Cheltenham up or down?

Re: Cheltenham up or down?

All fine and dandy when they win Bowles' date=' but Hurricane Fly was everyone's banker last year at 8/11 and he got mullered. Not so pretty if you had £200 on him doubled up with Quevega the year previous. There is no value putting that sort of money on shorties at Cheltenham, only the week before Chelters you were saying you were staying away from all the short priced favourite's.[/quote'] i agree Aidy, dont get me wrong this was a statement after the event. Having looked at the chances of Simonsig/SS in their respective races, they had little to beat. only the course or the weather could beat them & both were course winners. I am not a favourite backer especially at Cheltenham and certainly not odds on. However i know the big hitters may see otherwise to get a near 5/4 double on those 2 would be far better than backing Dynaste for example.

Re: Cheltenham up or down? Awful. Beyond belief. Wasn't simply just unlucky but was getting horses who should have held every chance off the bridle after about half a mile. Aupcharlie, Arvika Ligeonniere, Hawkes Point, Pendra, Ballybough Pat, Get Me Out Of Here, Rolling Star, Ifandbutwhynot, Ma Filleule and Rody all quite well fancied or at least in the first 5 or 6 in the betting. All of them absolutely battered despite having the form to compete going into the race. Was ridiculous really. And when the horses did travel they fell (Grandouet, Boston Bob) or were brought down (Our Vinnie). Usually love the festival as a spectacle and as a punter but only enjoyed one race and that was the Neptune. Had no bet but put The New One up in the ante-post comp here and like the horse. Next year simply cannot be any worse. Thankfully I'm still about 30pts up for the season thanks to a successful campaign elsewhere but a good Cheltenham would have topped it off nicely. Fair bit of pressure on Aintree now rather than having the pleasure of a good season regardless of what happens there.