Nice hand

dave

Playing $0.25/$0.50 NL on prima, limp in with KJo, 6 other limpers. Flop come JKK, decide to slowplay it, no-one bets. Turn comes, board now JKKJ, everyone checks. River makes it JKKJJ. Now I'm desperately hoping someone has the other king, and the second guy goes all in (only for $15 though :( ). So I win the pot with 4 jacks. The amazing thing were the cards the other guy turned over - AT!! So he was bluffing to win just over $3, knowing that if anyone called the best he could do was a split pot. I just wish he'd had a bigger stack.

Re: Nice hand :lol NH dave, bet you were loving it when he moved all in. Along similar lines one time I was playing in a 1/2 game on whill in a pot with 5 other people - I held 88. Their was a bit of money put in preflop and the flop came down JJJ. I bet out with my house not wanting to let a higher card come off for free and was called by everyone (at this point I had given it up thinking their must be bigger houses out there or indeed 4 of a kind). The turn was the fourth J. What a crappy turn - my hand is now useless and I am def beat to someone with an A in the hole, I check. Everyone else checks and the river is an A. :lol I think split pot - got out of that one cheap. Usually I would not do this as you dont want to feed the rake on a split pot but checking the rake it was maxed out so I bet all in at the split pot (120 dollars before I bet at it I might add) hoping someone got d/c or was confused by my bet. I watched in disbelief as not 1 not 2 but ALL FIVE players folded to me - some of them taking a lot of their time bank to think about it. this caused much hilarity in chat from the out of pot players along the lines of "omg" and "did you have the fifth jack jez?". Still to this day I dont understand it. dave I see you are on prima but not on the tables, Im about to head to bed soon (all night poker session) but am railbirding the big NL cash game atm. Jez

Re: Nice hand Hi everyone - ive been a lurker on the poker forum for a while now so about time i posted something :D A similar thing happened to me towards the end of a tournament a month or 2 ago. 3 callers before me, and I limped in on the big blind with 72os, flop came J33, everyone checks, next card J, once again everyone checks. River is another 3 so full house on the board, I move all in, everone folds and i show everyone my 72 os :rollin I guessed that if somebody had a J they wouldnt have let everyone have a free card on the turn, and the chances of somebody having a 3 were slim, as apart from A3 and 33, i guessed that any other starting hands containing 3s would have been folded pre-flop (and as i was on the BB nobody else could have limped in with say T3 or something). At the time without really thinking about it i kind of thought the worse that could happen was a split pot, but looking back at it, somebody could have been slowplaying AA, KK or QQ, and would have surely called, and would have beaten me, so im not sure if the way i played it was right? Maybe it was a bit too much of a risk as the pot wasnt huge (no raises after flop and turn), although it was towards the end of the tournament so the blinds were fairly big.

Re: Nice hand Cash I would never make such a play. There's absolutely no point, either everyone folds and you win a small pot. People call and you split a point but probably lose money on the rake. Someone slowplaying and they wipe you out. No value at all. Tournament play however is different. With blinds small again the same applies. But if blinds are big etc then it may become worth a try. Of course depending on size of stack, tournie postion bla de la, tight/loose players bla de la. The only thing I can think of jez is that with a JJJJA board they somehow think if you have an ace you are beating them. I mean pocket aces there is no good to you obviously but they just didnt register the best hand was out on the table. Still as long as the rake is maxed, all in is the right play. As you say someone could get disconnected/confused. Some people are just scared of all in full stop. If you even get one person out you are turning a profit. Unbelievable everyone went out.