Guineas

cpo

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Guineas

Think overall' date=' we can count it as PL 2-0 Paid Pundits in the Classics so far. Never saw the race, but hearing strong things from a few sources that Moth is a serious Oaks prospect on the back of the run. Fair assessment?[/quote'] NO, 7/2 is a stupid price. JTJ 6/1.....??????????????????????????

Re: Guineas 7/2 is far, far too short. Again going to stick my neck out and say we haven't seen an Epsom winner today. May sound a bit stupid as I fancy two horses who won maidens last time out instead. Telescope and Liber Nauticus could give Stoute a very interesting couple of days next month if all goes to plan. They look two very promising middle-distance types.

here's my guineas portfolio Dawn approach (2,000) 8pts win @5/2 Mars (2,000) .5pt e/w 16/1 George Vancouver (2,000) .5pt e/w 22/1 Hot Snap (1,000) 5pts win @6/1 Certify (1,000) 2pts @8/1(refunded) Roshdu Queen (1,000) 1pt win @16/1 Toronado (2,000) @7/2 Hot Snap (1,000) @4/1 1pt e/w double
ended up a few pts up in the end. although Dawn Approach confirmed his rating in the 2,000 I did feel Toronado wasn't quite right and the connections feel the same. Might get a half decent price when he turns out next. Mars ran well for one so inexperienced and was my fancy for the Derby prior to the race so happy enough with his run. Hot Snap again I felt ran below par to be that far back, maybe something will come to light. I took an ante-post Oaks 2pt win option of 20/1 with Just The Judge before the 1,000 so was pleased to see her run very well and she should come on a bundle for it. I didn't envisage Sky Lantern winning so well done those who did. just placed a 2.5pt e/w double on Mars 9/1 and Just The Judge 8/1 for Derby and Oaks.

I think it also pays to look closely at the French horses. My husband was on Makfi when he won in 2010. Although he was sent off at 33/1, you could actually get 50/1 on course that day. Last year I was on French Fifteen who was 2nd. This year I'm interested in Style Vendome who has won a Listed race at Chantilly in March and a Group 3 at Maisons-Lafitte last week. He's also trained by same trainer as French Fifteen and was 25/1 with Betfred the other day. However he may run in the French equivalent instead so I'm waiting to see where he runs before putting any money on him. I think you have to really consider these foreign raiders - they come over here for a reason & obviously think they have a good chance. Just don't EVER put your money on French horses on the Tote in a Group race as they join forces with the Paris Mutuel. When Makfi won the 2000 Guineas, the Tote paid out at 12/1 instead of the 33/1 starting price.
Style Vendome has just won the French 2000 Guineas :rollin

Re: Guineas May have won but Intello was the one to take from the race. Drawn 17, had to drop in wide and then got blocked a few times before absolutely flying up the straight to be beaten a neck.

May have won but Intello was the one to take from the race. Drawn 17' date=' had to drop in wide and then got blocked a few times before absolutely flying up the straight to be beaten a neck.[/quote'] I looked for his Derby odds immediately after the race but he's not entered ! I was really surprised as they've already had a trial run bringing him over for a race at the Craven meeting (which he won impressively) I suppose he might be supplemented ?

Re: Guineas Intello was brought over to Newmarket in search of better ground according to his trainer. Draw beat him yesterday, no doubt about that, I rate him 2nd best miler seen this season behind Dawn Approach. St James Palace next up IMO. Wouldn't be too sure of the course suiting him though, with only a 2f run in. Looks like a horse that prefers a long home run.