DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's'

Danshot

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's' So yesterday I was right on the frustration / tilt edge and realised just how far I'm from playing my A Game , never helps my mindset when the heads up session starts off losing every hand to an opponent who was getting it in loose and hitting every time not sure if was wise to continue playing him as was getting it in good and know in long run I should be winning but thinking about it was having negative effect on how my temperament was. Gradually I had him figured out and got bit my money back before he decided to stop playing me, so was on a upward trend and seemed to stabilise again when back to losing about $10 instead of $30 before I finally call it a night back up about $6. I'm thinking about dropping back down to $1.50 instead of $3.50 and multi-tabling 6 Max STTturbo's instead as gives a bit my play but still utilises my main strength playing short handed , won't be mixing in any 9 handed STT because I don't feel I have a edge multi-tabling these and get bored 1 tabling them. Long run ahead here's hoping to hold it together :hope

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's' Yesterday evening almost ended in near disaster during a 78 game Hyper Turbo Head Up session , think installing HM2 flawed my thinking because I could actually see was running below EV and was getting frustrated clearly playing a game with that small a edge isn't a good idea when still grinding a micro bankroll , In the end pulled back a $40 loss into a $3 profit but could been so much better EV said in long run I should profit $36 more. Which should I pay more attention to the EV line or Win Line? Either way no heads up games for me tonight , going to just play a few the Sunday Freeroll's and maybe couple other MTTs and take it easy.

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's' Bankroll is slowly increasing despite the low volume , late yesterday evening had a good run in a 4 Max MTT never really in the danger zone till the closing stages when I found less spots and just had to nit it up and climbed a few places to 18th despite sitting 28th with 28 left but structure was so good most that time still had over 20BB , In the end when 3 handed on my table and chip leader on button opening I shoved AJ with 15BB and lose flip to pocket three's. Only played one MTT today just for fun $2.20 PLO/8 got off to a decent start but near to the bubble I made a huge error re-raising thinking I had nut low on turn with Flush Draw to try and scoop , turns out I actually didn't have nut low and missed the flush draw to leave me with half average , on the plus side held it together to get a rare cash in PLO/8 MTTs on stars I'm now 2 cashes out of 32 , hopefully that's just down to tidy sample though have looked at ways to improve my strategy and right now that is my main goal , Improvement and more improvement

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's' So picked up a small little bit of profit this week , been debating with myself whether to put in proper hours playing this game or keeping it to just playing for fun. Feels like it's been a rough run this week struggling to get hands to hold and not picking up the best selection of hands , but last night it lead me to tilt while playing on my Stars luckily the damage was minimal as when I did make the mistake of jumping level to get it back a bit I won both and loss only $9.50 which would probably ended up down anyways. Got the Micro Millions coming up again in just over 2 Weeks so that should be fun , always enjoy the structure of these and gets patience back in the system , determined to Final Table one of these despite the massive fields. Will try pick up a few Sat wins to these enough though cheap anyways the sat's are super soft and can use FPPs.

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's' TILT ALERT RULE NUMBER 1 from now on NO hyper turbo heads up I repeat under no circumstances for rest of this year. Sent myself into that annoying place today known as tilt , flips weren't going well particularly losing plenty of 60/40 type hands. Just ended up back in the head space where really hate being determined not to lose. Luckily I made withdrawals so the damage wasn't as severe as could of been. Total losses after a few comebacks ended up being $37.58 Back to MTTs for this evening and try chill out and accept how sometimes even playing our best doesn't always mean booking a winning session.

