Wigan Athletic v Tottenham Hotspur > Sat 27th April

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Wigan Athletic v Tottenham Hotspur (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.95[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.11[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.49 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Wigan Athletic v Tottenham Hotspur > Sat 27th April Tottenham have it all, Lennon and Bale are back and Champions League spot is still there, competition is tough since Chelsea have no intention on slowing down, but maybe, just maybe they can search for their chance in Arsenal... Wigan have to goals at the moment, one of them is to save themselves in Premier League and second is their Cup Finals match against Manchester City, and they will give their all to stay competitive in that match. Still, there is a lot of time before that, and I think that Wigan can only hope for a draw here, since Tottenham will surely go all out in order to take all 3 points back to White Heart Lane. Away win @ 2.

Re: Wigan Athletic v Tottenham Hotspur > Sat 27th April I don't think Wigan are going to be taking the cup final seriously, considering what's at stake in their fight for Premiership survival which is sadly more important to clubs now. Spurs are desperate for Champions League and the manner of their win against City will have done them wonders.

Re: Wigan Athletic v Tottenham Hotspur > Sat 27th April If it was last season i'd say Spurs to lose 1-0 lol but even though they always seem to wobble end of season, it seems they have gotten Bale back just in time to stay on the rails. Still I don't think I feel confident enough in the Spurs to back them to win here, maybe over goals or something would be a safer option...

I'm not betting on this game being a Spurs fan but if I was then i would go with any of these. Although i wouldn't recommend backing them all lol. BTTS 1.63 @ Betfair - Spurs have not kept a clean sheet in the league for 8 games and Wigan can never be trusted to keep a clean sheet and they've only kept 5 in the league this season in 33 games and i think BTTS will come in tomorrow. Over 2.5 goals 1.81 @ Betfair - 12 out of 16 (75%) of Wigans home premier league games have gone over 2.5 goals this season. 13 out of 16 (81%) of Tottenham's Premier league away games have gone over 2.5 goals this season. Also, both sides need the win so i expect to see an attacking and exciting game tomorrow so over 2.5 looks good at what I think is a good price of 1.81 and I would have put overs at 1.65-1.7 myself. Tottenham to beat Wigan 2.12 @ Betfair - I think Spurs will win tomorrow. The result against Man City and the manner of the comeback where our season was all but over with 15 minutes to go will see us pick up the 3 points tomorrow as I'm sure confidence will be high. Wigan on the other hand come into this game on the back of picking up just 1 point in their last 3 games where they faced QPR, Man City and West Ham away. This will definitely not be an easy game for Tottenham but I think they will edge it 1-2 with Lennon expected to start. Wigan 1-2 Tottenham 9.6 @ Betfair - As i said previously, I expect this to be a close game with both sides having so much to play for. However, i think Lennon and Bale will make the difference for Spurs with the width they provide and the fact that Wigan play with wing-backs could be their downfall with Spurs getting joy down the wings and 1-2 is my prediction for tomorrow.

Re: Wigan Athletic v Tottenham Hotspur > Sat 27th April Wigan v Tottenham Saturday, 27th April, 15:00 I have researched this match for a BETTING LOG I am running on FACEBOOK so will share my take on this match. This is without a doubt the most important fixture in the Premier League this weekend with relegation and champions league places in the mix. Wigan won the last meeting in November thanks to a single goal from Ben Watson, who misses out on this match with a broken leg, however the scoreline did not reflect that match as Tottenham had 10 shots on target to Wigans 4. Another factor was that it was Tottenhams 4th away match in a row including a trip to Slovenia so fatigue/jet lag would play a part. Wigan are going in to this match with a healthy squad bar Alcaraz, and Tottenham have their strongest squad available in the previous few months with only Gallas, Kaboul, Sandro on the treatment table. Andre Villas-Boas confirmed that Aaron Lennon is in contention to play, but may have to make do with a place on the substitutes' bench, with Clint Dempsey continuing on the right. Wigan will be looking to take advantage of playing at home after playing 3 consecutive away matches and will have to go for the win in this match to avoid relegation while Tottenham are perfectly suited to play counter attacking football and will have to gain maximum points before the crucial trip to Chelsea on the 8th May. Gareth Bale is 6 goals behind Van Persie and will want to push on for the golden boot in his final five matches of the season. Some match stats: -Wigan have won three and lost seven of their past 15 meetings with Tottenham. -Tottenham have only lost one of their previous seven trips to Wigan (W3, D3, L1). -Roberto Martinez's side have the division's worst record against top-half opposition this season, with 13 defeats and just two wins in 16 matches. -Tottenham have led in 13 away games this season, the second best in the league. -Tottenham have conceded in their last eight league matches - their longest run without a clean sheet since a 17-match streak in 2010. -Wigan have the highest percentage of second-half goals (68%) in the division. -Wigan have exactly the same number of points as they did after 33 games last season – they won four of their final five matches in 2011-12. -Jermain Defoe has scored 10 goals in 12 Premier League appearances against Wigan. -Tottenham have averaged 3 match goals in the league this season (66% over 2.5 goals). -Wigan have averaged 2.94 match goals in the league this season (66% over 2.5 goals). Wigan Squad: Robles, Al Habsi, Boyce, Stam, Scharner, Golobart, Caldwell, Figeuroa, Beausejour, Gomez, McCarthy, Espinoza, McArthur, Maloney, McManaman, Kone, Di Santo, Henriquez. Tottenham Squad: Lloris, Friedel, Archer, Walker, Naughton, Dawson, Caulker, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto, Holtby, Livermore, Dembele, Carroll, Parker, Ceballos, Huddlestone, Sigurdsson, Lennon, Dempsey, Bale, Adebayor, Defoe, Coulthirst. Out of 64 matches analysed this weekend this match has the 3rd highest probability of Both Teams To Score however due to Tottenhams form if you are going to have a bet on this match OVER 2.5 GOALS @ 1.8 (BetVictor) offers the best value.

