DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's'

Danshot

• 1 month later...

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's' This year has been a profitable one at the virtual felt but unfortunately due to unemployment , its tough to justify 'gambling' larger sums and also when things don't plan out which can happen far more frequently then we all would like. So I'm dedicating my poker time to finding my inner warrior and battling too just maintain a winning line and hopefully a less swingy graph , partly due to running below EV when taking shots but I NEED to stop continuing to play under-rolled when tilting as above all else its like a dagger to my soul and hard to build back the confidence. I do have another thread running which focus's on my SNG grind on stars where my plan is to move up stakes and to not make any withdrawals until hit a certain point just to make sure get some reward if goes successfully. As for the idea of this Micro's is making a success of the low buy-in donkaments especially making the most of freerolls even if they are for peanuts its all plus EV , see lets beat them spewy tuna one step at a time (myself not included) :rollin

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's' Not much of note only played one MTT today and that didn't last very long a $2.20 on 88 with lasted all of 2 hands as late reg'd with 16BB , 2nd hand in Small Blind see limps from Cut-Off and Button and I have 88 know I decide this is a perfect shove spot with approx 1250 in middle and only 4500 behind , and figure most time get folds from big blind and limper's or at worst flipping with money already in the pot factored in the cut-off's K10off mucks though ahaha Anyways a note to self make sure reg'd early for Sky Timed Free-rolls , and looking to make the most of opportunity that Staking Section has provided and Ooblio kindly obliging :notworthy with a shot at 3 tourneys that out of my current bankroll circumstances not really playable even though feel confident in my game.

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's' Pretty horrific run of things on 888 decided to dabble a bit on No Limit Omaha 10c/20c Push/Fold tables have played No Limit Holdem at profit on these previous over small sample size but tonight I went all 22 times called 19 times most I had a slight equity advantage so should been at between 40% & 45% at guess as couple were 3 ways pre but surely not 18% , forming a loss of $13.57 , also won 1 SnG and lost in the $3 Mega Micro. The Mega Micro has 90 Mins late reg but the schedule is such that seems bring you very close to the money as still had 15 mins late reg , when I bluff the river for little under pot into SB rivered ace in limped BvB battle coming like 249 with at least 140 paid

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's' Thanks to making another FT on Boyle in the league have now managed to drag in a profit all bit it small but not really been playing much so no complains , Hoping to be able to pick up a win on the final SnG in league to give be a chance to finally play a decent live event only other played with Goliath last year which I held on most the day after chopping getting in with QJ vs Q10 , on 8,9,10 board in 5 way pot and then losing half stack with AK > A8 pre 2 hands later but was still very fun and would like another shot at live score in a slightly more manageable field size

