Sunderland v Manchester United > Sat 30th March

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sunderland v Manchester United (12:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.61[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.69 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Sat 30th March Under 2.5 goals 1/1 @ Paddy Power - I think this game will go under 2.5 goals because United play Chelsea in the FA Cup 2 days after this game and with the title all but wrapped up, they may have one eye on the FA Cup quarter-final replay. However, Sunderland are on such a terrible run at the moment picking up just 3 points in their last 7 games and are now dangerously close to the relegation zone. Sunderland have really struggled for goals this season which has surprised me a little bit because they have some decent attacking options in Fletcher, Graham, Johnson and Sessegnon. Sunderland have scored just 33 goals in 30 games this season which is an average of just 1.1 goals per game. They have the 4th worst home scoring record but have one of the best home defensive records conceding only 16 goals in 15 games. United may rest a few players because of the game at Chelsea 2 days after this and this won't be an easy game for United with the home crowd behind the Black Cats who are desperate for the points. United have improved defensively as the season has gone on and now don't concede many at all. Evens for under 2.5 goals looks like a decent bet to me. Man United to beat Sunderland 8/13 @ Coral - Although United play Chelsea just 2 days after this game i still fancy them to grind out a win here as Sunderland are on a dreadful run of form at the moment. Sunderland have a terrible recent record against Man Utd and haven't beaten them since 1997. United have a habit of winning tight games and i think that will be the case here. Van Persie hasn't scored for a few games now but i still think United will edge it as Rooney has been in good form of late and they have looked fairly solid at the back in the past few months and 8/13 is a big enough price for me to take. Sunderland have a home record of W4 D6 L 5 F17 A 16. United have an away record of W10 D2 L2 F30 A 16. Correct Score: Sunderland 0-1 Man Utd 7/1 @ Bet Victor - Smallish stakes on the 0-1 correct score here. I can see this game being fairly cagey because Sunderland will try and play on the counter and sit back for much of the game as they would definitely take a point here. Sunderland are struggling for goals and will probably try and play for a 0-0 here but i think United will eventually break them down.

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Sat 30th March It is good to have in mind that the game is played on Saturday afternoon and on Monday United plays the FA replay with Chelsea. So, exactly two days of rest for the team. Given that most of the players of United are internationals, it would mean that the majority of them will have to play 4 games for ten days. Since United are already secure at the top, I am confident we are going to see mainly reserve players against Sunderland, as SAF will be looking for a double. P.S. Chelsea's situation is even worse - they have Europa League against Rubin on Thursday.

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Sat 30th March With Cattermole out, and no fletcher for the rest of te season it's hard to see where the already goal shy Sunderland are going to score, I know united may have an eye on the Chelsea fixture but it's this fine balance of team selection that ferguson has mastered over the years and with a more than capable squad I can only see a professional united side turning out, a professional performance and rolling over Sunderland.

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Sat 30th March As a Sunderland fan, the best we can hope for here is 0-0 I think. If Rooney plays then we're in big trouble as he has some sort of personal vendetta against the club/fans (after applauding the last minute city goal last season), and I'd expect him to be really up for filling his boots. Add to that the pace of Young/Hernandez/Valencia and our defence seem likely to be caught out if we give them any space. We'll probably be tight at the back and the longer it stays 0-0 the more it will favour us. Man Utd have a habit of sitting back once they have an advantage, especially away, and so I predict the most likely score as 0-1. Unders looks a particularly nice bet here as does the anti-BTTS (desperate Danny playing as the lone striker).

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Sat 30th March 4pts Man Utd to win to nil 7/4 Betfred Sunderland’s problem all season long has been their inability to score goals and that isn’t going to get any better without Steven Fletcher. I don’t expect this to be the strongest United side on record but they have such a good squad that they can rest players and still win this and I think there’s plenty of value in them to win this without conceding given Sunderland’s scoring woes. Whoever is in the back for United should be capable of snuffing Sunderland out so 7/4 on United to win to nil looks very good value to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sunderland-vs-man-utd-betting-united-can-move-18-points-clear-without-conceding-at-the-stadium-of-light-20130329

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Sat 30th March After seeing Sunderlands performance last week i wouldnt expect them to get anything from this game even without Fletcher, even with the extra man they just seemed to lose any sort of cutting edge, even the home fans were showing their frustration. They need to up their game against Utd or face a demolishing, but i dont think that will happen anyway, as the above said Utd will have their eye on the cup game on Monday, i read somewhere Fergie will mix it up, so i'd expect Utd to take full control of the game and win a comfortable 1 or 2 to nil. Like the above im looking at the under 2.5 goals, but would also put a small stake on Utd to win with under 2.5 goals

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Sat 30th March Injuries and suspensions Sunderland v Manchester United Sunderland: Vaughan (18/0 m), Sessegnon (30/5 m) (both doubtful), Brown (0/0 d), Cattermole (10/0 m), Cuellar (20/1 d), Fletcher (28/11 f, top scorer) Manchester United: Fletcher (3/1 m), Keane (0/0 f)

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Sat 30th March As everyone's said, I think this will be tight, low-scoring and not a classic. With Cattermole and Fletcher out, Sunderland will be pretty toothless, but O'Neill will have them fired up with the relegation places looming. Utd will no doubt have one eye on the Chelsea game, and Fergie is bound to rest some of the guys coming back from long distance international trips (Valencia, Hernandez etc), as well as RVP perhaps as he's desperate for a rest and out of form. So i'll go for Sunderland +1 at 6/5 with Sportingbet, as a low-scoring draw is likely here. We've seen what happens when Utd take their foot off the gas earlier in the season (Cluj, Galatasary) and this could be the shock result they're due.

