** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Everton v Manchester City > Sat 16th March

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Everton v Manchester City (12:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.34 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Everton v Manchester City > Sat 16th March Interesting fact is that out of the last 10 games between these 2 sides Everton won 7 and City won 2, and the last game ended 1-1. Moreover, Everton have beaten Man.City in the last 3 games at home.

Re: Everton v Manchester City > Sat 16th March Maybe Everton do have some kind of hex over City, if that price of 2.2 for City win is real I am tempted to kick superstition into next week. Everton are in a downward spiral, one which has been greased by the loss of Howard and Jagielka. They are a massive loss for Everton. City look to have a bit more desire about them, although I was slightly underwhelmed by their victory at Villa last week. Dont think this price will hold long so might have to get in on it sooner rather than later.....too early in the day/week to actually commit any funds so will probably sleep on it.

Re: Everton v Manchester City > Sat 16th March everton have been a curse man city in recent years but i'm favouring them this time simply because man city is showing a bit of resurgent form while everton at this stage of the season seem losing theirs

Re: Everton v Manchester City > Sat 16th March I call a draw here, the everton fans will definitely want a reaction after what happened with wigan and hopefully fellaini will be fired up too. Playing at goodison is not easy even man utd lost on their travels.

Re: Everton v Manchester City > Sat 16th March All is not well at Everton. I remember saying on a thread about a week back about how the fans were not happy with Moyes and that hatred has increased since their dire performance against Wigan. Fellaini did not do a Q + A on the Everton Website on Monday as planned as it got cancelled. Moyes' contract situation lingers on and I cannot see him signing a new deal now, rumour has it he offered to resign to Kenwright on Saturday but was told to stick it out till the end of the season. The fans are not happy, none are re-newing their season tickets for next season as they are unhappy at Kenwright and the board. With everything thats going on at the club and the hostile atmosphere between the fans and the club at the moment I would be weary of this even though Everton normally put on a good show against Man City.

Re: Everton v Manchester City > Sat 16th March Havent been impressed with Everton in 2013, pretty average side. Although they can often step it up at home to the better sides, I'd say draw at best for them here as I dont see enough firepower in the side - Jelavic is a donkey, Fellaini's performances have dipped compared to before Xmas. City look on the brink of some good form but I wouldnt back them to outright win this one. I'd say 1-1 draw right now.

Re: Everton v Manchester City > Sat 16th March

Maybe Everton do have some kind of hex over City' date=' if that price of 2.2 for City win is real I am tempted to kick superstition into next week. Everton are in a downward spiral, one which has been greased by the loss of Howard and Jagielka. They are a massive loss for Everton. City look to have a bit more desire about them, although I was slightly underwhelmed by their victory at Villa last week. Dont think this price will hold long so might have to get in on it sooner rather than later.....too early in the day/week to actually commit any funds so will probably sleep on it.[/quote'] 'Downward spiral' is a bit harsh, they did win their last Premier League game and 7 points from last 3 at home. But as you say Howard is injured and although he's been shaky this season I think that's a big blow. Much conceded 3 last week, not sure how many of them can be put down to him though. Everton, maybe we can see a reaction from them but I think City are playing well at the moment and odds of 2.1 are too big for me to ignore. Is televised though which means inplay betting.

Havent been impressed with Everton in 2013, pretty average side. Although they can often step it up at home to the better sides, I'd say draw at best for them here as I dont see enough firepower in the side - Jelavic is a donkey, Fellaini's performances have dipped compared to before Xmas. City look on the brink of some good form but I wouldnt back them to outright win this one. I'd say 1-1 draw right now.
Yeah Jelavic has been shocking this season!!! Fellaini stopped scoring recently too.

Interesting fact is that out of the last 10 games between these 2 sides Everton won 7 and City won 2' date=' and the last game ended 1-1. Moreover, Everton have beaten Man.City in the last 3 games at home.[/quote'] Moreover, this season Everton have scored in 13 out of their 14 home games. Both to Score @ 1.61 ​William Hill

Re: Everton v Manchester City > Sat 16th March I hope I am wrong but think City will have too much and win 3-1. Silva will start to improve now as other players legs tire. Everton should improve from the Wigan game but they miss Howard as an authority figure and City will score more. Tevez will be a likely scorer.

Moreover, this season Everton have scored in 13 out of their 14 home games. Both to Score @ 1.61 ​William Hill
That's true but the calibre of opposition has been of differing abilities. I think City have been pretty tight of late. They're tighter now than earlier in the season anyway, so 1.60 seems a little low for me as I view this game as one that may be a pretty tight contest. A 1 or 2 nil victory to City would be my call because I can now see Everton having that end of season dip. They also concede poor goals, and as IAG has said, Fellaini hasn't been as impressive as he was earlier in the season - the chances are he has a move lined up for the summer!