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's' Played 1 x $2.20 Zoom Tourney tonight and recorded a run-through as was feeling confident of a very deep run alias almost touching big money but not to be :( 22nd outta 3567 for $18.90 , 1st getting $1100+ Turbo $2.20 Zoom : AK vs KQ for 1st Double up , Bluffed off some double barrelling QJ vs big blind caller. AK vs KQ for 2nd Double Up after UTG open shoved massive I called 55BBish. Bluffed down to just below ave 7K ave 7.5K with J10s on K2k board double barrel when picked up flush draw on turn with J10s get called by AA who flatted my preflop UTG raise. Knocked out a 7BB stack 99 > A3. 3 Bet Shoved AKs for 48BB over a 3x raise from bigger stack he called with A7off. Picked up 33BB pot with AJ I min-raised UTG , check flop A72 bet turn 9 and river 4 , he calls with KK. Played pot vs blinds with KJhh vs blinds call BB bet then fold when SB raises and BB shoves J92 2 tone board. Back just below average 603 left of 3567 with 450 paid on 2nd break Knocked out 2.8BB stack 32off in big vs his AJs. But then lose AA > K10s for 13BB Pot. Followed by KK > 99 for 19BB Pot 9 on river. Lose connection for 10 Minutes then come back to 10K with ave 28K but ITM , Double up to 23K AA > AQ , the double again AA > A10s for 60BB Pot. 65K ave 45K, Win small pot with KK , got upto to almost 80K after couple of raise and take, Down to 72K before win a 58K pot 66 > AK off to get upto 100K stack blinds 1K/2K in 1 minute. Ave 65K Lost Q10s vs QJoff off short stack still have 83K ave 68K, No pots means sit on average 79K , slip when AK misses 762r board I C/F, Lose with J10 vs K10 on 10 high board now to half average with 50K , sitting 87/111/3567, Double QQ vs AK off now have closer to ave 95k 115K 53/92, Double up with a set 66 raise pre , 1 caller MP, c/r raise 10 6 5 board check King on turn with less than pot behind he checks I shove 3 on river called by J10o so now sitting with 179K ave 131K 20/84, Lost pot with 910 called turn on K 10 x x J board vs BB KQ, Then lose A10 > AK to calling down on Ace flop so have half average with 76 remaining. 60 K when average is 150K blinds 2.5k/5K now dropped to 50/58. Double back up to 28BB AQ shoving into JJ still just below ave just. Chop 474 7 4 board with AQ vs K10 now have 145K ave 225K Down to 36 players but im card dead now and sit in 31st with less than half the ave of 300K + Still folding have 10BB shoved A8 once , ave 330K me 90K sitting last of 32 remaining. Double AKoff > 99 still half average but bit more wiggle room. Sitting 22/26 have 160K ave 410K Out AK off > 99 for 22nd and $18.90 flopped the ace unfortunately 9 as well for monster stack.

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's' Gutted right now decided to take a bit of a gamble and lost 7 HU (5x$15, 2x$7) in a row playing outside of my Bankroll , not sure what brought it on but I wasn't dominated on any my all in's , my average all in was 45% , which I know is below 50% and I probs wasn't playing optimal but still I feel dishearten that whenever take a shot at something worthwhile instead of the usual grinding away for pennies I get shot down........ I feel deflated and frustrated feeling extremely down and like I don't deserve to win , No doubt I will continue to do this as I love the game and want to succeed as not much else is working out for me right now :wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall

Gutted right now decided to take a bit of a gamble and lost 7 HU (5x$15' date=' 2x$7) in a row playing outside of my Bankroll , not sure what brought it on but I wasn't dominated on any my all in's , my average all in was 45% , which I know is below 50% and I probs wasn't playing optimal but still I feel dishearten that whenever take a shot at something worthwhile instead of the usual grinding away for pennies I get shot down........ I feel deflated and frustrated feeling extremely down and like I don't deserve to win , No doubt I will continue to do this as I love the game and want to succeed as not much else is working out for me right now :wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall[/quote'] Dude. I dont want to seem harsh but every thread you start ends exactly the same way just like this. For that reason i find it incredibly hard to believe that ling term you will ever succeed on the poker world as you lack discipline and by proxy bankroll management. My advice to you would be to either stop grinding and reduce your playing time and view your play as a gamble and enjoy it or just stop because you always end up in this place and obviously hate it. Some people learn the easy way Some people learn the hard way Some people never learn All i can say is you definitely aint the first one. If this stings maybe it needs to but i genuinely mean no offence Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's' I know and I'm more annoyed that I'm coming across like this in threads , maybe its just how things are going for me in life that I feel a need to try push things a bit too much maybe this happened this week as my playing time has been limited and don't really have a grinding zone to put in volume. The big trouble is I'm taking it a lot more to heart these days as gone from working long hours to being out of work since moving north to live with Sophie , so obviously I have less disposable income and pile more expectation on myself to win bigger as I feel have something to prove while out of employment. That said I hope I will eventually learn and hope I can grind back this phase 2 into a profit ..... slowly and surely. I do want to live up to the high standards that seen others on Punters Lounge have achieved.

