Thirsk races

Afternoon all. Am off to thirsk tomorrow and wondered if anyone had any thoughts on the races. Thought I'd ask now as I may not be able to log on tomorrow morning. Local Yorkshire trainers easterby and Kevin Ryan do well here so will be looking out for those. Any thoughts/stats or any info appreciated. Cheers!

Re: Thirsk races In the 2.50 race if it gets very soft outsider TOWBEE will have a very decent e/w chance currently 20/1 with PP and available at around 30's on BF. Back on last winning mark and is way overpriced in my opinion have also had a bit on COCKTAIL CHARLIE @ 15.5 on BF only ever won the one race should have been more but will get its head in front this season maybe even a few times is my predication currently on a very attractive mark can be quirky and needs luck but well capable off this mark imo.

Re: Thirsk races I'm quite keen on Jedward at double figure odds in the 2.50. Hard to weigh up given his consistency but he's only 1lb higher than his last win which came on soft ground at Newmarket last season. Blinkers go on for the first time and it would surprise me if Kevin Ryan didn't get the best out of him at some point this season.

Re: Thirsk races Glad to hear about the rain... I just posted these in the daily thread. Thirsk I have had a little nibble at a couple of these in the hope the ground turns soft. 2.50 - Jack Luey 8/1 >Paddy Power - Looks progressive and has a good record fresh. His times havent been overly quick but his hold up style can sometimes disguise that. 3.25 - Ashpan Sam 12/1 Various Firms - Another horse that will relish the ground should it turn soft. Klynch, Dick Bos and Fast Shot all have claims but their recent form was at a track that severely suits front runners and they were all up with the pace. Chooseaday could be the danger from that race after his slow start and making up ground but I dont think he is at his best on soft. The selections best form is on soft and he has ran two decent races behind progressive types on dry ground at Windsor. 5.10 - Our Boy Jack 10/1 Stan James - This horses best form and best times have come over 8f despite him being mainly campaigned over 6 or 7f. He has form in soft ground and hasnt disgraced himself in a better class of race especially considering he has been badly hampered in a couple of those races. He also seems to get on very with for his 7lb claimer and he wasnt too far off back over 7f last time out. This may not exactly be a plot job but it might be a smart piece of placing from the wiley Richard Fahy.

Re: Thirsk races

In the 2.50 race if it gets very soft outsider TOWBEE will have a very decent e/w chance currently 20/1 with PP and available at around 30's on BF. Back on last winning mark and is way overpriced in my opinion have also had a bit on COCKTAIL CHARLIE @ 15.5 on BF only ever won the one race should have been more but will get its head in front this season maybe even a few times is my predication currently on a very attractive mark can be quirky and needs luck but well capable off this mark imo.
Cocaktail Charlie was a NR one to watch for another day! TOWBEE wins @ 18's :ok