Jumps Racing 1st Feb

2.45 CATTERICK – C3 Handicap Hurdle – 25F – SOFT (likely S/H) My Arch did well to finish 2nd LTO when looking a little outpaced before staying on (suggesting this trip might suit). The 3rd had been running consistently off this sort of mark but winner had no real hurdles form for a while. Close 5th has let the form down since and this one probably looks a little high in the weights. Dun Masc's lack of recent run and lack of form on the ground make him easy to swerve. Tell Me Y could be a threat. He beat At Fishers Cross in a maiden before running poorly in two novice hurdles. Immediately better when switched to handicaps finishing 2nd between two horses who have ran respectably off marks in the mid 120's in a better quality of race. The 4th and 5th have also upheld the form by running well off their respective marks (110ish). He was backed to win his most recent race at Cheptsow but an early error and the apparent dislike for heavy ground (according to Jonjo) put paid to his chances there. Blinkers replace cheekpieces and I wouldnt be surprised to see him come good tomorrow. Sun Cloud hacked up at Wetherby where the 3rd has ran well enough since (albeit off 96 in C4 hcaps). The 2nd hadnt shown much hurdling form previously and on the face of it the 10lb rise for that win took its toll in a better race NTO. The horse reportedly ran flat but I think there are question marks to answer first before getting involved. Green Wizard probably should have won LTO but for throwing it away up the run in. Im not convinced the extra trip will suit and considering the lack of appetite to win the race LTO I wont be getting involved. Everaard seems to save his best for Musselburgh. He won a decent chase at the venue LTO and previously finished 3rd in a C5 hcap. The winner has placed since off a mark of 100 but the general form looks weak and certainly not reflective of this mark. Everdon Brook beat Everaard a couple of runs back (the latter 9lb better off now) but he won quite nicely in the end. He than ran a decent 2nd off his revised mark LTO and he may well have prevailed had he been held onto a bit longer. That wasnt a strong race with questionable form (slowly run, winner wasnt in the greatest of form). Romany Ryme run a decent race LTO finishing roughly 10L behind a decent 130 rated rival (also receiving 10lb). The 2nd has won since earning an RPR of 110 giving this one a decent chance off this mark of 103. With improvement expected and conditions to suit (sire was a stayer, previous run on heavy) then I think he is the type of unexposed horse to pop up in a race like this. Final Decision: Romany Ryme 9/1 Bet365 BOG (saver on Tell Me Y if the ground doesnt have heavy in the description)

Re: Jumps Racing 1st Feb 3.55 Catterick – C3 Handicap Chase – 19f Soft (likely S/H) Kandari doesnt appear to be a natural jumper and I am surprised to see him so short for this. May well get himself into contention towards the finish but likely to blow his chances at some point. Quite The Man , Diamond Frontier, Papa Caruso and Saveiro all need to find some form. Ros Castle won a beginners chase at Kelso where the 2nd has twice placed since in C4 Handicaps. He wasnt hard pressed to win that race and puts him about right off this mark. He has then run well in two C4 handicaps, the first of which he looked a little outpaced before staying on strongly over 17f (G/S) where the winner has placed in a C3 (off 111) and won a C4 (off 113). In his latest race he bumped into a rejuvenated winner who had previously shown some decent form and was clearly in good heart. Upon reflection its probably a little disappointing that he didnt win that race but he should definitely be involved at the finish. This slight step up in trip should suit. Alpha One's form doesnt look the strongest but he has been involved at the finish in his last 4 races (was set to LTO before falling). He will probably be so again here but he doesnt really appeal to me, especially considering he might need to get over his fall. Categorical may well improve for this step down in class but he has shown in his last 3 starts and probably best watched for the time being. Decision: Ros Castle 11/4 Bet365 BOG