** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Doncaster Thread

With the daily threads generally quiet and declarations out for both days, thought might as well have a thread for the entire 2 day meet. I'm buzzing for the 2 days, love this meet. Any early fancies? I'm really keen on Warfare in the last tomorrow, had a break since December where he ran a massive race over 7f at Lingfield. Form of that race looks solid, was only mowed down late by Kickingthelilly who's won again since plus the third and fourth have won since. Travelled sweetly that day, goes on the ground, well drawn, yard going well of late. Should be clear favourite imo and i've got a price in mind ready to take. Also like Educate, been waiting for this horse to reappear, fancy him in the Spring Mile at 14/1 WH but need to look at the race properly.

Re: Doncaster Thread Can't wait for this meeting either, in work for it so won't be able to watch it live but will be having a few bets definitely. On forecast prices I'd be ecstatic to get the 16's ATR pricing up Viva Ronaldo for the 4:10 tomorrow. Goes well fresh, real mudlark after winning in some boggy conditions at Chester last season over 7 furlongs. Had a lot of racing since that win but given a break over the winter, mark has come right down and 7 pound claimer on board tomorrow.

Re: Doncaster Thread

Can't wait for this meeting either' date=' in work for it so won't be able to watch it live but will be having a few bets definitely. On forecast prices I'd be ecstatic to get the 16's ATR pricing up Viva Ronaldo for the 4:10 tomorrow. Goes well fresh, real mudlark after winning in some boggy conditions at Chester last season over 7 furlongs. Had a lot of racing since that win but given a break over the winter, mark has come right down and 7 pound claimer on board tomorrow.[/quote'] Tough race this one imo, much tougher than the second leg. Not too keen on Viva, inexperienced claimer bit off putting and reckon he's being lined up for a race at Chester, but definitely couldnt discount. Keen to see prices on Invincible Hero, Pearl Nation, Piceno and Gouray Girl in this race.

Re: Doncaster Thread RP reporting that Donny is most likely to be called off. Heavy snow expected from tomorrow morning and they already have a plan to reschedule for next Saturday 30th March instead as the first meeting. Inspection already planned for 8am but snow is supposed to be really bad in rush hour traffic tomorrow and then to snow all day long. Nearly into April and still getting fixture problems in racing and footy due to the bloody weather. I have to get to Sheffield on Saturday night too to see Biffy Clyro, wish the snow would just bugger off.

Re: Doncaster Thread Took 9/1 on Pearl Nation earlier and 11/1 Invincible Hero who is still available with WH. Pearl Nation showed promise lto, held up over a mile, first time out this season where the front two dominated and were much better than the rest of the field. Back down to 7f which is far more suitable and still lightly raced. Invincible Hero is a very interesting runner, was well backed a number of occasions last year and ran some creditable races despite refusing to settle over a mile. Was well backed and narrowly beaten first time out last year and returns here off a favourable mark with the drop to 7f looking a wise move. Ground an unknown but gone well with a bit of cut and yard fully capable of readying them. Have backed Warfare at 5/1 but not to the stake I was planning to, think there's a touch of value in the price but think 6/1+ would be huge. Quite a few unknowns in the race and really think Warfare is a solid bet. Also backed The Osteopath at 14/1 VC who won first time out last year off a 6lb higher mark. Getting on now but loves the mud and expect small yard will have him ready. Hard to tell what the Fahey, O'Mearo and Easterby runners will do first time out but wouldnt be surprised to see any of them well backed and win. Hoping it goes ahead

Re: Doncaster Thread Turner strikes again, Ehraab pointed it out, Bowles pointed it out, hope people were on, I wasnt. Dont see why there's 5 non runners in the 4.10, it was obviously going to be heavy ground, why declare them if you're going to pull them out if it's heavy. Quite like Piceno now in that field, not much pace, stays 7f well and could bounce out and make all, big price.

Re: Doncaster Thread All over Art Scholar in the next. Has it all to do at the weights but hopeful of a big run. Small field isn't ideal but I think he has continued to run well since winning impressively here at the track. Has looked unlucky at times in Dubai so fingers crossed for a good run.

All over Art Scholar in the next. Has it all to do at the weights but hopeful of a big run. Small field isn't ideal but I think he has continued to run well since winning impressively here at the track. Has looked unlucky at times in Dubai so fingers crossed for a good run.
No probs with fitness or ground, so as you say the only question is the weight. Can he make the step forward? Not sure But best of luck, hope he does it for you. Myself I dont think the FAV will be an easy nut to crack. To hard a race for me.

No probs with fitness or ground, so as you say the only question is the weight. Can he make the step forward? Not sure But best of luck, hope he does it for you. Myself I dont think the FAV will be an easy nut to crack. To hard a race for me.
Did it well John Porter. Group 3 April 20th

Re: Doncaster Thread Fancy Shahdaroba in the next @ 10/1. Atzeni booked which should ensure horse is fit to run well as seen on a few occasions recently for the Millman/Atzeni combo. Horse also has fine form on heavy ground, was only a neck beaten on bottomless ground last year in a class 2 Handicap at York. Should go really well here I feel.

Re: Doncaster Thread Gouray Girl looking pretty short in the next, such a frustating horse but if anyones gunna get a win out of her it's Brian Ellison. I backed her lto at Southwell but she's so difficult to win with I think she's worth opposing, although this does look a good opportunity for her. Also got both Classic Colori and Defence Council who dont win as much as they threaten to. Classic Colori yet to win a handicap yet, but same with Gouray Girl, this looks a good opportunity. Im with Invincible Hero and Piceno who should both be prominent which I think will help here. Doubts over the ground with Invincible Hero is the main concern.

Re: Doncaster Thread Unlucky Nick, so frustrating when you dont even get a run. If it's any consolation, I dont think anything was beating Gouray Girl. Was quite shocking though, not even as if she just missed it, took the blindfold off so, so late. Expect Gouray Girl to pick up some decent races on the soft this year, joined the perfect yard.

She was too busy looking at the television camera... she is quite the looker haha :loon
Haha, was gunna say the same, didnt get a proper look though before she put her goggles down. Someone find her twitter, expect she'll need to delete it if she's got one after that shocker. Awaits Primevil telling us she was in on the coup with connections to land a huge place lay just before the off.

Haha, was gunna say the same, didnt get a proper look though before she put her goggles down. Someone find her twitter, expect she'll need to delete it if she's got one after that shocker. Awaits Primevil telling us she was in on the coup with connections to land a huge place lay just before the off.
LOLLLOLOL No Serious,,,she was first in, looking into the camera, and talking to the jockeys around her. I think she completely forgot there was a blind on. £140 fine she got. Which is no consolation. Agree that anything like that, for any Jockey, needs to be put on a full days training course, as a mandatory measure.