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's' So after some reflection I've decided I will stick at this task but going to have a very quiet September on the poker front probably just Freeroll's and PL League games ofc , I'm away 6th - 13th Sept in Sunny Tenerife so should provide a most welcome break :D I still have a lot to learn but I'm committed to improving my game just need to ease off my expectations on myself to leap straight into hitting a big score and again try to focus on a new set of goals and become a SnG Wizard a much less swingy profession concentrating on volume. To maintain some more excitement I will try utilise FPPs to take shots in MTTs and still play added value games where possible along side Punters Lounge Games especially looking forward to tomorrow's final and hoping to convert into a IPO Seat preferably 1st but will endevour to make it if not even if have to ask for earlier xmas money :rollin

• 2 weeks later...

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's' Back from my holiday so decided to play a few of the FR's though quickly evaporated in all 3 I played and forgot about the 888 one that registered in. Sticking to my no deposit for the rest of September is my idea so far just don't feel like chasing the dream just yet and don't want to get trap in the same cycle that repeatedly ends up in me grinding away to throw it all away in one crazy idiotic evening where 1 bad beat can quickly spiral into full blown tilt and leaving me shaken up not healthy for a relationship as obviously I unintentionally may become a bit snappy after dusting off despite my normally laid back nature. Will continue to try to focus in my game and not chasing too quick , their may be a lot of younger players but at 24 years I still have time to find a moment in the future that I can be proud off and I don't need to force it.

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's' A change of mindset will help you greatly. Instead of starting and stopping, starting and stopping, going through the same cycles of failure you should attempt to change the end result by changing the beginning. I bet that at the back of your mind there's still tilt lurking there ready to pounce, and at the moment you will let that tilt come to the fore causing another tilt session and back to square one. It's almost like you want it to happen subconsciously, as you've been through it a few times now that it's like muscle memory - you're used to the results of tilt and nothing too bad has from it. You're still here for another challenge right? The key - if you truly want some success - is to dump those past failures in the trash. So when you think about poker, your goals, your experiences it is with the mindset of success. Over time your past negative experiences with poker will fade and you'll be able to focus on winning. And whatever it takes to win. It will be then in the forefront of your mindset that any crazy tilt session isn't akin to succeeding so you will see good progress. But you have to really see the end goal - you have to create goals. GL.

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's'

A change of mindset will help you greatly. Instead of starting and stopping, starting and stopping, going through the same cycles of failure you should attempt to change the end result by changing the beginning. I bet that at the back of your mind there's still tilt lurking there ready to pounce, and at the moment you will let that tilt come to the fore causing another tilt session and back to square one. It's almost like you want it to happen subconsciously, as you've been through it a few times now that it's like muscle memory - you're used to the results of tilt and nothing too bad has from it. You're still here for another challenge right? The key - if you truly want some success - is to dump those past failures in the trash. So when you think about poker, your goals, your experiences it is with the mindset of success. Over time your past negative experiences with poker will fade and you'll be able to focus on winning. And whatever it takes to win. It will be then in the forefront of your mindset that any crazy tilt session isn't akin to succeeding so you will see good progress. But you have to really see the end goal - you have to create goals. GL.
Absolutely up for another challenge just working out the details of my goals not sure if focusing on volume or selecting fewer games and really focusing on improving my ability at the table , and as such trying to set some goals accordingly I don't expect miracles to happen over night I have high expectations of what I feel capable of but I know the opportunities are limited and as such I need to try keep my goals realistic. Played a few tourneys and not much success , one thing I noticed is players on iPoker 4xbb with very strong hands a couple of times I have shoved AJ knowing that is probs my +EV to fold and pick better spots when sitting 15-20BB when normally against a standard open its probably a standard shove in middle stages.

