Skittle's Big One.

Skittle

It's all about the numbers. Keep seeing the odd bet here and there that goes missing for one reason or another and feel the need to be able to utilise this type of bet. I have a rest since the 442 run so I'm back for another big run attempt. Hopefully this will be another lesson in the patience department and will be a slow and steady effort. Starting with just £10 as the money angle is secondary here. May take a year or more so make yourself comfortable. All in every bet. Bet 1, Man Utd v Liverpool - Man Utd +2...@ 1.01 in play. 1-0 and 45 gone.

Re: Skittle's Big One. Good luck in this quest. I'll certainly be keeping an eye-out. Getting to 500 would be something else. You going to be keeping it all-in until you hit say 300? I know the money is secondary, but it will add up and gives you something else to keep you motivated.

Re: Skittle's Big One. The monetary value won't be that high really as it's only a tenner start. I may take the tenner out after I double up as I feel that a 'free roll' bet becomes easier in the mind. After that it will be a while before I even think about it.

Sorry to hijack your thread Skittle, quick question on in play betting. Team A is winning 2-0 80 mins gone would you back Team A to win or under 3.5 goals. Or would it depend on price available which would seem like the answer to me but I'm new and learning the in play life. Sorry again for the hijack, but you do seem to be the guru of this type of bet !

Re: Skittle's Big One.

Sorry to hijack your thread Skittle' date=' quick question on in play betting. Team A is winning 2-0 80 mins gone would you back Team A to win or under 3.5 goals. Or would it depend on price available which would seem like the answer to me but I'm new and learning the in play life. Sorry again for the hijack, but you do seem to be the guru of this type of bet ![/quote'] At 80 minutes I would be unlikely to back a team to win. Two goals in 10 minutes plus injury time scuppers my bet. A lot would depend on the way the game was going as I wouldn't consider the bet at all unless I was watching it. Most of the time it's the way the game is going that determines my type of bet. Under 3.5 would be a possibility as it would take three goals to kill me off, but again, injury time minutes will be a factor. For certain bets, in play, I don't become interested until the price gets to 1.01 anyway. I won't consider the likes of under 3.5/4.5 unless I have a cushion of 5 minutes per goal as a saviour, and the more I can reduce that 5 minutes and let the amount reduce at the 1.01 price the better. Timing, patience, discipline and gut feeling are my mentors. Why take a chance when you can wait? Yes, you can get a better price for a lot of things, but the risk is increased and so often people are caught out by greed and stupidity. I feel it's better to have 50 winners @ 1.01 than 10 slightly riskier bets @ 1.1 when I'm sure one of them will go down. Hope this helps. Don't stay in the dark, get a thread going on here, even if it's a paper trail { no money, just points }, it's good practice.

Re: Skittle's Big One. quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Al_Shrew viewpost-right.png Sorry to hijack your thread Skittle, quick question on in play betting. Team A is winning 2-0 80 mins gone would you back Team A to win or under 3.5 goals. Or would it depend on price available which would seem like the answer to me but I'm new and learning the in play life. Sorry again for the hijack, but you do seem to be the guru of this type of bet ! ====================================== At 80 minutes I would be unlikely to back a team to win. Two goals in 10 minutes plus injury time scuppers my bet. A lot would depend on the way the game was going as I wouldn't consider the bet at all unless I was watching it. Most of the time it's the way the game is going that determines my type of bet. Under 3.5 would be a possibility as it would take three goals to kill me off, but again, injury time minutes will be a factor. For certain bets, in play, I don't become interested until the price gets to 1.01 anyway. I won't consider the likes of under 3.5/4.5 unless I have a cushion of 5 minutes per goal as a saviour, and the more I can reduce that 5 minutes and let the amount reduce at the 1.01 price the better. Timing, patience, discipline and gut feeling are my mentors. Why take a chance when you can wait? Yes, you can get a better price for a lot of things, but the risk is increased and so often people are caught out by greed and stupidity. I feel it's better to have 50 winners @ 1.01 than 10 slightly riskier bets @ 1.1 when I'm sure one of them will go down. Hope this helps. Don't stay in the dark, get a thread going on here, even if it's a paper trail { no money, just points }, it's good practice. ============================== Really glad I bothered with the answer to his question now. :eyes

Sorry mate ! I have read your reply, I've been watching the markets of a few games seeing how they pan out and progress. Trying to figure out what rules I should put in place to try and cut back on any tendency to be greedy or gamble for the sake of it because its 1.01. Once I've refined it a bit more I will be starting my own thread. Thanks for taking time out to reply and apologies again for not responding any sooner !