat a full strength Spain team - let alone one with 5 changes!!!
To say I am bitterly disappointed with the outcome of this bet would be understatement.

Looking at the shots statistics and having seen some footage of all the teams involved' date=' I think I can see some value in some of these games.[/quote'] Voting has finished and the results are in ... Result: Greece U20 1 Paraguay U20 1 Bet half won/half void (I read that a draw would guarantee that both sides qualified ... is it such a great surprise that a draw was the outcome ...) Result: Australia U20 1 Turkey U20 2 Bet void I saw most of this. Turkey got a late winner which I thought they probably deserved. They looked the better side and had a lot more attacks than Australia. Result: El Salvador U20 0 Colombia U20 3 Bet lost Last minute 3rd Colombian goal kills this one. Summary 10 points on each bet would have returned approximately 25 points from 30 points staked (15 points on Greece and 10 on Australia), meaning a disappointing 17% loss overall :cry

Re: Fifa Under 20 World Cup Turkey 2013 I've had a look at Saturday's final group games, and I think I can see some value in the odds on three of them ... Uzbekistan U20 v Uruguay v U20 As far as I can see, a draw will qualify both teams. When you have a group match with this as an option, the match often DOES end up with a draw. So the draw at odds of 3.4 with several bookies looks good value. If it's a draw, Uzbekistan would have 5 points and qualify by finishing first or second in the group. Uruguay would have 4 points, and according to the information on the wiki page, they would qualify as one of the four best 3rd-placed teams. I think there is also value on Uzbekistan and 'unders' goals here (as both teams are pretty good defensively and a draw would suit them), but overall, I think a draw is the best value bet at current odds - Draw 3.4 Various Egypt U20 v England U20 This is the qualification set-up as far as I can see. Egypt have to win by several goals to qualify as one of the four best 3rd-placed finishers. England need either a win or a draw of 3-3 or higher. So realistically both teams need a win, and Egypt need a win AND goals. It suggests goals in this game - I guess at least three. Egypt need at least three goals themselves. England could qualify with a 1-0 win, but if they take the lead, it's hard to imagine the game ending 1-0 with Egypt having to press forwards. From what I've seen, I don't think either team is particularly strong defensively. Over 2.5 goals 1.71 Pinnacle Iraq U20 v Chile U20 As far as I can see, a draw qualifies both teams. Both are on 4 points, so a draw would give them each 5. England could finish level on 5 points, but even if England finish above them both, 5 points is enough to qualify as a best 3rd-placed team. I think there is some value in Iraq and possibly unders goals, but overall the best value is probably the draw here at current odds … Draw 3.42 Pinnacle

Re: Fifa Under 20 World Cup Turkey 2013 ** Update on the above ** Just watching Uruguay beating Uzbekistan, I realised one mistake I made on the draw tips. In the Uzbekistan v Uruguay game, Uzbekistan had already qualified, Uruguay needed a draw (in fact they look as though they are heading for a win). In the second game, Iraq v Chile, both sides have already qualified. So the result is immaterial where qualification is concerned. I think that in this situation a draw is less likely than if both sides need a draw to qualify (which happens sometimes). So a draw isn't quite as good a bet as I thought. There MIGHT be better value backing Iraq on the handicap.

Re: Fifa Under 20 World Cup Turkey 2013 MPLouis what do you think of England -1 AH. I figured that Egypt will push for the win by a big margin to have any chance of qualifying, which England should exploit and win by more than 2 goals margin... If Chile and Iraq draw- England can win the group by winning by 2 goals margin

MPLouis what do you think of England -1 AH. I figured that Egypt will push for the win by a big margin to have any chance of qualifying' date=' which England should exploit and win by more than 2 goals margin... If Chile and Iraq draw- England can win the group by winning by 2 goals margin[/quote'] I think England will only be thinking about qualifying. But I'd suggest watching the game in-play if you can to see if you can see any value there.

Re: Fifa Under 20 World Cup Turkey 2013 Likely winners? Having seen some of each team, I think it's likely that the winners will come from the top European or South American teams, all of which are through ... Spain France Portugal Colombia Chile Uruguay All these have looked decent in defence and dangerous in attack to me. The other qualifiers are: Turkey Greece Croatia Nigeria South Korea Iraq Uzbekistan Paraguay Mexico England or Egypt I haven't seen much of Croatia or Nigeria, so perhaps they could be 'dark horses' ... but really I think it's pretty likely that one of the first six will win. It looks as though Spain's odds are too short at around 2.5 - I really think any of the first six sides could win it. All comments welcome of course !!

Re: Fifa Under 20 World Cup Turkey 2013 Once again, voting has finished and the results are in ...

