FA Cup Final > Manchester City v Wigan Athletic > Sat 11th May

[TABLE=class: odds allOdds]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH][TABLE=class: SortLinks, width: 104] [TR] [TD=class: sortLinkLeft, align: left] [/TD] [TD=class: sortLinkRight, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH]v6312.gif[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH]v6173.gif[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: AO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]Manchester City[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]1.44[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]1.44[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]1.44[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]1.33[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]1.4[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: AO1] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]Draw[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]4.75[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]4.3[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]4.6[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]5.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]4.8[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]4.75[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: AO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]Wigan Athletic[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]7[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]8[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]8[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]7.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]7.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]8[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]7.7[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]8[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]6.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]7.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]7[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]7[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O hover, bgcolor: #BF1922 !important, align: center]7.1[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: FA Cup Final > Manchester City v Wigan Athletic > Sat 11th May i will put every penny and my mortgage on city outright @ 1/5 with skybet. Wigan, come the 11th may, will be exhausted, and by then feeling sorry for themselves after being relegated. Mancini will want to finish on a high with his position of manager being talked about, so a trophy which he has won before will be high on his agenda. Other than the obvious, gulf in class, larger squad, city more fresh, you wont find a bigger banker!

Re: FA Cup Final > Manchester City v Wigan Athletic > Sat 11th May If you watched the two playing each other last night I don't think you would still think the same, Wigan were all over City for most of the game, their passing and movement was far better and I don't know how they didn't score. Tevez's goal was totally out the blue and I guess you could argue that they still won and they are unlikely to play that badly again. Silva missing seemed to make a big difference, Nasri hasn't got anywhere near the same ability and Toure isn't the same type of player, they look better when Toure gets up the pitch instead of sitting in front of the back 4..I agree that City will probably win but I'm not sure the final of the FA Cup can be called the biggest banker of all time! The price is terrible, should rise hopefully.

Re: FA Cup Final > Manchester City v Wigan Athletic > Sat 11th May I agree with HastGill1. A final Swansea - Bradford City - that's what I call a banker, but certainly not City-Wigan. Especially given Wigan habit to raise their game considerably every April and May.

Re: FA Cup Final > Manchester City v Wigan Athletic > Sat 11th May Wigan look much too big at 8.0 given their excellent performance at City last night, where apparently they outplayed City and were unlucky to lose 1-0 ... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22088969 If Wigan have been relegated by the time of the Cup Final, that could count against them as I think they would find it hard to raise to the challenge, but Wigan tend to win relelgation battles.

Personally I think Wigan will either hold City until late in the Second half or concede early before going down 2-0. These sort of cup finals are often too painfully predictable. It'll be billed as David versus Goliath for the romanticists out there. I can't see anything other than a City comfortable win, but I wish Wigan all the luck in the world, and hope they do win :ok

Re: FA Cup Final > Manchester City v Wigan Athletic > Sat 11th May Last night's game is irrelevant when it comes to predicting the final. It will be a different, more motivated City that turns out for that match, They know the league is all over, there were many empty seats at The Etihad last night, a top 4 place is already in the bag, three of the back four that played last night won't play at in the final & most importantly, David Silva will be fit, he is the heartbeat of their team. Having said all of that, I agree that City are not a certainty, they tend to dominate these sort of games & win 1-0 (as in the final v Stoke in 2011) so could easily get caught by a sucker-punch or two.

