Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 10th March

Wow Liverpool look short here I was expecting them to be about 2.4 here yet they are 1.9 at most bookies. I know Spurs are playing Inter Milan on Thursday but I wouldn't touch Liverpool with a bargepole at 1.9 They are playing against a team who are in 3rd place and unbeaten in 12 PL games with the most in form player in the league and possibly in the whole of Europe. Add the fact that Spurs will be even more confident after just beating their fierce rivals and Liverpool's price looks laughable. Sent from my iPhone using PL Forum app

Re: Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 10th March I know what you;re saying hoddspur but i think Liverpool is better all around. Had a more efficient team like united had dominance over spurs like arsenal did for the first 30 odd mins they wouldve scored before spurs did and its a different game. I wouldn't read too much into the Spurs arsenal game except it was over by 2-0. I think BTTS is good, wouldnt be suprised to see a high scoring game and pool winning.

Re: Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 10th March Liverpool are really short here, undeniably they are on the up but evens is short for them. spurs have a big match tonight and are taking the Europa seriously. but they are red hot and at those kind of prices they are without doubt the value bet of this tie

We still haven't beaten a top half team - Swansea reserves has been as good as it gets. We've had decent results against bottom half sides recently but can you really say Liverpool have a greater than 50% chance of winning here? Laying the reds looks to have value IMO.

Re: Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 10th March Tottenham are in a really good form at the moment. They played well against Inter in Europa League winning 3-0. Even though I support Arsenal, I have to admit that Spurs will finish 4th in the league. The draw is very likely here in my opinion.

Re: Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 10th March Tottenham + 2 Goals @ 1.30 Spurs' form speaks for itself. They did have to play last night, but it was at home, so that nullifies any issues about being tired from travelling. Liverpool have been good at home, but like aliando mentioned, they haven't hit great form against the 'bigger' sides. I can't see them winning this one, let alone by more than one goal. This will be put in a double with another bet. BTTS is really attractive also, if the odds were a little bit more generous, that would have been my pick. It depends if the two stars turn up, Suarez and Bale, whoever has the better game will probably decide it.

Re: Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 10th March What is it with the terrible odds on Liverpool each and every time they play a big club? I find it hard to believe Liverpool are going to manage to beat a side four places and twelve points ahead of them in the EPL. Tottenham have simply found themselves in good form and I don't see them stopping anytime soon. They comfortably brushed Inter to one side last night and walking away with a 3-0 result will have them gunning for more victories. Liverpool have certainly improved since making a few signings during the January transfer window but I just can't see them getting anything from an all mighty Spurs team. So with all that being said, I'm going with the following bet: Tottenham DNB @ 2/1 w/ William Hill

Re: Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 10th March Out of curiosity, who here thinks this game is going to be a low scoring affair? Looking at Liverpools results at home in recent weeks, there doesn't look like there has been an awful lot of goals. Certainly one strong point that Liverpool have is their back line. It's not often they seem to slip up and that might have something to do with it. For me, I can see this game being low on goals (yes even up against the likes of Bale) so I think I might lay a little cheeky number down on Under 2.5 on this one too: Under 2.5 Goals @ 6/5 w/ Paddy Power

Re: Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 10th March Home win for me. Liverpool are in good form and scoring freely. Aaron Lennon is out for Spurs and Dembele has a slight knock from thursday night. Sturridge should be fit so adding him to Coutinho and Suarez will really bolster the front line. I think Spurs will play Bale behind Defoe and therefore Holtby at left midfield. Holtby is not a natural in that position so Glen Johnson should get some joy getting up the wing. Gerrard vs Dembele (if he makes it) will be good to watch and I expect Gerrard's freshness will help. Fancy Liverpool to score atleast twice in this match and that should be enough to win

Re: Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 10th March 4pts Over 2.5 goals 7/10 Ladbrokes I think we’ll see goals in this match. We’ve got two of the hottest goalscorers in the league in this game in Suarez and Bale but there’s plenty of other creative players on show who can put the ball in the back of the net. Both sides can defend but it isn’t the strength of either and with the quality of the attacking players on show I think over 2.5 goals looks the best play in this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/liverpool-vs-tottenham-betting-anfield-should-play-host-to-a-few-goals-on-sunday-