Uzbekistan U20 v Uruguay v U20 As far as I can see, a draw will qualify both teams. When you have a group match with this as an option, the match often DOES end up with a draw. So the draw at odds of 3.4 with several bookies looks good value. If it's a draw, Uzbekistan would have 5 points and qualify by finishing first or second in the group. Uruguay would have 4 points, and according to the information on the wiki page, they would qualify as one of the four best 3rd-placed teams. I think there is also value on Uzbekistan and 'unders' goals here (as both teams are pretty good defensively and a draw would suit them), but overall, I think a draw is the best value bet at current odds - Draw 3.4 Various
Result: Uzbekistan U20 0 Uruguay v U20 4 Bet lost Uruguay were much the more effective side particularly once they got the lead.
Egypt U20 v England U20 This is the qualification set-up as far as I can see. Egypt have to win by several goals to qualify as one of the four best 3rd-placed finishers. England need either a win or a draw of 3-3 or higher. So realistically both teams need a win, and Egypt need a win AND goals. It suggests goals in this game - I guess at least three. Egypt need at least three goals themselves. England could qualify with a 1-0 win, but if they take the lead, it's hard to imagine the game ending 1-0 with Egypt having to press forwards. From what I've seen, I don't think either team is particularly strong defensively. Over 2.5 goals 1.71 Pinnacle
Result: Egypt U20 2 England U20 0 Bet lost I saw most of this one. Disappointing from both sides, both needing to win, but seemingly more comfortable defending than attacking. England had a lot more of the attacking while Egypt looked more comfortable on the ball. Things opened up gradually in the second half and Egypt took the lead 10 minutes from the end, then got another goal in injury time. But by the way they celebrated they probably didn't realise that it wasn't enough and they needed another. Ghana go through now.
Iraq U20 v Chile U20 As far as I can see, a draw qualifies both teams. Both are on 4 points, so a draw would give them each 5. England could finish level on 5 points, but even if England finish above them both, 5 points is enough to qualify as a best 3rd-placed team. I think there is some value in Iraq and possibly unders goals, but overall the best value is probably the draw here at current odds … Draw 3.42 Pinnacle
Result: Iraq U20 2 Chile U20 1 Bet lost Summary A 10 point stake on each bet would have returned 0 points from 30 points staked - a disappointing 100% loss :cry I think I made a mistake tipping draws. Three of the teams had already qualified so the 'both sides needing a draw to qualify' factor did not apply. The 'overs' bet on Egypt v England was a better one, but in the event the sides were too defensive for their own good and paid for it.

Re: Fifa Under 20 World Cup Turkey 2013 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 2 July 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Greece U20 v Uzbekistan U20 (16:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.77 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Spain U20 v Mexico U20 (16:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.43 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.65 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.09 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] France U20 v Turkey U20 (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.16 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Nigeria U20 v Uruguay U20 (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.68 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.68 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.04 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 3 July 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Croatia U20 v Chile U20 (16:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.52 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.78 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.23 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Portugal U20 v Ghana U20 (16:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.85 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.05 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Colombia U20 v South Korea U20 (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.17 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Iraq U20 v Paraguay U20 (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.28 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Fifa Under 20 World Cup Turkey 2013 Speaking of Portugal, as I'm watching all of the games: The main attraction is Bruma, a 18 year old boy from Sporting Lisbon who is being the player of the tournament alongside Jese and Deulofeu. Has 18 years old, less 2 than the usual, and already looks a notch above 99% of the players in this tournament. Has 5 goals and 3 assists, which is quite incredible. Team looks very dependent on him, however, and a good team that blocks his moves completely can make Portugal collapse. However, I can only see Spain and Colombia doing it. Still, this generation has a lot a talent in midfield and attack: João Mário is a central midfielder that reminds me of a mix between Pirlo and Scholes in the style of play. Very mature and great tactical mind. Tozé is a very creative player, knows how to get to the area. Tiago Silva is a supersub, however he should be a first team. Ricardo and Esgaio are good wingers as well. Aladje is a big striker, not great technically but knows how to score, and low physical defenders may face problems with him. The main problem is the defence. The GK is good enough, and Tiago Ilori will be a star, but the team processes on the back are awful. Portugal doesn't know how to control a match or to hold a lead as well, was winning 2-0 against Nigeria and 1-0 and 2-1 Korea and what happened? They drew 2-2. We got to win against Nigeria but they could have scored the 3-3... Still, I think Portugal may surpass 1/8 and 1/4. The team looks fully motivated, and has no problem in scoring goals and I think we will score at least one goal in every match we play. Ghana is strong, gave Spain and France some problems, but I think Portugal has the edge.

Re: Fifa Under 20 World Cup Turkey 2013 On the basis of the shots on target stats for the teams in the tournament so far, I think there is value backing Mexico, Uzbekistan and Ghana. Although the odds have come down in the last day or so, I still think they are value. Odds for 2-way bets: Spain U20 v Mexico U20 Mexico +1 AH 1.88 Pinnacle Greece U20 v Uzbekistan U20 Uzbek or Draw 1.75 Bet365 Portugal U20 v Ghana U20 Ghana or Draw 1.85 Bet365

Re: Fifa Under 20 World Cup Turkey 2013 2 bets on the Spain v Mexico game for me so far. I've bought Mexico's multi corners at 5.5 with Spreadex (they're the same price to sell with SPIN). They gained 23 corners in their 3 group games, 7 twice and 9 in the other. Spain conceded 17, 5 v USA, 10 v Ghana and 2 v France. Given Mexico's ability to gain corners I'm happy to buy when 5 corners could be enough for a profit. (Multi corners is 1st half corners gained x 2nd half corners gained.) I've also bought penalty goal minutes (aggregate time of all penalties scored) at 14 with the same firm. SPIN are 18 to buy. A bit speculative but ref Faghani has awarded penalties in 15 out of 47 non-domestic games I could find details for. I'd equate a buy at 14 to just over 3/1 for a penalty to be scored and wouldn't put anyone off a fixed odds bet at that price or better.

Re: Fifa Under 20 World Cup Turkey 2013 Had one more bet in the same game, over 50 bookings points at 3/1 with PP. The opening spreads had this game in for 42 points on which basis I'd expect the price to ybe no more than 5/2. Bet would have landed in one of each teams' 3 group games so, all things considered, it seems worth taking on in a quarter final of an international tournament.