England > Weekend/Midweek Non-league Play-offs May 6-7, 11-12

Conference North Play-off Final Sunday May 12, 3pm Brackley Town v FC Halifax 1 - 6/4 (Coral) X - 9/4 (Coral) 2 - 6/4 (Coral) Conference South Play-off Final Sunday May 12, 3pm Salisbury City v Dover Athletic 1 - 5/4 (Coral) X - 11/5 (Coral) 2 - 7/4 (Coral) Southern Prem Play-off Final Monday May 6, 3pm Hemel Hempstead Town v Gosport Borough 1 - 6/4 (BetVics) X - 5/2 (Marathon) 2 - 2/1 (Marathon) Ryman Prem Play-off Final Monday May 6, 3pm Lowestoft Town v Concord Rangers 1 - 13/10 (BetVics) X - 11/4 (Marathon) 2 - 9/4 (Marathon) Northern Prem Playoff Final Saturday May 11, 3pm Hednesford Town v FC United of Manchester 1 - 11/8 (Marathon) X - 5/2 (Marathon, BetVictor) 2 - 21/10 (Marathon) [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH][/TH] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth][/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=class: firstColumn][/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd][/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd][/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd][/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn][/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd][/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd][/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd][/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn][/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd][/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd][/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd][/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn][/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd][/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd][/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd][/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn][/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd][/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd][/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd][/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn][/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd][/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd][/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd][/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn][/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd][/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd][/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd][/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek Non-league Play-offs, Northern Prem May 4-6 To continue a theme I raised in the midweek thread, there is value in Eastleigh and Halifax, I think. Eastleigh have the poorest away record of the playoff sides, but drilling down into the form shows a marked increase in performances since February - 1-1-10 up to the Sutton game, 5-2-2 after it. Dover have been less than sure-footed at home and although they hold all the cards in this one I'm not sure that they are the type of side that can easily keep things tight at home. 3/1 (Marathon) on Eastleigh in the 90 minutes is very attractive but so is the 12s on Eastleigh for promotion. Halifax were the better of the two sides in the first leg and Marathon's 7/3 is a decent play on what should be an open game. This is a wide open promotion section and a price of 4s for Halifax to get promotion is another sporting play.

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek Non-league Play-offs, Northern Prem May 4-6 An off topic update on the situation at Aldershot - who at the rate they're going may not even make the Conference Prem. Over the weekend the majority shareholder Kris Machala was attempting to offload his shares to chairman Shahid Azeem, but only if sufficient cash (or proof of sufficient cash) were to be injected in the club. While that seems a reasonable request, there were some steps before this that have led to very frosty boardroom relations. The chief exec has now resigned, blaming the owner for standing in the way of the necessary restructuring. Addpea was spot in last weekend's thread when he said that the initial 9/1 antepost quote was worth steering.

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek Non-league Play-offs, Northern Prem May 4-6

Aldershot are now in administration. Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum
...which puts into doubt their joining the Conference. At this stage, 9/1 isn't even looking a good price for the Southern Prem.

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek Non-league Play-offs, Northern Prem May 4-6 Yes I concur with regards Halifax, they are clearly superior to Guiseley and playing away from the Shay won´t make a jot of difference for two seasons now their away record has been superior to the home record and the 2600 capacity crowd will consist of over 1000 Halifax supporters. Two things temper my enthusiasm, will Halifax turn their superiority into goals? Of greater concern is how will Guiseley´s Steve Kittrick respond, he must know that Halifax have the better side and that if Guiseley go toe to toe they risk being dominated again, I can see him mixing it up and playing a spoiling game, or to put it another way, to do nothing would be foolish. If commentary is on the Bradford Community Radio station again, a listen to the first ten minutes before playing might be the best approach for me just to try and gauge if it is an open game.

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek Non-league Play-offs, Northern Prem May 4-6 Not much on the Conference final for me. There are plenty of spreads but Wembley games are often too tight to play in running. But I'm drawn to Newport County's multi-corners at 8 to buy with Spreadex and Sporting. I have a feeling that Newport's clever passing and movement - which can be a bit over-elaborate - will produce the odd corner. They've also some lively wide men. The stats aren't entirely on my side so it may be worth buying if they go behind on the assumption that they'll be on the attack. The only player goal minute quote that appeals is a very speculative play - David Pipe at 4 to buy with Sporting. He gets forward and likes a shot but he's not notched this season, so it remains risky, if with a low downside.