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's' So been enjoying playing the Micro Stakes the last couple of nights picked up a Final Table in a 504 player freeroll for £5 plus £5 free bet but more important a bit of confidence to grind away a chip up without taking too many risks , picked up a few other good starts in a couple of others before losing out close to bubble but still good to get back in the flow and try stick to limit where I can just have fun and work on removing the tilt factor from my poker cycle of highs & lows and try keep the lows to a minimal :hope Also managed a Cash in the iPoker $2.20 Sunday Deepstack I love the feel to this tourney and the play seems incredibly soft think only had win 1 all in flip to get to 22nd / 359 which I feel is pretty good the cash was $5.30 nothing major but still all add's up :)

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's' So another update not having the best of luck in MTTs seem to be running into the top of opponents range , noticed a few pots where I could have played bit safer and more optimal , taking the positive as tilt has stayed mostly away and I'm able to see my mistakes in both pots got bad beat and indeed the pots where I have over-played , called when should of given the hand more thought or when I got lucky also pots I maybe should of called and not played so passive which sometimes I do when trying to play 'Safe' because on wrong side of coolers during a given session. Anyways looking ahead going to try playing more micro stakes MTTs , looking at the Full Tilt MTOPS – the Micro Turbo Online Poker Series, probably going to try for some staking to give me more of a shot at making some deep runs as expecting big numbers in these. Hopefully after last Micro Millions Challenge will get some interest and as always updates will be at a premium.

The MTOPS will have gigantic fields so despite the large prize pools, are not great for those playing from limited bankrolls. Have you tried the 90man and 180 man games on Stars?
I've occasionally tried my hand at playing them but not really any volume but would give them a proper run if had a bankroll. As for the gigantic fields that is the reason I'm thinking about posting a staking as I feel it's a bit of a risk but plus EV one in the long run would never ask for a staking that I feel has no logic to it.

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's' So not really getting in much volume of late but slowly getting the enjoyment back I can notice the difference as I'm taking any beats on the chin and just think of my play and trying to becoming less results-oriented in the NOW. The balance since the start of this phase 'The Micro's' is slowly creeping up towards a positive number again with my intentions to try build a roll and not make any withdrawals for a while to give myself more options and make any downswing more bearable if I avoid having to reload , which so far if been managing to cope with and just transferring between sites where applicable. Thinking about the results in the past and where I have gone , I've browsed through previous threads on here and realised just how foolish my choices of play have been $15 hyper turbos are all well and good if you want to gamble and don't care about losing when trying to spin up quickly. But I care about trying to sustain a winning line and viewed them as a quick solution when I wanted to chase a decent win or indeed pull back to even on a losing session at MTTs. I have come to conclusion that its time to set some new goals. 3 basic goals to start : 1 ) Play stakes which I'm comfortable at win or lose. 2 ) Stay away from the cash tables. 3 ) Review my play and not just results. I will endeavor to stick to these in the short term , while I work on some more detailed goals looking forward at how I want my game to develop. If anyone has any ideas of goals that I can work towards I would happily take note.

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's' So hardly got in any play at all this last week but when I have I have done my best to make it count played 2 MTTs last weekend 1 saturday got 2nd place from 498 runners in Betfred Post Match Freeroll for £25 plus £25 freebets (which I'll inform more on these shortly) , then on Sunday decided I'd play 8 Game Micro MTT while watching X Factor and the like on TV need something to keep the evening interesting during all the breaks :p I end up winning that and happily book my first PL Achievement of 13 being the first non big bet MTT winner over 50 , okay only had 51 but a win is a win and $40 from $2 equals a happy player meaning that after the weekend I'm no longer in negative value since start off this new thread and my number 1 goal is never to go busto unless I'm in position to top up a sizable amount which unlikely to be near future. This rest of the week as been a quiet one only played 1-2-3 tourney on Tues on Betsafe recorded a min-cash 39th/399 the field just seemed very soft so might give another go this week sometime if have a chance of a quiet evening where can concentrate because I know picked a few spots on tues where I tried bluffed in pots that clearly smashed opponent range , and a few pots where didn't quite get max value. And thinking maybe I nitted up to much on the bubble folding AQ in BB with 12BB just because active player in HJ raised just over min and Monster stack on button flatted I didn't want to bubble 1 off the money , normally this is obvious jam but I felt was getting called so wide the better option was a fold , any thoughts anyone else fold this spot ? Oh side note freebets won won't be included in my rolling P & L , but used up first £5 with 2 bets to make tues matches interesting : 1st - Wolves & Alfreton home wins for double and £6 back was supposed be my banker .... both lost 2nd - Was my little gamble on my team I predicted for Aldershot to be winning half time but draw full time , so we immediately go 0-1 down then 1-1 the 1-2 down then on 24 minutes we equalised again so half time's start to roll in and from nowhere we take lead on 45 minutes , know I'm happy looking good either Shots get 3pts or if we concede I win £28 , the reason I'm happy is because I'm 100% we will be comfortable mid table end the season , so 80th Pen Luton get penalty and score. Now is where just thinking please don't concede again that would be the worst. Luckily hold on and win £28 from £2 happy days with £20 still to use up when Premier League starts back up.

