** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

May 6 - May 12

Re: May 6 - May 12 Gulbis v Ungur - Gulbis -1.5 Sets @ Paddy Power 1.62 This match feature Gulbis ranked 47th in the world and Ungur ranked 100th in the world. Gulbis is starting to become a brilliant player and wont be ranked 47th in the world for long. He has played 9 clay court matches this season winning 6 of those and losing 3. Those loses were against top players such as Raonic, Tommy Haas and Monaco. Out of the 6 matches Gulbis has won on clay this season he has won 5 of them 2-0, the other one was a 2-1 win over Isner. Clay is now arguably his favourite surface winning 91 matches on clay and losing 68 and this is improving. Gulbis has beat the likes of Verdasco, Nieminen and Stepanek all 2-0 recently which shows what a good player he really is and I expect him to get another 2-0 win today. Ungur has gone to challenger events to try and get some wins under his belt. He has done well there however Gulbis is a big step up from any challenger event. These two have faced each other once and this was way back in 2006 however Gulbis won this 2-0. Ungur lost his last match Delbonis in straight sets, Delbonis is ranked 112th in the world and is not a great player. Ungur will need to pick it up a gear to even have a chance against Gulbis today.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: May 6 - May 12 Back Tomas Berdych to beat Stanislas Wawrinka for a 2/10 stake at 1.85 with Pinnacle Wawrinka has been the better player of the two so far, but I think that he will have to face a very tough task today. Berdych should be full of confidence after beating Murray, he has the mental edge after the Davis Cup tie in which he defeated Wawrinka in both the singles and the doubles, and he should also get some edge due to the fatigue that might indeed be present, since Wawrinka had to play a long night match yesterday. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/berdych-vs-wawrinka-betting-tomas-berdych-to-get-through-to-the-finals-in-madrid-20130511 Back Pavlyuchenkova/Safarova to beat Black/Erakovic for a 2/10 stake at 1.84 with Pinnacle There is obviously a solid element of luck here due to the fact that there is no deciding set, but Pavlyuchenkova/Safarova are the better pair of the two in my eyes, especially since the conditions are fairly quick. That should certainly suit them, as they are both based around powerful shots without much finesse. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pavlyuchenkova-safarova-vs-black-erakovic-betting-pavlyuchenkova-and-safarova-should-be-able-to-capture-the-title-today-20130511

Re: May 6 - May 12

I agree with you that it may be worth a gamble but on low-medium stakes. As we all know it can be so very difficult to depend soly on seedings and mathematical analysis to reach conclusions especially in the ITF or WTA for that matter. It is quite possible that the 24yr old Bolivian mentally checked out of the match early in surrender or it just could be possible that you have found a needle in a haystack. It also may be worth noting that Muhammed is a good player and has a few good victories to her name. I suggest you follow her a bit if she beats Davidson because she really crossed my mind this week. I back her yesterday too.!! Good luck!!!
Guardiola, remember Aisha Muhammed and this reply? One game to go now. Out of curiosity, I googled her to see a photo of her. Interesting!! Reminds me clearly of the Williams and of late, Stephens. I really think she will wrap up a brilliant week tomorrow. A banker as good or even better than Serena beating Sharapova tomorrow. Gl

Re: May 6 - May 12 and today the ugly Sharapova might beat the super star of williams. However, what scares me, is if the russian starts to make one double fault after the other....this is the russian curse, remember dementieva, davydenko, kusnetsova, safina in the past? they all simply suffering heavily from the service sydrom from time to time

Re: May 6 - May 12 Nadal vs Wawrinka 1st set over 9.5 games @1.84 local bookie (3/10) This type of bet relies upon two facts - Rafa always chooses receive and Wawa chooses serve if he wins the toss. Therefore Wawa is going to serve first. I don't think hat Wawa is going to be broken more than once, and I do not expect Rafa to be broken at all (or before he manages to win 4th game). Their H2H record supports this view - out of 8 matches 7 1st games ended 10 games or more.

Re: May 6 - May 12

and today the ugly Sharapova might beat the super star of williams. However' date=' what scares me, is if the russian starts to make one double fault after the other....this is the russian curse, remember dementieva, davydenko, kusnetsova, safina in the past? they all simply suffering heavily from the service sydrom from time to time[/quote'] hehehe....am i magician? hehe