New Zealand vs England T20 Series & ODI Series

kevshat

Didn't realise the warm up games for this series are live on Sky until I just put the Superbowl on Sky :lol. As it happens by the sound of it the first warm up game will be washed out anyway but after the warm up matches New Zealand will host England in 3 T20 internationals and then 3 ODI matches after that. All the games are live on Sky and the small grounds out in New Zealand always make for good watchable cricket. Schedule: [TABLE=width: 630]

[TR=class: FixOtr] [TD=width: 25%]Mon Feb 4 04:00 GMT | 17:00 local 04:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] New Zealand XI v England XI Cobham Oval (New), Whangarei [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 11.png 19 - 23° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOtr] [TD=width: 25%] Wed Feb 6 01:00 GMT | 14:00 local 01:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] New Zealand XI v England XI Cobham Oval (New), Whangarei [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 32.png 15 - 21° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sat Feb 9 06:00 GMT | 19:00 local 06:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st T20I - New Zealand v England Eden Park, Auckland [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 32.png 17 - 23° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Tue Feb 12 06:00 GMT | 19:00 local 06:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd T20I - New Zealand v England Seddon Park, Hamilton [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Fri Feb 15 06:00 GMT | 19:00 local 06:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 3rd T20I - New Zealand v England Westpac Stadium, Wellington [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sun Feb 17 01:00 GMT | 14:00 local 01:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st ODI - New Zealand v England Seddon Park, Hamilton [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Wed Feb 20 01:00 GMT | 14:00 local 01:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd ODI - New Zealand v England McLean Park, Napier [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sat Feb 23 01:00 GMT | 14:00 local 01:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 3rd ODI - New Zealand v England Eden Park, Auckland [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: New Zealand vs England T20 Series & ODI Series Second warm up match preview: 4pts England Most 6's 10/11 Coral One area where I think there is betting potential in this game is for England to hit the most 6’s. With Ross Taylor pulling out of the New Zealand side there isn’t a genuine six hitter in this New Zealand line up and whichever bowling attack England put out it will be competitive. England are renowned for hitting big in this format of the game and I think they’ll win the sixes battle again here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zealand-xi-vs-england-betting-england-can-hit-the-most-sixes-in-their-final-warm-up-match

Re: New Zealand vs England T20 Series & ODI Series I have had a small bet today on Stuart Broad top England ( T20 ) series wicket taker, 7/2 Ladbrokes. These bets are a bit of a raffle really, especially in T20, so only a small stake. And there's always the danger of being seduced by that hat-trick. I'm happy to give him a go though. Broad is a mood player I always feel but when he's in form he's great. And I reckon there's enough of an indication he might be in a good place in NZ after a lean spell. Saw the highlights of the aborted game on Monday and he looked happy with life. Michael Lumb said this after the game today ( Sportinglife ): He ( Lumb ) is heartened too by England's resilience today - albeit in defeat - and Broad's evident well-being. "It was good, especially for the four bowlers, to be put under some pressure - and if it comes down to it in the main games, we'll have had some experience a couple of times here. "It's great to have Broady back. His body is moving well, and he's bowling nicely. "He's obviously had a few little niggles, but he's back fit and raring to go. We're really chuffed with that." He's been to Germany to get a new boot fitted apparently so hopefully heel injury is cured. 6 wickets in two warm-up ( well, 2 and a bit ) games is hopefully a pretty good early indication of things to come, although again admittedly 3 of those came in a HT and another one of those is unlikely. There is always the captaincy angle as well, and perhaps he will seek to lead by example in what could be a pretty tough / close series. The competition is pretty tough. Finn is the market favourite ( 3/1 Paddy Power ), and in many ways it is difficult to argue with that. I did see the paragraph below on cricinfo though, so perhaps he may be preparing to use the T20 series to work on a re-modelled action ? Angus Fraser, the former England seamer and now Middlesex director of cricket, acted as a mentor to Finn during his formative years and has spotted technical flaws in his action...Reports from New Zealand, where England are preparing for the Twenty20 series, are that Finn has made some small changes to his approach and delivery, which may account for his expensive performances in the warm-ups, and Fraser believes the remedial work cannot come soon enough... Then Woakes & Tredwell 4/1, Dernbach 9/2 and 10/1 bar those ( all Ladbrokes ). Fair play to any of these other guys if they take the honour, won't have any complaints ( particularly Woakes who I am a fan of ). All things considered I'm happy to take a small risk at 7/2 on Broad's frame of mind being positive and form returning. Best of luck guys :)