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek Non-league Play-offs, Northern Prem May 4-6

Yes I concur with regards Halifax, they are clearly superior to Guiseley and playing away from the Shay won´t make a jot of difference for two seasons now their away record has been superior to the home record and the 2600 capacity crowd will consist of over 1000 Halifax supporters. Two things temper my enthusiasm, will Halifax turn their superiority into goals? Of greater concern is how will Guiseley´s Steve Kittrick respond, he must know that Halifax have the better side and that if Guiseley go toe to toe they risk being dominated again, I can see him mixing it up and playing a spoiling game, or to put it another way, to do nothing would be foolish. If commentary is on the Bradford Community Radio station again, a listen to the first ten minutes before playing might be the best approach for me just to try and gauge if it is an open game.
Good points, YFF. I think the difference with last season is that Halifax are stronger than at this time last season. Guiseley have a way of playing that is very effective and I'm sure Kittrick will look to do the same - their home record is pretty solid. Halifax are a decent price for the 90 mins win, however.

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek Non-league Play-offs, Northern Prem May 4-6 My only other fixed odds play today is Eastleigh, the price of whom is coming in after a drift, though 3s is still available. Even given the missing bodies today, they have a quality starting XI and I think the price is a very sporting one. I've also covered Eastleigh and Halifax on the anteposts - a little indulgence after a fine month's work, but the prices are higher than I can compute.

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek Non-league Play-offs, Northern Prem May 4-6 Cracking afternoon on the match-betting - Eastleigh and Halifax came home at decent prices today. Congrats also to Ferriby - the second best team in East Yorks - for bagging the Northern Prem title today. Their form has surprised most people this season - unless, that is, you were reading the antepost thread on here in August, where they were my recommended EW play at 20s.

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek Non-league Play-offs, Northern Prem May 4-6 Very harsh on Wrexham as they were much the better team today and Newport had offered little in the 2nd half until the goal really. What made it even worse was I had saved on 1-0 Newport!

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek Non-league Play-offs May 6-7, 12 Coral are going 7/4 about Fylde in 90 minutes for the play-off semi and that's about right but Marathon are taking a bit of a risk offering 5/2. Fylde have been pack-shuffling this week and should be relatively fresh, and they also preformed pretty well in the league fixture in March, deserving more than a 2-0 defeat. It won't be easy - Hednesford are a strong and capable side, who've won five in a row at home - but after the close-run title race they'll be suffering a level of disappointment that could become an issue at some point.

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek Non-league Play-offs May 6-7, 12 Chelmsford have finally sacked Pennyfather. He clearly was struggling to get them promoted and I am surprised he lasted as long as he did and he clearly wasn't up to the job.

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek Non-league Play-offs May 6-7, 12 Nothing from the play on Fylde last night, who went out on penalties. It says a lot for their resources when they can get Matty Blinkhorn on dual-reg but they need to manage their defensive resources within the 4-3-3 better next season. It also means a loss on the antepost play-off market. I'm still alive on the recommended yankee - Chesham have gone and Concord have won, while Salisbury and Brackley are into the final. I also have stake-saving coverage of Halifax.

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek Non-league Play-offs May 6-7, 11-12

According to BBC Wilts tweets earlier: #Salisbury City FC tell @BBCWiltshire that a winding up order issued by HMRC will be withdrawn soon after money owed was paid. Salisbury owed £46k to HMRC of which £31k has been paid & £15k will be cleared shortly.Club is confident no further action to be taken This scenario is believable - the issuing of court documents has the effect of getting the bills paid. I think overall we may be seeing the strains of the club's policy of reducing debt while also keeping a full-time element on the playing side.