Re: Everton v Manchester City > Sat 16th March This Man City side has too much class against an average Everton. They are a motivated side with an outside chance of the league, and will certainly be all out not to finish 3rd. Easy win to City for me. I can see them scoring three or four goals. Nap of the weekend

Re: Everton v Manchester City > Sat 16th March The odds for City are too good to miss. It makes me a bit cautious though, as clearly the bookies feel City are that price for a reason. I'll be taking City Double Chance @ 1.28 with SkyBet, and combine it with another selection for a double. Citys' recent form against Everton has been poor, that much is clear to see. However, City have only lost 2 away games in the PL all season (out of 14). Everton could jump up to 5th in the league with a win, but as has been said, Jagielka and Howard are big losses to Evertons defence. I think the long-term future of the David Moyes could be detrimental to the sides' finish to the season as well. I think their heads will be down after the cup exit, and don't expect them to win this one. Hopefully City will want to cement 2nd place, and maybe they still believe they can re-create the incredible finish to the season last year, although I don't think they can.

Re: Everton v Manchester City > Sat 16th March 3pts Draw 13/5 Bet365 Manchester City are in good nick at the minute and while Everton have hit a sticky patch they always outperform themselves against the big names at Goodison Park and there’s no reason why they won’t do that here. Everton have nothing really to lose but I’m sure David Moyes will expect a response from his players after the disappointment of last week. City still don’t look brilliant on the road so for me this one has a touch of the draw about it. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/everton-vs-man-city-betting-everton-can-frustrate-man-city-at-goodison-park

Re: Everton v Manchester City > Sat 16th March Fellani looks like he doesn't want to be there, Jags is out, Everton loose to one of the poorest teams in the league and are on a bit of a dodgy run: I can't see any reason to bet against City doing the business despite missing a few key players. MAXIMUM BET MAN CITY WIN @ 6/5 SKYBET

Re: Everton v Manchester City > Sat 16th March I really cant see why people are predicting a easy city win here. Everton have won the three last home matches against city and are undefeated in their last 17 of 18 at home against any team. They usually get their act together against bigger clubs and have a habbit of coming back from disapoiting results, like the horrible loss against Wigan. And IF City is missing booth Aguero and Tevez they are lacking big firepower in front wich means that the missing of Howard for Everton maybe that big. I can see a City win here, but not a big one. I predict Everton will be firing on all sylinders from the start and maybe get the opening goal. I back Everton on a small bet @3,95 Betfair, with hopes of a quick exit. And back Everton +1 @1,44 Betfair.

Re: Everton v Manchester City > Sat 16th March Tevez and fellaini both to start. Man city starting 11 Hart, Zabaleta, Kolo Toure, Nastasic, Milner, Garcia, Barry, Kolarov, Silva, Tevez, Dzeko Everton starting 11 Mucha, Baines, Gibson, Heitinga, Mirallas, Distin, Osman, Pienaar, Coleman, Fellaini, Anichebe Looking at them teams i think Man city will edge it but it'l be closer than alot think. 1 pt Man city 2-1 15/2 Skybet 3 pt Man city win 23/20 Skybet

The odds for City are too good to miss. It makes me a bit cautious though, as clearly the bookies feel City are that price for a reason. I'll be taking City Double Chance @ 1.28 with SkyBet, and combine it with another selection for a double. Citys' recent form against Everton has been poor, that much is clear to see. However, City have only lost 2 away games in the PL all season (out of 14). Everton could jump up to 5th in the league with a win, but as has been said, Jagielka and Howard are big losses to Evertons defence. I think the long-term future of the David Moyes could be detrimental to the sides' finish to the season as well. I think their heads will be down after the cup exit, and don't expect them to win this one. Hopefully City will want to cement 2nd place, and maybe they still believe they can re-create the incredible finish to the season last year, although I don't think they can.
Bet loses. Terrible pick. No Aguero, Toure or Kompany. H2H form clearly means more than I've ever taken into account. Shan performance from City, no innovation at all...completely deserved to be beaten.

I hope I am wrong but think City will have too much and win 3-1. Silva will start to improve now as other players legs tire. Everton should improve from the Wigan game but they miss Howard as an authority figure and City will score more. Tevez will be a likely scorer.
Glad I was wrong, didn't bet cos I hate City but the were crap. Well done to Everton they were the better team and deserved it.