Re: New Zealand vs England T20 Series & ODI Series Going to be stuck in the arse end of nowhere during new year with naff internet so just looking at taking a series bet. NZ are currently 9/1 to win 3-0 with Betfair and I quite like the look of this. I think the short format England attack are an absolutely shocking unit, and lack any sort of cohesion or 'go to guy'. I cant see Tremlett getting the same help he did on the sub-continent, Woakes is a poor mans Tim Bresnan (make of that what you will), Broad will not be 100% and well, there's the small matter of Jade Dernbach. Englands top order are not in form, and I think the transition from the Indian pitches will take some getting used to. If we forget about the Test debacle in SA, lets not forget this NZ side went there and matched the best attack in world cricket over six matches. NZ may not be the best in the bowling department but their enthusiasm in the field is second to non imo and pics them up a lot of crucial wickets.

Re: New Zealand vs England T20 Series & ODI Series Series preview: 3pts England to win 2-1 6/4 BetVictor I think this will be a closer series than the odds suggest. New Zealand took a match off South Africa in their series out there over Christmas and they are more than capable of taking a match in this series but I like the England batting line up and I think they can put up enough runs to win this series even allowing for the potentially wayward bowling attack. New Zealand don’t have the longest batting line up but Guptill, McCullum or Taylor will most likely come off once which can give New Zealand a win but I think England will still win the series 2-1. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zealand-vs-england-t20-series-betting-england-can-win-a-tight-t20-series-to-begin-tour-of-new-zealand

Re: New Zealand vs England T20 Series & ODI Series 1st T20 preview: 5pts Over 11.5 6's 10/11 Paddy Power I’m not a huge fan of picking winners of matches on this ground because it can be impossible to defend which means winning the toss is crucial. Therefore in my eyes the much safer bet is for there to be more than 11.5 6’s. In the eight previous matches on this ground this line has been covered on no fewer than six occasions and both these sides are big hitting sides while their bowling attacks are hittable. This is a rugby ground so the boundaries here are going to be small and with the wicket expected to have some pace and bounce I like the look of the overs here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zealand-vs-england-1st-t20-betting-expect-the-eden-park-boundaries-to-be-cleared-at-regular-intervals

Re: New Zealand vs England T20 Series & ODI Series Century in match - yes. 8/1, bet365, hills. An extension of Kev's logic really. High scoring game expected with makeable boundaries, a load of muscle hitters, two attacks which can be got away ( maybe Broad too despite having backed him on that other market), Ross Taylor there to make a headline, Guptil and BBMac have both hit a T20i ton in recent times. Might be worth a throw here for sport. 50 in match is 1/3 ( betvictor ). Agree it could be a close series this one. England will be asking themselves questions I'm sure after failing to close out that final warm up game. Agree with Alf also that NZ are super hard working in the field. Speculation that Taylor coming back in might cause some dressing room friction but I reckon these blokes will just crack on with the job.

Re: New Zealand vs England T20 Series & ODI Series

1st T20 preview: 5pts Over 11.5 6's 10/11 Paddy Power I’m not a huge fan of picking winners of matches on this ground because it can be impossible to defend which means winning the toss is crucial. Therefore in my eyes the much safer bet is for there to be more than 11.5 6’s. In the eight previous matches on this ground this line has been covered on no fewer than six occasions and both these sides are big hitting sides while their bowling attacks are hittable. This is a rugby ground so the boundaries here are going to be small and with the wicket expected to have some pace and bounce I like the look of the overs here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zealand-vs-england-1st-t20-betting-expect-the-eden-park-boundaries-to-be-cleared-at-regular-intervals
bet landed in first 15 overs,not a pretty game to watch though.