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek Non-league Play-offs May 6-7, 11-12 went to hednesfords play off win today against fcum, a record crowd of 4400 at keys park,hednes just about deserved the win,the game was a game of two halves as the old adage goes.special mention to fcs travelling army who didnt stop singing the whole game and were impeccably behaved despite some knobhead chavs from hednesford spoiling the victory imo. i also went to the semi final fylde game midweek, quite simply the best non league game i have ever seen, words could never describe it! the rules must be changed though as moneybags fylde drafted in three dual registered players from higher leagues in an attempt to buy promotion, luckily justice prevailed! big congrats to rob smith on a well deserved promotion and in fact a treble for him and hednesford this season coupled with the bham senior cup and the staffordshire senior cup

went to hednesfords play off win today against fcum, a record crowd of 4400 at keys park,hednes just about deserved the win,the game was a game of two halves as the old adage goes.special mention to fcs travelling army who didnt stop singing the whole game and were impeccably behaved despite some knobhead chavs from hednesford spoiling the victory imo. i also went to the semi final fylde game midweek, quite simply the best non league game i have ever seen, words could never describe it! the rules must be changed though as moneybags fylde drafted in three dual registered players from higher leagues in an attempt to buy promotion, luckily justice prevailed! big congrats to rob smith on a well deserved promotion and in fact a treble for him and hednesford this season coupled with the bham senior cup and the staffordshire senior cup
What a cracking couple of matches to witness! I'm not Rob Smith's biggest fan to be honest, but he did superbly well to stay in the hunt for so long against a Ferriby side with greater resources and a stronger starting XI, and managed things well through the playoffs when disappointment had to be flushed from the system as quickly as possible. Fylde almost made it, but they paid for a poor start - defensively they've never been quite as well drilled as the other contenders. Dave Challinor also took a bit of a risk in resting bodies in the last few weeks of the season, which gave them the disadvantage of finishing fifth and losing momentum. They're definitely a moneybags outfit, but I can't see any reason to change the rules - dual-registering across leagues is hardly new and the practicalities make it pretty difficult for the 'lesser' club to work the system to any degree. Blackpool-based Matty Blinkhorn is a good example of a part-time player who benefits from the arrangement.

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek Non-league Play-offs May 6-7, 11-12 my arguement ships is that matty blinkhorn plays in the prem for hyde yet for a one off game he suddenly plays for fylde two levels below and scores a crucial goal,how can that be right? a bit like buying promotion in my opinion i wonder how james dean felt being on the bench after sweating blood and tears all season for fylde? ?

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek Non-league Play-offs May 6-7, 11-12 I am with BG on this one I don't think it is right at all this can happen especially after various teams were not allowed to sign proper keepers towards the end of the season.

my arguement ships is that matty blinkhorn plays in the prem for hyde yet for a one off game he suddenly plays for fylde two levels below and scores a crucial goal,how can that be right? a bit like buying promotion in my opinion i wonder how james dean felt being on the bench after sweating blood and tears all season for fylde? ?
It wasn't quite that sudden - no one can get helicoptered in for a play-off game. He signed before the window closed - it was well covered in the press - and played a few games for Fylde (he certainly scored at least once). In the end, it's up to Scott McNiven what happens to him - he must have seen the value in keeping Blinkhorn fresh at a club down the road from home when he was out of the Hyde side. I'm sure Fylde made it financially worth Blinkorn's while but I don't think it's underhand - this is just what well-funded small clubs do at this stage of their development.

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek Non-league Play-offs May 6-7, 11-12 fylde also had a couple of colwyn bay players who played as well-what sort of team spirit can this build when loyal players find themselves on the bench? that aside fylde were a very very good side, unlucky to get knocked out to be honest as they didnt have any luck on the night hitting the woodwork three times and having a few penalty decisions go against them, i was really impressed with the way they broke with matthew barnes? absolute quality,compared to fc utd they a were much better team on the evidence i saw,i cant see anyone stopping them next season unless fc utd can improve on yesterdays showing. dont suppose the odds will be great though on fylde

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek Non-league Play-offs May 6-7, 11-12 Middling on the playoff anteposts for me, but at least I washed my face. The yankee I posted in the previous thread finished with two winners in Concord Rangers and Salisbury City, but that was merely stake-covering and change. The single plays - Fylde, Eastleigh and Halifax - produced a 4/1 winner in Halifax, which covered the two blunders. Generally, I am unspeakably bad at picking the playoff winners so a small profit feels much better than it should. Overall, a cracking season with the ex-stake profit target comfortably met thanks to a handsome season on the match betting and my best ever return on Conference Prem spread betting. Despite coverage of Chester, Mansfield, Ferriby, Whitehawk and Leamington, the season-long antepost plays didn't work out - too much of Eastleigh, Luton and AFC Fylde in accas had a dampening effect on any profit. Still, not carping - nine seasons now, and the average annual profit is well above the annual target. And I can't wait from the first shows on the Conference Prem, which should be out today.