Flat racing Sat 6 April

Re: Flat racing Sat 6 April 1.35 Greenhead high 2.10 Dutch gal 2.40 Mohawk ridge 3.15 MAybeagrey 3.55 Canyouconga 5.35 Rise to glory all up with the pace which is required at Newcastle, divide these up into trebles, 4 folds, 5 folds and a 6 fold

Re: Flat racing Sat 6 April 1.55 Lingfield Just the 6 runners with 2 non runners but still a very interesting race. Cape Joy is from a yard that wouldn’t normally keep this sort in the yard so is of obvious interest he won 3 starts back with ease on turf but hardly beat a rival home on next 2 starts off revised mark on polytrack a major concern but has fallen in the weights back to just 2lb above last winning mark. Bridge That Gap is going the right way winning last 2 starts, perhaps that form last time out not the strongest given the 2nd has really disappointed since although a few others behind have run well. That was 40 days ago a slight concern but has run well after short breaks before so no surprise to see him go well off a 3lb higher mark. Total Obsession caused a huge shock at 50/1 3 starts back and has held form off new mark and this step up in trip looks interesting given the way he was staying on last time out, Fallon interesting booking. Apache Glory had promised to come back to form recently before winning last time out at Wolves over similar trip, he won a little bit cheekily given the way the race panned out and handicapper only put him up 2lb which looks particularly lenient given he has won off a 17lb higher mark in the past and should go well again given a decent pace. 2pt win Apache Glory 3/1 bet365 5.35 Newcastle Finally some interesting turf action, Good to Soft ground may catch a few of these outs. Also worth noting Newcastle tends to favour front runners especially in soft conditions. Outlaw Torn looks plenty high enough and flopped last time out at Mussleburgh behind Rise To Glory. Keep It Dark was second in the same race as Outlaw Torn just over 3lengths behind the winner a 7lb turnaround means he should finish a bit closer but is still a maiden. Teds Brother is on a lenient mark but hasn’t really looked in that much form last couple of starts and looks a very short price. Chosen Forever took advantage of a huge slip in the weights winning off 58 on penultimate start, just as good off 61 last time out and gets to race off lower mark on turf today off 57, probably better on AW but has some form on turf whether soft conditions ideal not so sure. Alluring Star has put 2 respectable races after a break recently but he is a quirky character doesn’t often hold his form so plenty risk enough but on a good mark. Rise To Glory might be the safest option having won his last 2 starts last weekend at Musselburgh in similar conditions from the front, a 6lb penalty makes things tougher but has won off a similar mark and only 6 starts on turf with 2 wins means there may be more to come and is 1 from 1 over this course. 2pt win Rise To Glory 3/1 boyle 6.20 Wolverhampton Fairly weak looking mark and not gonna spend to much time on many of these. No shortage of pace neither; You’relikemefrank, Whiskey Junction, Miserere Mei, First Rebellion all keen runners. Onceuponatime has completely lost the plot now racing off basement mark but no real signs recently of a comeback but last win did come off 78. Yourelikemefrank another that has lost plot but again is 13lb lower than last win but shown nothing recently only speed. Whiskey Junction used to be a likeable sort but seems to struggle to string 2 efforts together recently and remains one to be careful with. Metropolitan Chief is quirky but did manage a win on penultimate start quickly back in his shell last time out and remains one to oppose on the whole. Slatey Hen finds winning hard these days but is atleast consistent having a very busy spell at the moment. Flow Chart looks the safest option in a race full of holes. He has really held his form recently picking up 2 handicaps recently, ran a brave race last time out at Southwell in which it didn’t suit a hold up sort so did well to finish 3rd off revised mark, mark unchanged and should go extremely well back on polytrack in a race likely to be run to suit. Still on a good mark based on his form from 2yr old and 3yr old form. 2pt win Flow Chart 11/2 hills

Re: Flat racing Sat 6 April Does any PJ O'Gorman runner not get backed these days? Finally landed the win with My Son Max lto who had been well punted in his last few starts without winning. I was keen on Monsieur Chevailler in the 4.45 Lingfield but didnt get a price before it had been backed. Took Harrison George at 15/2 and he's been well backed as well, fancy either of these two in this race. If they go quick enough, both of these should be finishing quickly at the finish. Then in the last at Wolverhampton, Kieren Fallon going for one ride, the last on the card, Albaqaa whose been racing over 5f/6f which is far too short. Now off a very low mark, back up to a suitable trip and in very weak company. I got 4/1 last night but was well punted this morning even before Exceedexpectations was pulled out. Best price 11/8 now, but in this company looks thrown in. I've done some trebles with these three, plus Beaumont's Party in the 3.15 at Newcastle who's starting out for Brian Ellison after a poor year with Chris Grant last year (who didnt train a flat winner all year). Mark has dropped, with the perfect stable and is well handicapped on the form shown for Andrew Balding two seasons ago. Has been backed this morning and should go close, 3/1 with various firms.

Re: Flat racing Sat 6 April 17.00 Newcastle: Spats Colombo @ 25/1 Paddy Power Like this one for a big price in a pretty poor handicap for 3 year olds. He makes his seasonal debut as well as his handicap debut and could be a bit better of what he has shown in maidens so far. The 1m trip should very much suit as well as the ground and it is interesting that his sire has a very good record at this time of the year, particularly with 3yo. So with conditions to suit this fella could go well of a low mark I feel.

Re: Flat racing Sat 6 April

Does any PJ O'Gorman runner not get backed these days? Finally landed the win with My Son Max lto who had been well punted in his last few starts without winning. I was keen on Monsieur Chevailler in the 4.45 Lingfield but didnt get a price before it had been backed. Took Harrison George at 15/2 and he's been well backed as well, fancy either of these two in this race. If they go quick enough, both of these should be finishing quickly at the finish. Then in the last at Wolverhampton, Kieren Fallon going for one ride, the last on the card, Albaqaa whose been racing over 5f/6f which is far too short. Now off a very low mark, back up to a suitable trip and in very weak company. I got 4/1 last night but was well punted this morning even before Exceedexpectations was pulled out. Best price 11/8 now, but in this company looks thrown in. I've done some trebles with these three, plus Beaumont's Party in the 3.15 at Newcastle who's starting out for Brian Ellison after a poor year with Chris Grant last year (who didnt train a flat winner all year). Mark has dropped, with the perfect stable and is well handicapped on the form shown for Andrew Balding two seasons ago. Has been backed this morning and should go close, 3/1 with various firms.
Feckin Albaqaa's a non runner now, was on for a decent double and treble. What are they up to? Entered in a 5f race monday? Would have thought they'd have some doubles with Monsieur Chevailler laid down B*llocks. Feckin typical the only singles I'd done were Albaqaa and Harrison George who are both pulled, then the other 2 I've only got in multiples win

Re: Flat racing Sat 6 April

1.35 Greenhead high 2.10 Dutch gal 3rd 2.40 Mohawk ridge 1st 25/1 3.15 MAybeagrey 3.55 Canyouconga 5.35 Rise to glory all up with the pace which is required at Newcastle, divide these up into trebles, 4 folds, 5 folds and a 6 fold
sneaked in a 25/1 winner but also on 4 favs which are got beat and only 1 in the frame you have to be prominent at Newcastle as nothing wins held up. Was disappointed those favs were sitting in 4th trying to win from there, only the last one tried to make all but got run out of it at the end. The 25/1 winner was an amazing price for one of Dods' who managed a treble on the day. I will be back for Newcastle again.