1st T20 preview: 5pts Over 11.5 6's 10/11 Paddy Power I’m not a huge fan of picking winners of matches on this ground because it can be impossible to defend which means winning the toss is crucial. Therefore in my eyes the much safer bet is for there to be more than 11.5 6’s. In the eight previous matches on this ground this line has been covered on no fewer than six occasions and both these sides are big hitting sides while their bowling attacks are hittable. This is a rugby ground so the boundaries here are going to be small and with the wicket expected to have some pace and bounce I like the look of the overs here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zealand-vs-england-1st-t20-betting-expect-the-eden-park-boundaries-to-be-cleared-at-regular-intervals
Phew, that was close:lol:lol:nana

Re: New Zealand vs England T20 Series & ODI Series 2nd T20 preview: 5pts England Over 6.5 6's 11/10 Ladbrokes Seddon Park, as with most grounds in New Zealand, is pretty small. Probably not as small as Eden Park but it is certainly small enough for us to be guaranteed to see plenty of sixes and the bet I like in this match is for England to hit over 6.5 6’s. England hit 15 6’s in Auckland and although I wouldn’t necessarily expect that many here I don’t see why they won’t hit at least 7. In the last two T20 internationals on this ground there have been 21 6’s and 23 6’s in total so 7 when England bat shouldn’t be beyond them. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zealand-vs-england-2nd-t20-betting-england-can-continue-to-clear-the-ropes-in-hamilton

Re: New Zealand vs England T20 Series & ODI Series What a hideous run 'chase' that was. At least I've got the New Zealand half of my series outright in but just how many times are England going to get things drastically wrong in limited overs cricket? After just splattering 200 odd batting first in game one why win the toss and bowl first on a ground which was easier to defend than Auckland. And I know Eoin Morgan is a big player for England but he clearly wasn't fit. If he was Bairstow wouldn't have gone in above him and when he did bat he didn't play one sweep be it orthodox or reverse and that is 70% of his game. Root had to be the better option surely. Hopefully we can sort these silly errors out in time for Friday :hope

the words fire and jump come to mind when reading your post but i dont want to be responsible' date='what was your tip again?[/quote'] Thats weird,the words bell and end just came into mine.I wasnt talking about the tip on England.If u want to label people "god punters" then they cant have a strike rate of 1 in 3 winning bets.

Thats weird' date='the words bell and end just came into mine.I wasnt talking about the tip on England.If u want to label people "god punters" then they cant have a strike rate of 1 in 3 winning bets.[/quote'] Thats weird,i cant find "england tip" in my post,the words sore looooossssseeeerr come to mind.

Thats weird' date='the words bell and end just came into mine.I wasnt talking about the tip on England.If u want to label people "god punters" then they cant have a strike rate of 1 in 3 winning bets.[/quote'] Well if you've identified someone with a 1/3 strike rate then surely you have the edge as backing the opposite or laying the selections would return a profit on an evs price. Don't see why you are complaining!

Re: New Zealand vs England T20 Series & ODI Series 3rd T20 preview: 5pts Over 33.5 boundaries 5/6 William Hill Picking the winner of this match won’t be easy because the dew is expected to play a large part of the toss sounds even more crucial on a ground which won’t be easy to defend on anyway. Instead the bet I like here is for there to be over 33.5 boundaries. So far in the series in two one sided matches we’ve been treated to 45 boundaries and 50 boundaries. The boundaries at the Westpac aren’t significantly larger as this is another rugby ground so I think we’ll see at least 34 here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zealand-vs-england-3rd-t20-betting-expect-to-see-the-boundaries-peppered-in-the-series-decider

Re: New Zealand vs England T20 Series & ODI Series 3rd T20I New Zealand 2.20 I have to fancy the Black Caps here. Momentum is with them and with Taylor due an innings and their bowlers generally in good form, I think the toss may not be that meaningful. NZ will be confident if batting first that scoreboard pressure will tell; if they bowl first then they have the edge bowling-wise and I believe will restrict England. Morgan isn't fit really and all of the English bowlers seem a bit off.

Re: New Zealand vs England T20 Series & ODI Series Slice of good fortune for me as I made an error and placed my 3-0 bet on the One day series not the T20! Fancy NZ to wrap up this series today and really think they are good value at 2.2 when they should be evs the pair IMO. Hoping NZ bat first so I can have a nibble on 180 - 200 runs

3rd T20I New Zealand 2.20 I have to fancy the Black Caps here. Momentum is with them and with Taylor due an innings and their bowlers generally in good form, I think the toss may not be that meaningful. NZ will be confident if batting first that scoreboard pressure will tell; if they bowl first then they have the edge bowling-wise and I believe will restrict England. Morgan isn't fit really and all of the English bowlers seem a bit off.
Oh well...

