Samba's Miserable Failure **Finished**

Samba_SamPa

Re: Samba's VAT Return **Ready to go** Samba's making a guest appearance on Paddy tonight as BrownSkidders :ok plSamba is out of action due to my Neteller secure ID having to be changed and me managing to lock my Paddy account by trying to 'fraudulently' deposit using the old one Go BrownSKidders :cheers :hope

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Samba's VAT Return **Ready to go** doubled with AT on Ace-high 2 spade board all in on turn versus..... dude with bot all but a flush draw!! Ridiculous lol Just need to learn to win the 7.5k pots from in front and lose the 3.5k pots lol

Re: Samba's VAT Return **Ready to go** So first hand after break I am in the BB and get dealt KK... good stuff, haven't seen a walk for ages on this table....... yup I get a walk 3 hands later I, raise before me, I have 99 and 15 bigs left, good reraise shoving stack, in it goes. Snapped off by Marcin with KK and double him up. Fair enough 3 hands later, back in the BB, 5 bigs left - 4 after my bb is in - I have QJ, min raise and all in before gets to me. Not folding 2 broadway cards with 4 bigs behind, call. QJ v AQs Queen on the turn hit us both, and puts 2 spades on table Now for the proof that somebody really us having a laugh at my expense just now... the river? The Jack I need!! But a spade!!! Couldn't make it up :wall

Re: Samba's VAT Return **Ready to go** I have 2 warring little darlings at the moment, dropping tonight's back to tomorrow, and finishing with 3 on Boyle tomorrow. Means I haven't got to play amid WW3 tonight, and I avoid the 6-man shizz on Paddy tomorrow. Will play the 5k at 7:30, the Deepstack at 9pm and the 2k at 10pm. Have updated the OP to show this. :hope :hope for some run fairly, not even run good, tomorrow and make at least your stakes back

Re: Samba's VAT Return **Ready to go** Cheers Bart, hope your back's on the improve? Actually, just thinking about things - the point of the staking was me playing value added tournaments, the ipoker 5k and 2k aren't that. More in keeping with the principle fo the value added requisite would be playing the $22 Boyle deep tonight, transfer everybody's shares of the 1st place prizepool (pma), then using the remaining $22 to play the same tourney next week rather than the 2 x $11 non-value added ones. Will transfer any monies won tonight as soon as they're available to do so, so there'd be no delay to the timescale for returns set out in OP, just we then get another crack at the $1k added next week too. It's my smallest one's birthday tomorrow, so I'll be impressing upon her the need for an early night so the birthday fairy has plenty time to come :) plus the Boyle Deep kicks off at 9pm, so there'll be no disruptions and warfare impeding us tonight :beer

Re: Samba's VAT Return **Ready to go** Steady away for the first hour, 53/139/161 at break, up to 5690 from 5000 start. One good hand, KK, early pos, x3 raise and all fold. Given I had raised pre- on two other occasions and person (who seemed over aggro fish) had made huge reraise both times, I did hope he would do so again, but he didn't. Really wanted to try and get into hands with him, but never had the ammo. He's moved table now :( though Ooblio has jumped into his seat, so still value to be had :moon

Re: Samba's VAT Return **Ready to go**

15 bigs at 2nd break, having lost some with JJ, raise 4 x bigs after 2 limpers. Limp call ftw though when flop comes AKx :wall Need a mental slap to put me right
I know you posted this a week ago, but I've only just read it. I'll do my best.:ok

Of course I know I know it was a good situation against the right villain. Not that that helps!! smh
Illustrated by the fact he's just lost his ~22k stack in the time it took me to take a couple of screenshots!!! :wall :wall

Of course I know I know it was a good situation against the right villain. Not that that helps!!
The villain was actually a slight favourite when the money went in. I'm happy to believe that he played other hands like a donk, but I don't think there's a lot wrong with the way he played this particular hand. Unlucky though. No way you couldn't get your chips in. [My best joke of the month in post #75, and nobody's noticed. :sad]

The villain was actually a slight favourite when the money went in. I'm happy to believe that he played other hands like a donk, but I don't think there's a lot wrong with the way he played this particular hand. Unlucky though. No way you couldn't get your chips in. [My best joke of the month in post #75, and nobody's noticed. :sad]
I just got your joke! Too subtle As for the hand, (I don't tend to fare well against people who are flushing (although he missed on this occasion)) obviously I didn't know what he had until they were turned over, but given his previous play - he arrived at the table followed by an abusive stalker he had obviously just KO'd in fortunate fashion :lol - he had played the 3 hands preceding my bust hand, unable it seemed to find a fold pre-flop, and leading out on the flop on all 3 of the hands, so the 'situation' was, I thought, good for me, given my holding and what the flop brought. 1 less spade to the flop and he would (probably hoho) have folded, and the other villain to the flop with 88 on the 7-high board likely wouldn't. C'est la vie I'm due imo, and that's nothing to do with living in Saltwell

It may have been a failure but not sure it was THAT miserable. Some of the stories from the tournaments were entertaining!! I would stake again as i am confident you are a decent player for what thats worth dude Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Samba's Miserable Failure **Finished** Well... it was a failure, and it sure as hell made me feel miserable :) @Bart - I think I lose heart less when it's not a staked misery. For all there's no pressure put on by the stakers as the stakee you naturally put yourself under pressure to make a profit. I tried not to let it affect how I naturally play, and don't think I did much if at all, and had some rotten luck and rotten situations along they way. @Dan - Cheers matey, means a lot :ok