Re: FA Cup Final > Manchester City v Wigan Athletic > Sat 11th May

Wigan look much too big at 8.0 given their excellent performance at City last night, where apparently they outplayed City and were unlucky to lose 1-0 ... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22088969 If Wigan have been relegated by the time of the Cup Final, that could count against them as I think they would find it hard to raise to the challenge, but Wigan tend to win relelgation battles.
After yesterday's defeat at West Ham, it's starting to look as though Wigan could be relegated this season. Wigan's remaining games: 27th April - Home to Tottenham 4th May - Away to West Brom 7th May - Home to Swansea 11th May - FA Cup Final 14th May - Away to Arsenal 19th May - Home to Aston Villa The chances are that at the time of the Cup Final, they will still have a good chance of being relegated. I think their chances of winning the cup will be improved if they believe that they will stay up. If they think they are going down, I'm pretty sure that thinking will affect them at the Cup Final. So for them to have a good chance, they need to get some good results in the three games between now the Final - home to Spurs, away to West Brom and home to Swansea. I'd say they need to win at least one of those three. There are several examples of clubs playing a final having already been relegated and I can't remember one who has won. Brighton is an example of a team who lost a final after they were relegated in 1983.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: FA Cup Final > Manchester City v Wigan Athletic > Sat 11th May MCvsWigan_zpsb38213d4.png The race for the Premiership this year is over with Manchester City's inter - city rivals, Manchester United, clinching their 20thEnglish Premier League title recently at Old Trafford after making sure not to allow the Sky Blues to pull off any miracles in the closing stages of the season this time after watching City do the same last year to win the league championship. Fortunately, the dethroned kings of the Premier League are still in the running for the 2013 FA Cup and you just know that the Citizens would love to end their football year with a triumphant finish in the oldest cup competition in the sport. On May 12, Manchester City will have the chance to make sure that they would still be able to end their campaign with a championship when they face Wigan Athletic FC in the 2013 FA Cup Final at Wembley Stadium. Listed at *1.34 to beat Wigan, Manchester City head into the match - up looking for some reprieve following a disappointing title defence of the Premiership, forcing them to relinquish the Premier League championship to their heated rivals from Manchester. And since these guys didn't really do so well in this year's UEFA Champions League tournament, winning the FA Cup is their only hope for a respectable finish. Just ask Man City standout Sergio Aguero. Following their win over Chelsea FC to punch their ticket to the FA Cup Final this year, Aguero was asked if winning the Cup at Wembley would let them call their season a success still. And while he said that the club could've done better, he acknowledged that winning the FA Cup and giving them a title at the end of the campaign is still a whole lot better than finishing the year without any titles whatsoever. ''We could have done better,'' Man City star Sergio Aguero said. ''It is a club that has not won a lot in the past and at least if we win one trophy then everything is good for the club. We're really happy to be in the final. It was what we wanted from the game.'' ''We are too many points from (Manchester) United in the league, and this is the only cup that we can win, so we have to take it seriously,'' Aguero added, referring to their opportunity to win the FA Cup. ''This is an important cup in England, for the club, and for everyone.'' For what it's worth, Manchester City do look good to win the 2013 FA Cup Final against Wigan Athletic. In their two meetings of the English Premier League season, Man City managed to win both contests, beating Wigan Athletic, 2 - 0, in their visit to DW Stadium last November before barely edging the same side in their last encounter, 1 - 0, last April 17 in what has become as a dress rehearsal of sorts for the FA Cup Final at Wembley Stadium. That game, however, was a surprise to the Sky Blues because they did not expect Wigan to put up such a fight. Heck, if it wasn't for Man City forward Carlos Tevez coming up with the first goal of the match - up in the 83rd minute late in the contest, the Citizens would've disappointed a lot of their faithful fans at the Etihad Stadium, especially if they failed to beat a side like Wigan that's just trying to stay away from relegation. One thing's for certain though, the Sky Blues wouldn't undervalue this club again when they meet them for the last time in this football campaign for the FA Cup. Just ask City's multitalented defender Micah Richards. ''It has given us a wake - up call. I wouldn't have said it was going to be a walkover but I think they were better than the whole team expected. They have got some real firepower up front and they seem to know that system inside out. There were runners coming from everywhere,'' Micah Richards said, referring to Wigan's performance in their last Premier League contest. Since Manchester City are probably more determined now more than ever to win a title before the curtains close down on their season, expect these guys to not take anything lightly on May 12. The FA Cup Final gives them their final shot to win hardware in this campaign and I don't think they'll be making the same mistake of underestimating Wigan again. After the tumultuous season they just had in the top flight of English football, the fact that they can still end the year with a championship is an opportunity they just can't pass. ''It is brilliant. It is another great day for the club. You look at this (atmosphere) and we only hope we can have these scenes when we play against Wigan in the final,'' Manchester City's team captain Vincent Kompany said, referring to the euphoric atmosphere at Wembley after beating the Blues. ''We never doubted the fact that we wanted to win trophies. This was an important game and it will be an even more important game in the final against Wigan. That is what we are looking forward to now.'' Wigan Athletic, listed on *8.75 to beat Manchester City in the 2013 FA Cup Final at Wembley Stadium, will be doing their best to play spoilers. But I don't think those guys will be able to spoil City's plans now that the SkyBlues are well aware of how good Wigan can be. Oh yeah, watching the Red Devils celebrate their 20th Premiership should motivate them come game time too. I bet on 1H' 1x2 : Manchester City to win @ 1.83

Re: FA Cup Final > Manchester City v Wigan Athletic > Sat 11th May Well we saw the effect losing key defenders had on Wigan losing 2-3 at home to Swansea. They looked shambolic at the back especially that last goal. They're missing Alcáraz, Ramis, Figueroa, Beausejour (mid but was covering for the defenders before getting injured) and apparently Stam injured his leg in his comeback today. This is looking easy for City.

After yesterday's defeat at West Ham, it's starting to look as though Wigan could be relegated this season. Wigan's remaining games: 27th April - Home to Tottenham 4th May - Away to West Brom 7th May - Home to Swansea 11th May - FA Cup Final 14th May - Away to Arsenal 19th May - Home to Aston Villa The chances are that at the time of the Cup Final, they will still have a good chance of being relegated. I think their chances of winning the cup will be improved if they believe that they will stay up. If they think they are going down, I'm pretty sure that thinking will affect them at the Cup Final. So for them to have a good chance, they need to get some good results in the three games between now the Final - home to Spurs, away to West Brom and home to Swansea. I'd say they need to win at least one of those three. There are several examples of clubs playing a final having already been relegated and I can't remember one who has won. Brighton is an example of a team who lost a final after they were relegated in 1983.
Update to this: After last night's defeat at home to Swansea, I think Wigan's chances of winning the cup have been damaged, because the threat of likely relegation will be on their minds. I'll avoid backing Wigan for this reason, and the cup final becomes a big 'No bet' game for me.