Re: New Zealand vs England T20 Series & ODI Series Just shows how important Broad is for England in the short format. Basically carrying the entire attack, and when he has an off day, England have little chance. I still fancy NZ over the ODIs however where they will have more time to see off Broad and get stuck in to the rest of our savory filled pastry delivery operatives....

Re: New Zealand vs England T20 Series & ODI Series ODI series preview: 3pts England to win series 2-1 6/4 Betfred I think this ODI series will be like the T20 matches. All three matches should be high scoring and I can see them going the same way the T20 matches did with England winning 2-1. England for me just have the little bit more quality with the ball and a longer batting line up which gives them the edge but I would expect one of Guptill, McCullum or Taylor to come off once in the series which will give New Zealand the upper hand in that particular match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zealand-vs-england-odi-series-betting-england-can-come-away-from-the-odi-series-with-a-win-in-new-zealand

Re: New Zealand vs England T20 Series & ODI Series 1st ODI preview: 4pts B.McCullum's Performance Pts - Under 42 5/6 Bet365 McCullum doesn’t keep wicket in the ODI’s which takes away the strong chance of catches and certainly stumpings and he hasn’t made 42 runs in an ODI innings in his last eight matches. He is now adopting this batting at number 5 malarky which means he’ll basically be slogging at the death so he may not even have time to score 42 runs here so without catches, which he has less chance of given that he doesn’t keep wicket, this line looks too high for New Zealand’s skipper. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zealand-vs-england-1st-odi-betting-brendon-mccullum-may-not-have-a-significant-impact-on-series-opener

Re: New Zealand vs England T20 Series & ODI Series Few more series outrights: 3pts I.Bell Top England Series Batsman 3/1 Ladbrokes Ian Bell has been in fine form with the bat for England for sometime now and I think he can go well in New Zealand. I would be surprised if someone outside the top 3 doesn't land the spoils here because Alastair Cook, Ian Bell and Jonathan Trott all occupy the crease for long periods and the new rules and small grounds suit the top order batsmen. Ian Bell's ton in the final ODI in India meant he was the top series runscorer for England there and on these lovely batting wickets and small boundaries I'm sure he'll fancy filling his boots again. Jonathan Trott never played in India so he might have some rust in him which wouldn't be ideal while we saw in South Africa that the two left armers for New Zealand bowl well to left handers which would be a concern for Cook. At 3/1 with the form Bell is in over the 50 over format I think he's a good price here. 2pts K.Williamson Top New Zealand Series Batsman 11/2 Ladbrokes Kane Williamson is a class act and I think this series can be the one where he really propels himself into the limelight. He has already started that with his solid series in South Africa where he made one of the best one day centuries you'll see and I think batting at 3 in this series will be perfect for him, especially as he can just bat while the others around him crack on with the scoring and the taking risks. At some point in his time with Gloucestershire, Williamson will have come up against most of the England attack in this series so he'll know what to expect which should be half the battle. What I like about him here isn't just the price but with Taylor looking like he hasn't batted for ages and McCullum down at 5 this could be between Williamson and Guptill. Guptill's a class act but he comes into this series off the back of a poor ODI series in SA so there's pressure on him which leads me to taking Williamson here. 2pts M.McClenaghan Top New Zealand Series Bowler 3/1 Sportingbet Mitchell McClenaghan was quite impressive in the T20 series. A couple of his overs in the final T20 went but England were cruising and chucking the bat at everything by then. He showed in South Africa that he can keep things tight and he also showed he can bowl the lines which get wickets. He took 6 wickets in the three matches in South Africa and I expect him to be a menace in this series too. He is unlikely to play the test matches so he can give this everything and he might even impress enough to get into the test side if he goes well. In order for that to happen he has to take wickets which I think he can do and lead the New Zealand wicket charts.

Re: New Zealand vs England T20 Series & ODI Series 1st ODI England v NZ NZ most sixes 2.375 BetVictor On a reasonable six-hitting ground, think there'll be 6 or 7 in match. NZ with McCullum, Taylor, Guptil and the tail, should hit more than England's less flashy line up. Morgan is only danger, but he didn't look great in last T20 he had a knock in.

1st ODI England v NZ NZ most sixes 2.375 BetVictor On a reasonable six-hitting ground, think there'll be 6 or 7 in match. NZ with McCullum, Taylor, Guptil and the tail, should hit more than England's less flashy line up. Morgan is only danger, but he didn't look great in last T20 he had a knock in.
I think this won ? Nice one ! :)