Re: DanShot's Phase 2 'The Micro's' So picking up bit of small profit and it's gradually building up the profit slowly but surely :) , been sticking to the heads up games last few days as not had the motivation to grind out micro's with a semi-decent structure. Have felt myself close to tilt a few times but have managed to keep the frustration to a minimum , as long as keep getting it in good then I'm happy with my play. Going to re-install Holdem Manager later on today as well so can track my results bit clearer and see if running hot or cold etc , we have intuition but not telling me more people run bad then those that run good , yet is a bad beat story at every table who hears many people say they are a luckbox in a serious manner :eyes Did make a small FT yesterday on Stars in 44 runner PLH/PLO $2.20 these seem pretty donkilicious but made a few mistakes need to the bubble which left me a bit short and getting a min-cash of $4.84 for 6th.

So hardly got in any play at all this last week but when I have I have done my best to make it count played 2 MTTs last weekend 1 saturday got 2nd place from 498 runners in Betfred Post Match Freeroll for £25 plus £25 freebets (which I'll inform more on these shortly) , then on Sunday decided I'd play 8 Game Micro MTT while watching X Factor and the like on TV need something to keep the evening interesting during all the breaks :p I end up winning that and happily book my first PL Achievement of 13 being the first non big bet MTT winner over 50 , okay only had 51 but a win is a win and $40 from $2 equals a happy player meaning that after the weekend I'm no longer in negative value since start off this new thread and my number 1 goal is never to go busto unless I'm in position to top up a sizable amount which unlikely to be near future. This rest of the week as been a quiet one only played 1-2-3 tourney on Tues on Betsafe recorded a min-cash 39th/399 the field just seemed very soft so might give another go this week sometime if have a chance of a quiet evening where can concentrate because I know picked a few spots on tues where I tried bluffed in pots that clearly smashed opponent range , and a few pots where didn't quite get max value. And thinking maybe I nitted up to much on the bubble folding AQ in BB with 12BB just because active player in HJ raised just over min and Monster stack on button flatted I didn't want to bubble 1 off the money , normally this is obvious jam but I felt was getting called so wide the better option was a fold , any thoughts anyone else fold this spot ? Oh side note freebets won won't be included in my rolling P & L , but used up first £5 with 2 bets to make tues matches interesting : 1st - Wolves & Alfreton home wins for double and £6 back was supposed be my banker .... both lost 2nd - Was my little gamble on my team I predicted for Aldershot to be winning half time but draw full time , so we immediately go 0-1 down then 1-1 the 1-2 down then on 24 minutes we equalised again so half time's start to roll in and from nowhere we take lead on 45 minutes , know I'm happy looking good either Shots get 3pts or if we concede I win £28 , the reason I'm happy is because I'm 100% we will be comfortable mid table end the season , so 80th Pen Luton get penalty and score. Now is where just thinking please don't concede again that would be the worst. Luckily hold on and win £28 from £2 happy days with £20 still to use up when Premier League starts back up.
Would definitely give those 1-2-3 tourneys a go mate there definitely soft, plus a nice little jackpot if u FT both! Seems to be going well keep it up :ok

Would definitely give those 1-2-3 tourneys a go mate there definitely soft, plus a nice little jackpot if u FT both! Seems to be going well keep it up :ok
Thanks hopefully stays going well , yeah my roll on Betsafe is very limited but might top it up to play these as keeping some on Skrill incase need deposit on another site and to safe-guard myself a bit if do start tilting off my whole BR.