Re: Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 10th March

4pts Over 2.5 goals 7/10 Ladbrokes I think we’ll see goals in this match. We’ve got two of the hottest goalscorers in the league in this game in Suarez and Bale but there’s plenty of other creative players on show who can put the ball in the back of the net. Both sides can defend but it isn’t the strength of either and with the quality of the attacking players on show I think over 2.5 goals looks the best play in this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/liverpool-vs-tottenham-betting-anfield-should-play-host-to-a-few-goals-on-sunday-
I agree, although it's worth considering their recent clashes (especially at Anfield) before laying, and they don't look promising for goals... [TABLE=class: matches] [TR=class: odd match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Wed[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]28/11/12[/TD] [TD=class: competition]PRL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a strong] Tottenham Hotspur [/TD] [TD=class: score-time score] 2 - 1 [/TD] [TD=class: team team-b] Liverpool [/TD] [TD=class: events-button button] View events [/TD] [TD=class: -button button] [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Sat[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]28/07/12[/TD] [TD=class: competition]CLF[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a] Liverpool [/TD] [TD=class: score-time score] 0 - 0 [/TD] [TD=class: team team-b] Tottenham Hotspur [/TD] [TD=class: events-button button] [/TD] [TD=class: -button button] [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Mon[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]06/02/12[/TD] [TD=class: competition]PRL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a] Liverpool [/TD] [TD=class: score-time score] 0 - 0 [/TD] [TD=class: team team-b] Tottenham Hotspur [/TD] [TD=class: events-button button] [/TD] [TD=class: -button button] [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Sun[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]18/09/11[/TD] [TD=class: competition]PRL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a strong] Tottenham Hotspur [/TD] [TD=class: score-time score] 4 - 0 [/TD] [TD=class: team team-b] Liverpool [/TD] [TD=class: -button button] [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Sun[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]15/05/11[/TD] [TD=class: competition]PRL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a] Liverpool [/TD] [TD=class: score-time score] 0 - 2 [/TD] [TD=class: team team-b strong] Tottenham Hotspur [/TD] [TD=class: -button button] [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Sun[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]28/11/10[/TD] [TD=class: competition]PRL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a strong] Tottenham Hotspur [/TD] [TD=class: score-time score] 2 - 1 [/TD] [TD=class: team team-b] Liverpool [/TD] [TD=class: -button button] [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Wed[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]20/01/10[/TD] [TD=class: competition]PRL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a strong] Liverpool [/TD] [TD=class: score-time score] 2 - 0 [/TD] [TD=class: team team-b] Tottenham Hotspur [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 10th March Liverpool-Tottenham over 2.5 @1.80 5/10 Pinnacle Liverpool are again way underprized. Sure, they beat Wigan last week very comfortable, but that's just Wigan and before that week they beat a Swansea side which restes almost all of their starters. Otherwise Liverpool haven't beat any of the teams which are higher raned in the table than the Reds! Liverpool are good in beating those worser teams but not when it comes to beating top teams. Furthermore they score a lot of goals, especially recently with Suarez in top form. But they also concede goals, mainly against better teams. Tottenham are in a very good form, they outplayed Inter Milano on Thursday and again, Bale was at his best. He is outstanding and one of the very best players. In addition to that, Defoe is also in a great form unlike Adebayor. Spurs come to the Anfield Road with 11 overs in 14 matches. They won't find it too hard to break that Liverpool defence, especially with Bale and Defoe. This one has a lot of goals inside and I think that we are about to see something like a 2-2. +0.75 on Spurs looks also great given that Liverpool cannot beat higher ranked teams. GL

Re: Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 10th March There is one thing that Fergie really understands, that none of the other managers get .... It can be summed up in 2 words ... PACE FRESHNESS You can't flog a player all season and expect him to be fresh. Flogging can be many things... Playing him upfront on his own.... Never giving him a rest or a game off.... Playing him out of position... Goals are made by having a reliable stable of strikers. They must be 100% fit, fresh, and ready to go... Rotate your strikers, bring in willing runners , with pace, which makes space, which creates scoring opportunities, and results in goals. Who are the key players here : BALE and SUAREZ. If they don't get on the score sheet the overs is in danger. It makes the over/under a complete coin-flip. I do think SPurs are playing terrific soccer and at 3-1 the bookies offer a great price for them to win. They are rock solid at the back, and will give Liverpool big problems on the break....

Re: Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 10th March I reckon draw here @ 3/1. Liverpool have started showing some form lately and surely spurs are due to drop some points soon. For those who bet on card markets what do you think of Liverpool 2 or more cards @ 4/5, seems good to me especially with the pace of spurs?

Re: Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur > Sun 10th March I really don't think spurs are rock solid at the back at all. Just look at the the games theyve played against good teams recently away form home and they all score gainst spurs. The only time spurs manage to keep a clean sheet is when they play crap teams like QPR was a 0-0. Liverpool win for me, the better all aroudn team.

Liverpool-Tottenham over 2.5 @1.80 5/10 Pinnacle Liverpool are again way underprized. Sure, they beat Wigan last week very comfortable, but that's just Wigan and before that week they beat a Swansea side which restes almost all of their starters. Otherwise Liverpool haven't beat any of the teams which are higher raned in the table than the Reds! Liverpool are good in beating those worser teams but not when it comes to beating top teams. Furthermore they score a lot of goals, especially recently with Suarez in top form. But they also concede goals, mainly against better teams. Tottenham are in a very good form, they outplayed Inter Milano on Thursday and again, Bale was at his best. He is outstanding and one of the very best players. In addition to that, Defoe is also in a great form unlike Adebayor. Spurs come to the Anfield Road with 11 overs in 14 matches. They won't find it too hard to break that Liverpool defence, especially with Bale and Defoe. This one has a lot of goals inside and I think that we are about to see something like a 2-2. +0.75 on Spurs looks also great given that Liverpool cannot beat higher ranked teams. GL
3:2 bet won

Tottenham + 2 Goals @ 1.30 Spurs' form speaks for itself. They did have to play last night, but it was at home, so that nullifies any issues about being tired from travelling. Liverpool have been good at home, but like aliando mentioned, they haven't hit great form against the 'bigger' sides. I can't see them winning this one, let alone by more than one goal. This will be put in a double with another bet. BTTS is really attractive also, if the odds were a little bit more generous, that would have been my pick. It depends if the two stars turn up, Suarez and Bale, whoever has the better game will probably decide it.
Bet wins... :cigar