Re: Wigan Athletic v Tottenham Hotspur > Sat 27th April I don't know if anybody noticed but Spurs were available last night at evens to win here. I found that pretty damn decent, so I got into that but may also jump in on the Over 2.5. Seems popular though I am undecided if this has 1-0 written all over it for either side and that's why the odds on Totts to win are so high. Good luck gents!

Re: Wigan Athletic v Tottenham Hotspur > Sat 27th April Bale, Lennon & Defoe are back. Add them to Dembele, Dempsey, Holtby, Adebayor etc. and Spurs are spoilt for choice both in terms of quality in depth and also that AVB has many different tools in different positions to get the job done here. I have gone the conservative route of adding Spurs DNB 1.48 @ Centrebet to a double. Think Wigan can't match the technical ability of Spurs and the goal Bale scored last week and more so the 1st one he set up for Dempsey with the outside of his boot looked like something Messi would be proud of. Spurs dnb will protect against a frustrating 0-0 or 1-1 but honestly can't see Wigan beating a confidence driven team like Spurs who received a huge 10 min confidence boost vs the reigning champs last week which is likely to fuel the rest of their season. Wigan will play with pressure here at home and needing 3 points and Spurs are just the sort of team well equipped to take advantage. :hope

Re: Wigan Athletic v Tottenham Hotspur > Sat 27th April Head to head at DW reads 1 3 3. Wigan so far this season are 1 1 6 against top half teams with spurs 4 2 2. In fact, wigan haven’t scored a goal against top 5 sides this season. Historical evidence suggests Wigan get beat 4 3 12 (often to NIL as only 26% see both teams score) while spurs are 10 4 4 over the same period. Taking a step back from the facts, Wigan players will undoubtedly have one eye on the cup final. This will be the first (and probably last) Cup Final for many of their players and they’ll have that in the back of their minds. Also, they’re not very good. Spurs are focused and have top 4 in their sights. The only reason for this game to be priced the way it is, is Wigan’s infamous end of season rally. I am more than happy to take that on. Spurs at 2.18

Re: Wigan Athletic v Tottenham Hotspur > Sat 27th April Punters only remember the collapse post Emirates game last season. What they all forget is that Spurs won 3 and drew 1 of their last 4 to take 4th position. As mentioned above Bale, Lennon & Defoe could all make the line-up and Tottenham's away record has seen a huge improvement this season. Free from the stress of the White Hart Lane crowd, Spurs have thrived and with Wigan's poor record against top 10 sides this season anything around evens for a Spurs win looks a decent shout this afternoon.

Re: Wigan Athletic v Tottenham Hotspur > Sat 27th April This games screams huge trap to me to Spurs backers. Plenty on the line for both sides for sure. And while a Cup win for Wigan would be a tremendous accomplishment for the club, staying in the premiership has got to be #1 priority for the team. Huge money to stay up. Now, of course Spurs have a ton to play for themselves, a ton of money that is, in that a top 4 finish and CL play next season is their #1 goal. Not to mention that in order to keep a player like Bale, and build around him, you need to be in the Champions League. All that being said, both teams really, really need full points here. Spurs have to be brimming with confidence after last week's massive comeback and second half vs City. But, that was at WHL. And while Wigan has not been particularly great at home this year, there is always a difference in quality of play when a team that needs to win is at home. I vividly recall a game last year that was a must win for Manchester United @ Wigan, and they were stomped by Wigan and thoroughly outplayed. And while a key contributor to that game is now playing at Chelsea (Moses), I still fancy Wigan to have a good chance to stay in this game, and at worst case earn a draw. I think the best play is o2.5 here. I expect both teams to come out attacking and wanting to get the first goal. If there is an early goal, that will only open up the attack, creating opportunities for both sides. Wigan concede 2 goals per game at home, and Spurs score nearly 2 goals per game on the road, so even to a dummy like me, this one seems like there will be goals in it. BIG bet for me on the over- biggest bet this weekend. good luck

Re: Wigan Athletic v Tottenham Hotspur > Sat 27th April Wigan looks week without alcaraz i ndefense. He had clearly good form. I cant see Wigan not conceeding vs spurs. This game might be decided by class and Tottenham is on very high. in the reverse ficture ben watson had a tremendous game for wigan and he will be missing today. Tottenham to win. they might even cover a hc o nthe counter late on.

Re: Wigan Athletic v Tottenham Hotspur > Sat 27th April Wigan let me down last weekend and things aren't looking great for them right now. A win today would be massive and they surely can't afford to sit back. After exiting the Europa League Spurs have no more distractions and with Bale, Defoe and Lennon back a lot of firepower. Both teams desperately need 3 points today and will leave nothing on the pitch. > Over 2.75 goals @ 2.09 -- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Auix25eIeQaadGY5ZFFlbmo2VjBDTV9rVV96YklSNFE#gid=0