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Sat 30th March Man United to beat Sunderland @ 7/10 (William Hill:10pts) What is this price? I expected United to be 1/2 here. Sunderland are pure muck tbh, rubbish season from them and Martin O'Neill considering some of the players they have and money that's been spent. United have Chelsea in the cup so may make some changes but they can do it comfortably and I expect a professional performance from them like when they went to QPR a few weeks back...keep it solid at the back and there's a goal or two in it for them. Sunderland look terrible whenever I see them, and the fans look pissed off, their main goal threat is injured now in Fletcher and Cattermole gone too. Sunderland are in real danger of going down IMO if they slip in the next few. United have the league won but will get the win today, I have no doubt about it. Professional performance IMO, Sunderland are blunt and United have the firepower to get it done, regardless of whether he picks RVP, Rooney or the other two. Man United 2-0 win for me. Full bet on United win, let's get it done. :hope

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Sat 30th March Man Utd: De Gea, Rafael, Buttner, Smalling, Vidic, Carrick, Valencia, Anderson, Young, Kagawa, van Persie. Subs: Evra, Evans, Nani, Welbeck, Cleverley, Powell, Lindegaard. A strong line up for United, I'd say.

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Sat 30th March Man Utd -1 Corner Handicap 5/6 (Bet365) 10/11 (skybet) I fancy United in the corner handicap, although recently they haven't been going as corner mad as usual I tend to find them a reliable corners team who are playing an out of form Sunderland who are missing key players. Surprised to see such a generous handicap. I doubled it up with a Utd win for around 2/1

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Sat 30th March First goal will probably end up going to a dubious goal panel - how does that work with the bookies when you have RvP as first goalscorer? It's currently showing as an og with bbc/livescore etc (so my particular bet is still live anyway) but the ultimate decider will be if RvP's strike was on target before it hit Bardsley's legs.......and the panel could take a while!

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Sat 30th March

Under 2.5 goals 1/1 @ Paddy Power - I think this game will go under 2.5 goals because United play Chelsea in the FA Cup 2 days after this game and with the title all but wrapped up, they may have one eye on the FA Cup quarter-final replay. However, Sunderland are on such a terrible run at the moment picking up just 3 points in their last 7 games and are now dangerously close to the relegation zone. Sunderland have really struggled for goals this season which has surprised me a little bit because they have some decent attacking options in Fletcher, Graham, Johnson and Sessegnon. Sunderland have scored just 33 goals in 30 games this season which is an average of just 1.1 goals per game. They have the 4th worst home scoring record but have one of the best home defensive records conceding only 16 goals in 15 games. United may rest a few players because of the game at Chelsea 2 days after this and this won't be an easy game for United with the home crowd behind the Black Cats who are desperate for the points. United have improved defensively as the season has gone on and now don't concede many at all. Evens for under 2.5 goals looks like a decent bet to me. Man United to beat Sunderland 8/13 @ Coral - Although United play Chelsea just 2 days after this game i still fancy them to grind out a win here as Sunderland are on a dreadful run of form at the moment. Sunderland have a terrible recent record against Man Utd and haven't beaten them since 1997. United have a habit of winning tight games and i think that will be the case here. Van Persie hasn't scored for a few games now but i still think United will edge it as Rooney has been in good form of late and they have looked fairly solid at the back in the past few months and 8/13 is a big enough price for me to take. Sunderland have a home record of W4 D6 L 5 F17 A 16. United have an away record of W10 D2 L2 F30 A 16. Correct Score: Sunderland 0-1 Man Utd 7/1 @ Bet Victor - Smallish stakes on the 0-1 correct score here. I can see this game being fairly cagey because Sunderland will try and play on the counter and sit back for much of the game as they would definitely take a point here. Sunderland are struggling for goals and will probably try and play for a 0-0 here but i think United will eventually break them down.
Excellent call, hoddspur! :clap

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Sat 30th March

Under 2.5 goals 1/1 @ Paddy Power - I think this game will go under 2.5 goals because United play Chelsea in the FA Cup 2 days after this game and with the title all but wrapped up, they may have one eye on the FA Cup quarter-final replay. However, Sunderland are on such a terrible run at the moment picking up just 3 points in their last 7 games and are now dangerously close to the relegation zone. Sunderland have really struggled for goals this season which has surprised me a little bit because they have some decent attacking options in Fletcher, Graham, Johnson and Sessegnon. Sunderland have scored just 33 goals in 30 games this season which is an average of just 1.1 goals per game. They have the 4th worst home scoring record but have one of the best home defensive records conceding only 16 goals in 15 games. United may rest a few players because of the game at Chelsea 2 days after this and this won't be an easy game for United with the home crowd behind the Black Cats who are desperate for the points. United have improved defensively as the season has gone on and now don't concede many at all. Evens for under 2.5 goals looks like a decent bet to me. Man United to beat Sunderland 8/13 @ Coral - Although United play Chelsea just 2 days after this game i still fancy them to grind out a win here as Sunderland are on a dreadful run of form at the moment. Sunderland have a terrible recent record against Man Utd and haven't beaten them since 1997. United have a habit of winning tight games and i think that will be the case here. Van Persie hasn't scored for a few games now but i still think United will edge it as Rooney has been in good form of late and they have looked fairly solid at the back in the past few months and 8/13 is a big enough price for me to take. Sunderland have a home record of W4 D6 L 5 F17 A 16. United have an away record of W10 D2 L2 F30 A 16. Correct Score: Sunderland 0-1 Man Utd 7/1 @ Bet Victor - Smallish stakes on the 0-1 correct score here. I can see this game being fairly cagey because Sunderland will try and play on the counter and sit back for much of the game as they would definitely take a point here. Sunderland are struggling for goals and will probably try and play for a 0-0 here but i think United will eventually break them down.
Top of the tip parade :clap