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's' PokerStars Hand #106247292863: Tournament #809967502, $3.32+$0.18 USD Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level V (30/60) - 2013/10/30 12:19:41 WET [2013/10/30 8:19:41 ET] Table '809967502 2' 2-max Seat #2 is the button Seat 1: Danshot89 (1350 in chips) Seat 2: vladovich (1650 in chips) vladovich: posts small blind 30 Danshot89: posts big blind 60 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to Danshot89 [Ac Ad] vladovich: raises 240 to 300 Danshot89: raises 1050 to 1350 and is all-in vladovich: calls 1050 *** FLOP *** [6s Js 5s] *** TURN *** [6s Js 5s] [8d] *** RIVER *** [6s Js 5s 8d] [7d] *** SHOW DOWN *** Danshot89: shows [Ac Ad] (a pair of Aces) vladovich: shows [6d 6c] (three of a kind, Sixes) vladovich collected 2700 from pot Danshot89 finished the tournament in 3rd place *** SUMMARY *** Total pot 2700 | Rake 0 Board [6s Js 5s 8d 7d] Seat 1: Danshot89 (big blind) showed [Ac Ad] and lost with a pair of Aces Seat 2: vladovich (button) (small blind) showed [6d 6c] and won (2700) with three of a kind, Sixes plus this one not sure if played it badly or just unlucky ....... PokerStars Hand #106250465935: Tournament #810007743, $6.85+$0.15 USD Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level I (10/20) - 2013/10/30 14:00:11 WET [2013/10/30 10:00:11 ET] Table '810007743 1' 2-max Seat #2 is the button Seat 1: Danshot89 (490 in chips) Seat 2: mrcool23 (510 in chips) mrcool23: posts small blind 10 Danshot89: posts big blind 20 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to Danshot89 [Kc Kd] mrcool23: raises 20 to 40 Danshot89: raises 40 to 80 mrcool23: calls 40 *** FLOP *** [Ks 6d 5d] Danshot89: checks mrcool23: checks *** TURN *** [Ks 6d 5d] [7h] Danshot89: bets 60 mrcool23: calls 60 *** RIVER *** [Ks 6d 5d 7h] [3c] Danshot89: checks mrcool23: bets 140 Danshot89: calls 140 *** SHOW DOWN *** mrcool23: shows [4c As] (a straight, Three to Seven) Danshot89: mucks hand mrcool23 collected 560 from pot *** SUMMARY *** Total pot 560 | Rake 0 Board [Ks 6d 5d 7h 3c] Seat 1: Danshot89 (big blind) mucked [Kc Kd] Seat 2: mrcool23 (button) (small blind) showed [4c As] and won (560) with a straight, Three to Seven

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's' So been playing my confidence back up with the same game I said I wouldn't play under any circumstances Heads Up Super Turbo's. Firstly this was not for tilt reason's I thought very hard about this and thought about if its playing heads up that's the problem it isn't it only when I used it as my go to game when chasing looses and its a game with such a thin edge your need to be focused which clearly not at my best when starting to let frustration kick in. I had the perfect opportunity to get back in trying out this theory as to make a withdrawal from Betsafe to Skrill you need a minimum $40 and I was down to $15 so took the opportunity to gamble a little and try a mini spin up mainly playing 2.75euro HU which is about $3.79 and managed to run fairly well and cross the line with relative ease. So yesterday as didn't really know how long felt like playing and also trying to play around eating and watching TV , wasn't going to hold focus for a well structured MTT decided to try pick up some FPP on Stars as was about 40FPP away from a $10 bonus , this time playing mainly $3.50 & $1.50 PLO or NL heads up managed to unlock the bonus and also pick up about $23 profit from the games as well , so pretty happy with my start to a happier month at the tables. Still looking to find a game where get put in big volume , I enjoy heads up turbo's but don't like mass grinding them so still looking to find my place , on the plus side resisting the cash games as don't think my strength lies there unless I put in lots of study.

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's' Not too much to report back took a day away from the tables Monday , and the 3 nights since then played a few MTTs without much luck couple of spots where didn't play optimally but after all this is 'The Micros' so is the best place to iron out any leaks and see plenty of weird lines that in game can seem weird. But most of my bust-out hands have definitely been in the cooler column so no real worries saving all my luck & run good for next week and the Micro Millions :rollin As a side while decreasing the volume playing starting to focus a bit more on study watching strategy videos , playing around with poker stove and will look to set-up my HUD and see if notice any help when playing , even at $3.50 level see a fair share of regulars especially on heads up tables.

