Reading v Southampton > Sat 6th April

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Reading v Southampton (12:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.55[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.04 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Reading v Southampton > Sat 6th April Like the odds on Soton here. They are playing nice football recently and manage to beat Liverpool and Chelsea in their last 2 games, even though both wins came at home. Their away performance however is not that impressive, with 8 losses, 5 draws and just 2 wins. But these 2 wins came against Aston Villa and QPR, palced 18th and 19th respectively, and now they are playing Reading who are in the bottom of the table. Reading lost their last 7 games (including FA Cup match against Man.United), including home defeats to Aston Villa and Wigan. This season relegation battle is intence and there is only 6 points difference between Aston Villa (18th) and West Ham (11th), so most of the teams have no other option that attack. Moreover, 67% of Southampton away games and 73% of Reading home games produced 3 or more goals. So I guess Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.72-1.80 looks like a good price.

Re: Reading v Southampton > Sat 6th April ^^Don't forget that this is Nigel Adkins first game at home with Reading. He was only sacked from Southampton back in January and is still trying to sort out compensation for his sacking. No doubt there are some raw feelings there and he will have extra motivation to win this one, plus he will know all the saints players very well, (probably even better than his new Reading players!), so should be able to set up a side to exploit their weaknesses. Personally I think the draw is the way to go on this one. Reading can't win at the moment, but i'm wary of the new manager's influence, especially with the added motivation of beating his recent employers. Saints all of a sudden are looking fairly comfortable in the table up in 12th, though only 4 points off the relegation zone, so a draw wouldn't do them any harm at all. They are not the best away from home and rely mainly on their home form for their wins.

Re: Reading v Southampton > Sat 6th April Not great odds on Southampton IMO, I was hoping for at least 3.00. They are clearly in better shape than Reading right now but their best displays have been at home recently and I just cant justify backing them as a good fave. I think it will be a hard fought game, possibly a draw but at best for Soton a narrow win. I would price it: Reading 2.50 Soton 3.00 or at least somewhere in between around 2.7-2.90 for both.

Re: Reading v Southampton > Sat 6th April [TABLE=width: 428] [TR] [TD]Fancy both teams to go for it here. Adkins played some expansive football as Saints manager and Saints with Pochettino in charge are a fearless, goals team. Really fancy BTTS 1.60 and over 2.5 1.75.[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Reading v Southampton > Sat 6th April 5pts Southampton to beat Reading 13/10 BetVictor Even though Reading have changed their manager I just can’t see anything other than a Southampton win here. Reading concede a ridiculous amount of goals and even God wouldn’t be able to stop that. Their midfield gives their defence no protection and Southampton are very good at exposing defences with their runners from midfield. Unless the Saints feel they are safe and take it easy, which they shouldn’t do because they’re not, then I fully expect an away win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/reading-vs-southampton-betting-southampton-can-expose-reading-s-defensive-deficiencies-20130405

I'd agree with the consensus. I can't see this being a dull affair. Lots of added spice to the game with Adkins coming face to face with the guy that took his job (unjustly felt by many), and I'm sure the Saints players will be looking to impress their old manager. Reading need a win too, which is all they can afford to get. A draw does nothing. I know they're in horrendous form but earlier in the season they did show some good stuff, and they do have the players capable of hurting Southampton.

Re: Reading v Southampton > Sat 6th April Reading-Southampton over 2.5 @1.82 6/10 Pinnacle Nigel Adkins will take charge of Reading as their new coach immediately facing his old team Southampton which he guided to two immediate promotions after taking charge of the Saints. But then, some months ago he got sacked although the club where in a great form (for their standards) and no one could understand that decision made by the bosses. Adkins takes charge of a poor Reading side that had lost six matches on the bounce. The Royals do have a horrible defence conceding goals after goals and they only kept 3 clean sheets in the entire season so far. At home they have produced 11 overs in 15 matches, 10 out of their last 11 matches at all finished with at least 3 goals. Southampton come to London in a great form having just beaten Chelsea 2-1. The Saints are an overish sides themselves with 10 out of 15 away matches having gone over that line. 7 out of their last 9 matches were overs. This encounter has goals written all over it and with these given odds by the bookies, I see a lot of value as this is one line too good for sure. GL

Re: Reading v Southampton > Sat 6th April I'm gonna take a risk and say the odds on Southampton winning are ridiculous. Certainly they have played really well at home, beating Man C, Liverpool and Chelsea, but against the weaker sides they have struggled - losing at home to QPR, as well as Newcastle away. Perhaps it says to me they are a bit better when the other team play a bit more football and take the game to them. This is something that I wouldn't really apply to Reading. Strictly speaking, this game isn't a must-win - they still have some pretty winnable games left with the mark being 37/38 points. The most important thing is to stop the rot, I can see it being quite a dour game. A draw isn't a good result, but it isn't a nail in their coffin, with a beatable Liverpool side coming up next. For Southampton, it's almost job done. A draw gets them almost there but more importantly prevents the relegation sides from getting more points.

Re: Reading v Southampton > Sat 6th April

Reading-Southampton over 2.5 @1.82 6/10 Pinnacle Nigel Adkins will take charge of Reading as their new coach immediately facing his old team Southampton which he guided to two immediate promotions after taking charge of the Saints. But then, some months ago he got sacked although the club where in a great form (for their standards) and no one could understand that decision made by the bosses. Adkins takes charge of a poor Reading side that had lost six matches on the bounce. The Royals do have a horrible defence conceding goals after goals and they only kept 3 clean sheets in the entire season so far. At home they have produced 11 overs in 15 matches, 10 out of their last 11 matches at all finished with at least 3 goals. Southampton come to London in a great form having just beaten Chelsea 2-1. The Saints are an overish sides themselves with 10 out of 15 away matches having gone over that line. 7 out of their last 9 matches were overs. This encounter has goals written all over it and with these given odds by the bookies, I see a lot of value as this is one line too good for sure. GL
0:2 bet lost Reading extremely poor and Southampton wasted several other good chances such as Do Prado's empty net miss in the injury time