Arsenal v Wigan Athletic > Tue 14th May

Re: Arsenal v Wigan Athletic > Tue 14th May Man City could have won the game on Saturday if they had gotten out of 1st gear, I know "should of, would of, could of" but they never really up'd the tempo plus Wigan played out of there skin. Arsenal the form team in the Prem with 20 points from a possible 24, 10 day rest (I'm hoping this is a good thing) never failed to qualify for the Champs league under Wenger and a tricky away game on the final day, wont be making the same mistake as last year (1-2 to Wigan, I was there as a neutral spectator) Id nearly take the Gunners at (-1.0) but since the price has drifted favoring Wigan ill take the straight home win Arsenal @ 2/5 PP

Re: Arsenal v Wigan Athletic > Tue 14th May

Man City could have won the game on Saturday if they had gotten out of 1st gear, I know "should of, would of, could of" but they never really up'd the tempo plus Wigan played out of there skin. Arsenal the form team in the Prem with 20 points from a possible 24, 10 day rest (I'm hoping this is a good thing) never failed to qualify for the Champs league under Wenger and a tricky away game on the final day, wont be making the same mistake as last year (1-2 to Wigan, I was there as a neutral spectator) Id nearly take the Gunners at (-1.0) but since the price has drifted favoring Wigan ill take the straight home win Arsenal @ 2/5 PP
I'm also wondering about the 10 days rest, will it be beneficial or detrimental? I've read that footballers are fully rested after 4 days, they start to get rusty after one week's rest. I will be backing Wigan to get a result here. Maybe on some scorelines.

Re: Arsenal v Wigan Athletic > Tue 14th May Here's an interesting stat... WIgan have the highest goal differential between 1st and 2nd half games in the EPL away from home. 26 goals as well as a 77% more second half goals than 1st half goals statistic. That's 14 times in 18 games To put this in perspective , it's the second highest "more second half than 1st half" goal stat in the whole of major league European soccer. (Nacional in Portugal have an amazing 80% but have only played 15 games) More 2nd half goals than 1st half goals 20 to 21 or nearly even money on bet365

Offcourse the German fukcer scores a free goal AND does not head away the freekick in the wall when i call him rubbish.... FML
Refrain from using foul language, please.

Re: Arsenal v Wigan Athletic > Tue 14th May Result: Arsenal 4 Wigan 1 A deserved win for Arsenal apparently. With the useful benefit of hindsight, the value was perhaps on the Arsenal MINUS handicap (e.g. Arsenal -1) or overs.

Despite their recent shyness in front of goal, I'm thinking it will be a heavy Arsenal win here - Arsenal have had a 10 day break and will be as fresh as a team can be in May - Add to this that they have been in great, if goal-shy, form - The FA Cup final will have taken a lot out of Wigan - That performance was also a once in a season performance and it is unlikely Wigan will be able to rouse themselves to such levels again tomorrow night - *Perhaps* Post match 'celebrations' may have also taken place on Saturday night leaving the Wigan players even more tired - The Emirates Stadium has very large dimensions and, assuming that Arsenal will have the majority of possession leaving the visitors chasing the ball, Wigan will tire as the game goes on - This leaves them vulnerable to someone like Theo Walcott who is lightning quick and has been in good form So I have gone for Arsenal @ 1/3 Arsenal -1 @ 5/6 Arsenal -2 @ 21/10 Arsenal -1 2nd Half @ 11/5 Walcott to score @ evens Walcott to score 2 @ 4/1 With PP
Many congratulations, my friend.