Well we saw the effect losing key defenders had on Wigan losing 2-3 at home to Swansea. They looked shambolic at the back especially that last goal. They're missing Alcáraz, Ramis, Figueroa, Beausejour (mid but was covering for the defenders before getting injured) and apparently Stam injured his leg in his comeback today. This is looking easy for City.
Agree, Wigan look easy meat. Figueroa is a massive loss for them. They missed a huge opportunity last night, defensively poor and missing several players to injury. It will be a big day out for them, but you can't really see anything other than a comfortable City win. Anything about 1.25 looks like value IMO.

Re: FA Cup Final > Manchester City v Wigan Athletic > Sat 11th May And the nightmare doesn't stop there. While they are getting beaten by City, Arsenal will be watching and waiting to "welcome" them to the Emirates for an important match for the Gunners. With a short 3 day turn around Wigan will arrive in London defensively depleted, physically exhausted and demoralised about the impending doom of relegation. If a "passing side" like Swansea who didn't need any points did that to them, I'd hate to think what will happen away to an Arsenal side chasing points. Hate to see this as I really like Roberto Martinez as a manager and he seems a really good guy. But in terms of making money, look to profit off Wigan's woes twice in one week. At this early stage City -1.5 AH @ 1.925 Bet 365 looks reasonable. Will wait though. :ok

Re: FA Cup Final > Manchester City v Wigan Athletic > Sat 11th May 4pts Under 2.5 goals 7/5 BetVictor Wigan are up against it here there’s no doubt about that but if you can’t have hope in the FA Cup when can you have hope? Man City are up against it in a different way. They simply have to win this match now with the amount of money they have spent on their squad so that brings its own pressure. I’m not sure this will be a classic high scoring final. I think it might be a bit edgy and at the prices under 2.5 goals looks a good bet. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/man-city-vs-wigan-betting-goals-may-be-in-short-supply-in-showpiece-final-20130510

Re: FA Cup Final > Manchester City v Wigan Athletic > Sat 11th May 1pt ew P.Zabaleta First scorer 33/1 Paddy Power (1/3 1-5) Wigan have a particular issue with their left back area with Figueroa out and then his replacement Beausejour also missing this match. They are likely to start with Roger Espinoza there and he is a midfielder. We saw Swansea’s right back score against Wigan on Tuesday night because of their defensive deficiencies there and it would be no surprise if Pablo Zabaleta followed suit here. Zabaleta loves getting forward and with Shaun Maloney unlikely to offer much defensive cover down that side the right back from Argentina could be a value bet to score first. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/man-city-vs-wigan-betting-pablo-zabaleta-could-be-a-good-value-punt-to-score-first-20130510

Best defensive side in the league against the worst defensive side in the league. Teams don't look like breaking Man City down and with wigans injuries I can see this result a mile away. 2 scenarios that I see in this game. 1. Typical cagey start from Man City who score a lot of their first goals in the 35-45 minute range finding their feet scoring late in the half and playing at their usual boring tempo in the second half and probably scoring another and winning 2-0. 2. Man City score early and Wigan push forward and man city put 4 or 5 in the back of the net which is the most likely scenario. I will be taking Man City -1 , -2 and -3 Correct scores 3-0 and 4-0

Re: FA Cup Final > Manchester City v Wigan Athletic > Sat 11th May I believe Man City will win the FA cup with ease. The likeliness of Wigan lacking many defenders will make the task much easier. I am going to bet on Man city to win @ 1.35 and Over 2.5 goals @ 1.68. Good luck all.

Re: FA Cup Final > Manchester City v Wigan Athletic > Sat 11th May Man of the Match - Tevez 8/1 with Bet365 First goalscorer - Tevez 5/1 Coral Can't see beyond a City win here for obvious reasons already mentioned. Tevez always seems to play well against Wigan (and has scored 7 golas in 12 meetings) so I think these odds are worthy of punting on. Good luck all.

Re: FA Cup Final > Manchester City v Wigan Athletic > Sat 11th May Result: Man City 0 Wigan 1 I listened to Radio Five Live, and it sounded as though City had most of the chances but under-performed expectations. I wonder what effect this will have on Wigan's Premier League survival hopes?

Result: Man City 0 Wigan 1 I listened to Radio Five Live, and it sounded as though City had most of the chances but under-performed expectations. I wonder what effect this will have on Wigan's Premier League survival hopes?
I watched the match, Tevez had a very good chance that's it, from the word go Wigan appeared the more settled team. Commentator rightly pointed out that they got a boost when Villa lost earlier.

Re: FA Cup Final > Manchester City v Wigan Athletic > Sat 11th May Wigan were absolutely amazing yesterday! Espinoza and McManaman were unbelievable. Defence was superb to my astonishment, although City lacked immensely all over the park. McCarthy in midfield was also terrific. Delighted for Martinez, even if wigan now go down he has earned a crack at a job like Everton.