Wednesday 1:30: John Oaksey National Hunt Chase

• 1 month later...

Re: Wednesday 1:30: Diamond Jubilee National Hunt Chase

Interesting opener to the second day and some nice progressive horses in the line up, Back In Focus will have his supporters as will the Nicholls horse Hawkes Point. I like Buddy Bolero’s chances for the Pipe’s, he looks a fast improving type and they have booked a strong amateur to do the steering, only a 7yo and although 8lbs behind the favourite on ratings I think he can improve for the trip. Godsmejudge looks a solid alternative with the assistance of Nico de Boinville. Selections: 2pts Buddy Bolero 9/2

>Betfred 1pt Godsmejudge 7/1 >Bet365

Full Preview; https://www.punterslounge.com/cheltenham-festival/

Re: Wednesday 1:30: John Oaksey National Hunt Chase Highland Lodge looks a decent bet in what is a very open race. Excuses in his last two and some decent form on testing ground including a comprehensive win at Cheltenham over 3m2f on heavy ground just a few months ago. A very backable 25/1 is still available and worth a few quid,for me at least.

Re: Wednesday 1:30: John Oaksey National Hunt Chase I think the likes of Back in Focus, Hawkes Point and Buddy Bolero are all worth taking on in this due to lack of experience. I like Rival D'Estruval and Emperors Choice. Both have talented jockeys on board and should run well.

Re: Wednesday 1:30: John Oaksey National Hunt Chase Will do short summaries now and extend tomorrow actually: 1pt win Hawkes Point @ 11/1 (PP) Paul Nicholls states that this horse is just as good as Harry The Viking who was 2nd in this last year and his form does look pretty solid. Showed his stamina at Exeter over three miles on deep ground, and his effort behind Opening Batsman at Plumpton reads well. Plenty of stamina in the pedigree (by Kayf Tara and out of a mare who was 2nd over 3m2f) and I reckon he's overpriced.