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's' So been completely looking at my whole approach to the game lately and intending to turn it into something a lot more serious if I can , I know working off a small roll but think if can put in the hours on my chosen game I will be able to move up levels to where can make reasonable money. Right now been trying sessions of 50 HU's games played 113 (51 on Saturday & 62 Tuesday) over 2 session's with win-lose was 62-51 giving me a profit of $28.10 all at $3.50 level apart from 1 game where click $1.50 my mistake before changed filter. Realistically not going to be able to grind out big profits to live till hit $7-$15 levels at least , just had another rejection from job after initial telephone interview and it's made me even more determined to crave a career out for myself , and this is probably the most sensible time to give it a go while have no real commitments. I'm currently trying to get a full time staking partnership in these and hopefully that will drastically improve my results has will have more resources to move up and proper coaching to help improve leaks that I know are in my game right now. For now I hope to maintain a fairly upturn trend on my profit & loss :hope

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's'

Its good to see you keep going with this and I haven't seen you go on tilt for a while :) Good BR management, avoid tilt and keep learning and I am sure you will do well over time. Good luck :)
Thanks yes the tilt factor is massive difference in my approach to the game , if not feeling like in right mindset I know to only play freerolls and not get involved in anything that will effect my BRM. Have just got a staking for No Limit Hold Em' Micro Millions game so won't be playing heads up games till that is completed so wanted to keep my personal small BR separate. Though he doesn't stake for Variants despite probably being my better chance at nice score , but I might offer them games on here such as Badugi & 8-Game. Still learning plenty about strategies and concepts in poker that will continue to evolve my game which I think is helpful as its always adapting.

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's' Wow just reading back on the old threads just during last year , and hope I've changed the opinions of those that thought should brough bike or golf clubs instead and that play is not just seen as stupidity these days. Anyone changed their views ?? 2 interesting factors found out today that I actually now have a Hendon Mob result for a mammoth £47 at DTD , the winner in the £25 now has 6 WSOP cashes amongst other scores and second of all realised that the bald head chap who was on my table and came 4th was none other than Marcus Bebb-Jones ( google search him ) probably wouldn't have felt as comfortable exchanging table banter had I known.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's' So in the last week or so have been grinding out the Micro Millions and despite cashing 7 of about 20/21 events I only made a small profit but was good to play the games and always fun to have a schedule to stick with and maintain focus on selected games. Lately I have been very aware of BRM and staying away from tilt , so I feel that my biggest weakness seems to have evaporated which is great weight of my shoulders. Up top of my small profit of $20 I picked up in regular games , The Mission Week on Stars rewarded my with a $315 prize :nana Despite this I'm continuing to look for a long term backer which will allow me to grind high volumes and eek out some more profit and hopefully a even brighter 2014 :)

• 2 weeks later...

Will write a full update tomorrow , think I'm due to lay out some goals for 2014 and let that ugly monster called tilt enter today when running well below EV is probably not the time to take a shot out of BRM. Just want one shot but hey what happens happens right

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's' So been a frustrating few days still just about in profit this month , despite blowing $50 in $7 HU games don't think my play was effected to much as so still getting it in good or at least flipping just running below EV when taking a shot can be very annoying that was Thursday , then yesterday play 2 MTTs bubbling one with A8diamonds into 77 in Paddy Weekly Final and then bubbling a Final Table in 4 Max losing A9hearts vs A8off. Also moved away from Heads Up to 6 Max SnGs as thats where previous stats indicate I'm profitable and seems a less tilting game as get play more tables at once , looking ahead to a enjoyable rest of the months and got plans to make a more structured blog/thread for 2014 and beyond. Hoping we all end 2013 on a high note though :nana

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's' Well first part of having an ideal start to the 2014 plans is completed have found a backer for SnG's and will be concentrating on my progress there and giving me the ability to take more meaningful shots with my own roll for things such as sat's to Live or Larger Online Buy In's to stop it being a complete grind. So for now a small profit in December will hopefully find a decent result in Sunday Storm this weekend , Million Gtd prozepool with $150,000 for winner so highly suggest the rest of you take involved in that one too

• 4 weeks later...

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's' So ended 2013 with a lot more positive outlook about my game , I've yet to decide my complete direction for 2014 but it will hopefully be bigger and better than previous years :hope For now will be grinding a ton of 18 Man Turbo's on Stars as my main focus , and likely be setting myself lots of mini goals as this are often more realistic and attainable than inflated predictions of long term success. For now this thread will be quiet but when I have set up my blog I will post it in here for you to all look at. Thanks for the support and reading , hope you all have winning years and get your mojo's back and just enjoy this game , its not always easy but if we stick as a community and push & help each other improve the results will come for everyone.